IGNORED

Dragon Quest SNES repros

I've been eyeing some of the SNES repors out there, specifically the Dragon Quest 5 and 6.

Does anyone have experience with these? I really need to play the SNES version of DQ5 at some point and I think this will be the best way to go. Since I am not about playing roms on my laptop, I'd like actual carts I can play in my SNES or FC16.

Please chime in with thoughts and experiences and where you'd recommend searching/buying.

Cheers ;)

I have big issues with those price points as I know for a fact those are just ROMs that were fan translated and meant to be freely distributed.

I would have no issue paying for whatever the actual cost of burning a cart is, plus a little extra seeing as it's a business and all that, but really I can't see how anyone can justify those prices, when they are 'stolen' fan-made ROMs :thumbsdown:

I have big issues with those price points as I know for a fact those are just ROMs that were fan translated and meant to be freely distributed.

I would have no issue paying for whatever the actual cost of burning a cart is, plus a little extra seeing as it's a business and all that, but really I can't see how anyone can justify those prices, when they are 'stolen' fan-made ROMs :thumbsdown:

Wiring DIP package chips to those surface mount contacts is no easy task. I tell ya right now unless I was getting paid proper for it I wouldn't do this kinda wire work. Below is a pic of the more clean work I've seen and this pic doesn't do justice to the amount of work involved AT ALL:

sf2_schematics.png

starfox2pcb.jpg