IGNORED

lookin for a game, Hammurabi

jchase1970

Update program located. Upload complete if you want to try it.

HAMMURABI.zip

I'm not really sure what the name was, it was a basic game, not extended basic.

It may have been called TI_Kingdom or something similar.

It was a port of Hammurabi (by David Ahl).

here is a web version. http://www.hammurabigame.com/hammurabi-game.php

Seems like the TI version had some graphical touches to it, but, I'm not sure.

I looked around about a year ago before I could even remember what the game was called,

I found the original game source and wrote my own pc version, but I would really like to play the TI version again.

John

Edited by jchase1970

I looked around about a year ago before I could even remember what the game was called,

I found the original game source and wrote my own pc version, but I would really like to play the TI version again.

There was such a game in "Games TI's play", by Scott Singer and Tony Bartels. I have a copy. It's adapted from "Games Apples Play" By Mark James Capella and Michael D Weinstock.

At a glance, it's pure text and written in TI-Basic.

Adamantyr

There was such a game in "Games TI's play", by Scott Singer and Tony Bartels. I have a copy. It's adapted from "Games Apples Play" By Mark James Capella and Michael D Weinstock.

Adamantyr

Scroll down a little bit and check the "Santa Paravia and Fiumaccio" thread. There's a Hammurabi-esque game I salvaged from a commercially-released 1980 tape. Also TI BASIC and all text.

I know if you're looking for an exact version, only it will probably do, but that game might still be worth copying and pasting for you.

Adamantyr

Scroll down a little bit and check the "Santa Paravia and Fiumaccio" thread. There's a Hammurabi-esque game I salvaged from a commercially-released 1980 tape. Also TI BASIC and all text.

I know if you're looking for an exact version, only it will probably do, but that game might still be worth copying and pasting for you.

I saw that post and it remind me of this game abit, I think from some research I did that I read it was based on Hammurabi. I'm hoping the game I am looking for is maybe a magazine entry like the Simon Kind game that someone recognized and might have it laying around too.

• 3 months later...

Hey I found the game I have been looking for for a year, lol. Complete accident too. It was on a disk TI put out, I think it was oldie nut goodies. Way back when I didn't have a disk system but I got a copy of this game on tape from somewhere and it has always stuck in the back of my mind.

Basically this is a remake of a main frame game, The ti version has some graphics with it, all other version I have every played are pure text. The game is the granddaddy of all city building games. I uploaded it for anyone who might want to try it. This is also the only version to use the correct spelling of the name, all other classic computer versions shorten the name to 8 letter because of file name length requirements.

Very simple game but the fun is in trying to figure out the correct ratios to use.

Edited by jchase1970