IGNORED

Huge lot of Data Age EPROMs

Wickeycolumbus

I recently bought a large lot of 'pirate' EPROMs in an Ebay lot (200+) with a hunch that they came from Data Age. Turns out I was right, as one of the games included was Data Age's unreleased Survival Run game. I still have to look through all of the EPROMs to see if there are any other unreleased games, and dump my Survival Run proto to see if it is the same as the other one that was previously discovered. I will keep you all posted, but for now, here are a few pictures :)

post-12776-12686818646_thumb.jpg

post-12776-126868187855_thumb.jpg

Most of the EPROMs in the lot are from other game companies (Atari, Activision, etc..), I am guessing that these are in house pirates.

• 1 month later...

I found what looks to be an Air Lock WIP. Not sure what is different, just compared the ROMs. Still looking for others.

I didn't notice any difference. It looks the same to me.

I found what looks to be an Air Lock WIP. Not sure what is different, just compared the ROMs. Still looking for others.

I didn't notice any difference. It looks the same to me.

It is very similar, but the ROMs are different. IIRC, the difference is an optimization in the console switch reading routine.

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a large lot of 'pirate' EPROMs in an Ebay lot (200+) with a hunch that they came from Data Age. Turns out I was right, as one of the games included was Data Age's unreleased Survival Run game. I still have to look through all of the EPROMs to see if there are any other unreleased games, and dump my Survival Run proto to see if it is the same as the other one that was previously discovered. I will keep you all posted, but for now, here are a few pictures :)

Most of the EPROMs in the lot are from other game companies (Atari, Activision, etc..), I am guessing that these are in house pirates.

Did you buy that ZIF PCB or did you make it? Do you know where i can find the PCB plans to make a ZIF PCB with two DIP sockets like the one you have?

Did you buy that ZIF PCB or did you make it? Do you know where i can find the PCB plans to make a ZIF PCB with two DIP sockets like the one you have?

There were five of those boards included with the lot. You could always buy a 4K EPROM board from Albert and use A11 to select between the two chips. I don't have a diagram, but it should be simple :)