IGNORED

Whole bunch o' proto chips...

captainrhythm

I bought these chips, and the joke is on you guys, there are some protos in that lot. I just got the deal of the year :D

post-12776-126868215155_thumb.jpg

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/159769-huge-lot-of-data-age-eproms/

You found a CDR with Thrill Kill on it, whoooohoooo! :P ;)

NOOOOO!! It's a proto!! It's a PROTO don't you know!!! The jokes on you, this Thrill Kill is real!!! (proto's my ass :roll:) :rolling:

I bought these chips, and the joke is on you guys, there are some protos in that lot. I just got the deal of the year :D

post-12776-126868215155_thumb.jpg

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/159769-huge-lot-of-data-age-eproms/

You found a CDR with Thrill Kill on it, whoooohoooo! :P ;)

NOOOOO!! It's a proto!! It's a PROTO don't you know!!! The jokes on you, this Thrill Kill is real!!! (proto's my ass :roll:) :rolling:

Ok, explain the Airlock WIP and how this was found exactly like the other Survival Run proto (in a lot of 'pirates' with the same exact PCB) ;)

Aside from the possible bit-rot, it could have been copied when the S.R. binary was copied. ;)

Very unlikely that it is bit rot, I have 3 copies that all have the same ROM ;) You think the original Survival Run isn't a prototype either then?

No, I don't, I doubt it ever made into a Data Age style "review" cart. Sure, it's un-released, but so are a ton of games on multi-carts and multi-game units out there.

Just a thought, and I'm surprised no one has offered this one up yet... how common was the equipment in the early 80's to make pirates? Would people who WORKED for a game publisher be prime suspects for making these kinds of things?

AX

Yes but to accept these as anything aside from pirated chips that would be saying if Wiz was to copy a game that his pirated copy is more valid cause he works for a gaming company but not necessarily (and in most cases not) the company that programmed whatever game that is in question VS someone outside of the gaming industry pirating the same game at the same time.

To be a legit prototype you gotta have alot more than a scribble on a sticker from the 80's covering an eprom window potentially but by no means verified to be burned by an employee of a gaming company. I don't give a shit if the guy worked for God that made the bootleg, without it being a clearly undumped game under these circumstances they are just another batch of vintage pirates. I'm very sure all the senior prototype enthusiasts will agree (which they already have).