IGNORED

God of War III

cimerians

I just got my box tonight...I figured I'd post a thread here to avoid the GOW confusion (GOW = God of War or Gears of War) started on the modern forums.

I'll be going home in a bit to try the game out. I saw the reviews and they are pretty much insane. I read that the God of War and the Uncharted crews talk to each other a lot and bounce ideas amongst themselves. Could be two of the best games on the PS3. I just want it to be at least on par with the first 2 games.

I'm about 4 or 5 hours in.

It's good. But so far it's the first two games with better graphics and some nice tweeks like being able to switch weapons on the fly.

If you liked the first two, you will like this one, but it somehow is starting to feel old to me. Let's face it, if you played and loved the first two you are going to play this one and love it as well unless it was utter crap.

I am hoping for some really unique levels (like the Titan in the dessert with the temple on his back in GOW2... THAT was really good) but so far it has been pretty run of the mill classic God of War type levels.

I'm about 4 or 5 hours in.

It's good. But so far it's the first two games with better graphics and some nice tweeks like being able to switch weapons on the fly.

If you liked the first two, you will like this one, but it somehow is starting to feel old to me. Let's face it, if you played and loved the first two you are going to play this one and love it as well unless it was utter crap.

I am hoping for some really unique levels (like the Titan in the dessert with the temple on his back in GOW2... THAT was really good) but so far it has been pretty run of the mill classic God of War type levels.

Thats kind of what I was hoping for but with better graphics. :)

I played it last night for a few hours. I'm totally happy with it, actually beyond happy with it so far. :D

Some of the action sequences are heart pounding awesome like the first two games.

I havent played Uncharted 2 but if Uncharted has similar style sequences I really need to play that as well. (I've read that there are similarities)

I played it last night for a few hours. I'm totally happy with it, actually beyond happy with it so far. :D

This is good to hear. I've never played a GOW game and I suspect this game is going to blow my socks off. Waiting for a chance to snag the collectors edition with a repro of Pandora's Box.

This is good to hear. I've never played a GOW game and I suspect this game is going to blow my socks off. Waiting for a chance to snag the collectors edition with a repro of Pandora's Box.

Quite honestly since all three games are basically the same, the third God of War is the best version to get for newcomers because of the better graphics (waaay better graphics than the first two obviously). You dont really need the first two games IMO.

Yeah I got the big collectors box. The idiots on amazon and ebay are selling them for double the cost.

The thing is, the game is a trilogy (with a bonus PSP game thrown in) and the story is really good.

It's a story of revenge and part three is really very cool when you know why Kratos is going balls out crazy on the remaining gods. You don't really HAVE to have played the first two at all, but it will make part 3 that much more fun. I THINK they made the original two games look a lot prettier with the God of War Compilation disk didn't they? It's $20 at Best Buy last I checked.

And how the hell does someone with that many achievement points on Xbox could have missed the God of War series? My world is crumbling around me! Nothing makes sense anymore! AAAAAAHHHHH ! ! ! icon_smile.gif

[Waiting for a chance to snag the collectors edition with a repro of Pandora's Box.

Amazon had them for sale this morning for $99 plus free shipping. Three minutes (I'm not exaggerating) after I noticed their availability, Amazon was "out of stock" but re-sellers had them listed for the bargain price of $199.

Mendon