IGNORED

Game port prospect: Acorn Electron's Gunsmoke.

in8regs

On 9/12/2021 at 6:05 PM, senior_falcon said:

There is about 4K of memory left for more music. And also, I would think that being able to play different music at different places in the game would be desirable.

An XB subroutine to do that is included in the zip I posted ;)

• Like 1

Dear All, 

almost finished !  finally the gamemusic is "on" ... and everything is still working also after music addendum ... here enclosed the semi finished version... music start at opening and every gunman bonus ... any suggestion is welcome...

I kindly ask you if by chance do you have a good sound list (I mean real sound list for CALL SOUND statement) for the boothill slashscreen ... like the one attached  .m4a  

Thanks a lot for your patience and help 

for XB : Image disk GUNSMOKE in DSK1 

OLD DSK1.GSV16-AL

RUN

DeathMarch1.m4a GUNSMOKE.dsk

Edited by whoami999ster
ERRATA CORRIGE
  • Like 5

On 9/14/2021 at 4:36 AM, Tursi said:

An XB subroutine to do that is included in the zip I posted ;)

It means that more than one music canbe played ? how to switch beetween songs ? 

PS. I think that it was a great work from you all ... now from XB256 it's possible to include in programs in easily way some very good music and effects... thanks once again for that

7 hours ago, whoami999ster said:

It means that more than one music canbe played ? how to switch between songs ? 

Assuming you are still using my player, and not XB sound lists (I am not clear about that point)... create the SBF file with more than one song included (vgmcomp.exe will accept as many input files as you like). 

In the readme.txt are listings for three subroutines. You need to include one in your program. I believe it should work correctly compiled. The one for changing song index is this one:

12000 REM PATCH SONGGO WITH INDEX IN 'I' (first song is 0)
12010 CALL PEEK(8196,N1,N2)::REM GET TOP OF FREE RAM
12020 N=N1*256+N2
12030 REM SEARCH TOP DOWN
12040 FOR PTR=16376 TO N STEP -8
12050 CALL PEEK(PTR,N1,N2,N3,N4,N5,N6)::REM CHECK NAME SONGGO (LOWERCASE/UPPERCASE)
12055 IF N1=115 AND N2=111 AND N3=110 AND N4=103 AND N5=103 AND N6=111 THEN 12070
12060 IF N1<>83 OR N2<>79 OR N3<>78 OR N4<>71 OR N5<>71 OR N6<>79 THEN 12100
12070 CALL PEEK(PTR+6,N1,N2)
12080 N=N1*256+N2+84
12090 CALL LOAD(N,I)
12095 PTR=0
12100 NEXT PTR
12110 RETURN

Set I to the index you want to play (first one is 0), then gosub this routine. The next music you start with SONGGO will be the one you selected.

So for instance, if you put 3 songs in the song bank, you can play the third one like this:

100 I=2 :: REM First song is 0, second is 1, third is 2, etc
110 GOSUB 12000
120 CALL LINK("SONGGO")

Note that if you specify a bigger index than exists, the results are not guaranteed. It may well crash the system. So play carefully and always save before you run ;)

Edited by Tursi
(corrected offset to CALL LOAD address)
  • Like 1

** Apologies ** the offset in the readme.txt file seems to be incorrect. I don't think I fixed it when I changed the code to check both uppercase and lowercase.

The above code is correct except for line 12080 - that should be:

12080 N=N1*256+N2+84

(The last number changed).

The value is correct in the sample disk I posted, it's just wrong in the readme. I'll also edit the above post so the wrong value isn't lying around ;)

• Like 1

@whoami999ster nice game! Just one none: the ememies are white and the windows have the same color, so when they are appearing on windows they aren't clearly visible. You should change the sprite color to grey in such cases.

I've also notices some garbage on the top left corner at launch (tested with Classic99 QI399.050) that disappeared after game over.