IGNORED

Lynx HSC 2nd half of March 2010 Toki

atari2600land

If you look towards the beginning of the Lynx HSC's history, you'll find that there was only ONE response to the contest regarding Toki. Since then I've been curious of how far people can get in this game, so I hope to get more responses this time around. If you haven't figured it out yet, Toki is our game of the half-month. This time, the contest ends March 31 at 11:59pm Pacific. By the way, Twin Galaxies' record is 343,050 held by Ron Corcoran.

-current standings:

Battlezone 46

Eric DeLee 45

darthkur 30

atari2600land 26

Horst 26

roadrunner 21

Atari Smeghead 17

Damon Plus 10

madbutscher 6

atomickneedrop 6

-high scores:

-battlezone - 126,150

-darthkur - 93,600

-atomickneedrop - 57,700

-Eric DeLee - 42,050

-roadrunner 31,500

Edited by atari2600land

ummm... what's up ...

I see a few different things going on. Are we still playing Toki?

Yes, if you want, but it really is terrible. My high score last time I played was 153,300 and I will never play it again. Thats how much I hate it, even more than Rampage :x

I do not undestand if you hate games like TOKI or if you don't like TOKI for Lynx.

ummm... what's up ...

Yes, if you want, but it really is terrible. My high score last time I played was 153,300 and I will never play it again. Thats how much I hate it, even more than Rampage :x

I do not undestand if you hate games like TOKI or if you don't like TOKI for Lynx.

ummm... what's up ...

Just hate Toki

My score: 126.150

Nice!

mmmmmm don't know why but I think you are doing better :)

LOL... Nope. Not this time!

This game kicked my ass. I didn't get a lot of time in either, but I still think the results would have been the same.

The score above is my final attempt, too much going on at work to keep trying.

Now... mind you... baseball season is around the corner. That's when I start to zone in while I'm watching/listening to the Tiger games.

Dang it, I forgot all about this part of the forum. I realize I'm too late for this portion of the competition, but I think I might be able to beat that 153,300 mark. Back in the day I got pretty far in the game, and now that I've looked at some youtube videos, it looks like I was just seconds from the final boss when I finally gave up on the game some 15 years ago. I played it again today and a lot of it came right back to me, so I'll have to give it a shot.

PFG 9000... give it a shot!

There's nothing wrong with trying to beat it! I'd love to see if someone can (which I know someone can). Also, just like with any game, if you have any playing tips, share them! If you notice a great You Tube video... share the link with all of us! :) That's what makes this so fun.

I guess this game comes back just like riding a bike. 182,650. I know I can get further than this, but this is about my 6th game tonight and my batteries are toast. I'll keep trying though...the next level is the last one.

Dscf4331b.jpg

EDIT: I wish I was more adept at computer stuff...I would like to record a Youtube video of this game, but I just don't have the time to learn how. I usually tend to get a pattern down when I play games like this over and over again, so that I can breeze right through the game the exact same way each time. It's more noticeable in Scrapyard Dog than in Toki, but I still have a set way of playing through the game, and it's usually a good combination of the quickest and the most complete path through the game as far as I know.

For example, I always used to use the football helmet in the first level to destroy half of that machine miniboss. You wouldn't think it would work that well, since you have to jump through the machine twice to do so, but the helmet actually protects Toki as long as you do it a certain way. It's easily the quickest way through that part, but it also makes it easy to destroy every part of the machine before it falls off of the vine, thus giving you the highest score possible for that part.

Edited by PFG 9000