IGNORED

Game Room

Flojomojo

Supposedly last October they were supposed to have a Konami Game Room bundle of 15 games for 1200 points. For whatever reason this never panned out. Kind of sucks because that would have been an incredible deal and gotten some buzz for Game Room.

I wish they had been offering bundles from day one. I've already bought several Konami games, so at this point if I buy a 15 game bundle, I'll probably already have 5 or 6 of them.

Lame.

Still no Food Fight today. Bummer.

Last night I got home from work and fired up Game Room at about 12:15am. They had pack 13 available for download, so I tried to download it. It ended up disappearing from my downloads and still isn't available. Anybody have enough time to download pack 13 and see what's in it?

Wednesday's games were Pooyan, TwinBee, and Thwocker.

Still 5 games left, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this update stretched across another two weeks.

I imagine we'll get Food Fight/Warlords/Volleyball during one of the weeks, and the two Konami coinops during the other week.

Edited by Atariboy

The Pack 13 thing hit me and I was also over on GameFAQs and noticed people at the Game Room board there talking about it. Probably some garbage that got uploaded by mistake. Hopefully it is a sign that there will be at least one more pack coming our way. I might have to get on and check out Food Fight, though I'm really only looking forward to Sunset Riders which I might actually buy.

I was wrong, I figured Food Fight would come out with just the 2600 and Intellivision game. But Missing in Action also made it out along with them

That just apparantly leaves Sunset Riders for next week. Wonder if that signifys that they're finished?

I sure hope if Krome goes under that Microsoft keeps this going and contracts with another developer like Digital Eclipse. Lots of potential here if it got more support to continue adding consoles and attracting other developers (We've gotten much of Konami's 1980's coinop library, imagine Game Room's lineup if several other popular companies similarly supported this).

With more support and adjusted pricing (This thing really needs bundles with discounted pricing), this could be a really nice service someday.

Edited by Atariboy

Still no Food Fight today. Bummer.

Last night I got home from work and fired up Game Room at about 12:15am. They had pack 13 available for download, so I tried to download it. It ended up disappearing from my downloads and still isn't available. Anybody have enough time to download pack 13 and see what's in it?

This has happend to me on numerous occasions with the other download packs, though I haven't tried lucky #13 yet. I don't know why this keeps happening.

This has happend to me on numerous occasions with the other download packs, though I haven't tried lucky #13 yet. I don't know why this keeps happening.

Usually the packs are 2 weeks worth of games. So if you know a game is supposed to be released in a certain pack and it's not there, check back the next week.

Food Fight is now available. Have at it.

Usually the packs are 2 weeks worth of games. So if you know a game is supposed to be released in a certain pack and it's not there, check back the next week.

Food Fight is now available. Have at it.

Well, it's not that I'm expecting to see a game in Pack 13 (as an example) and I don't see it even though I know that I've already download Pack 13.

It's that I see a game but instead of the game's picture it's a downward pointing arrow, and if I click on it I'll be told to download Pack 13. Huh?? I've already downloaded Pack 13!!

However despite this, I really do like Game Room (despite the pricing). I don't do the console games on it, but I like being able to get the Arcade games/cabinets.

The new game pack today includes the famous Venitian Blinds demo from Activision. Now, this is a great piece of Atari history, but why charge full price for an unplayable joke demo?

Full price!!! That's freaking insane!

That should be free.... then i'd be able to get the,

play one game for an hour achievement.

i'm ready for some good games already!!!! What gives..

it's like they want game room to fail!

-rick

This is the lineup of games. And we're still missing Sunset Riders.

Codebreaker - Atari 2600

Desert Falcon - Atari 2600

Football - Atari 2600

RealSports Baseball - Atari 2600

Star Ship - Atari 2600

Surround - Atari 2600

Venetian Blinds - Atari 2600

Slam Dunk Basketball - Intellivision

Tennis - Intellivision

Devastators - Konami

Iron Horse - Konami (Lacks the ingame music the arcade release had, for some reason)

The Main Event - Konami

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having complete Game Room Lock-UP?

Mostly when i go to EXIT from game room, NOT during gameplay.

Can I fix it if I delete game room and re-downlaod it?

-rick

Ohh Food Fight is the best game room game i've played in a long time.. :D

Anyone else having complete Game Room Lock-UP?

Mostly when i go to EXIT from game room, NOT during gameplay.

Can I fix it if I delete game room and re-downlaod it?

-rick

Ohh Food Fight is the best game room game i've played in a long time.. :D

It did on my PC but only when after I installed it, I havent gone back to it on the 360 in a while. What sucks with the PC version is there is absolutely no form of joystick support. Argh!

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure what Microsoft has up their sleeve, but they're planning on bringing Game Room to Windows Phone 7. You'd think they'd have a plan B if they're going to continue promoting it.

Well maybe that is encouraging news. I wouldn't mind seeing some new content for the game room.

Although truth be told I haven't used it as much as I would have liked. I think I bought like 10 games, I fired it up last week, but it was the first time in a long time.

Krome is still around in limited capacity, they just haven't worked on Game Room for quite sometime it appears.

I really hope Microsoft hasn't given up on this. There were flaws and quite a bit that wasn't done well, but it seemed to have a lot of potential.

They should try to get a company like Code Mystics to take over the reigns.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody heard anything more on the Game Room? No updates are starting to concern me. I hope MS hasn't given up on it. I'd like to see them allow indie games and other arcade games already purchased added to it. I hope they will keep up with it. I like the idea of building my own arcade. Well I guess time will tell.

Rich

Anybody heard anything more on the Game Room? No updates are starting to concern me. I hope MS hasn't given up on it. I'd like to see them allow indie games and other arcade games already purchased added to it. I hope they will keep up with it. I like the idea of building my own arcade. Well I guess time will tell.

Rich

I think pack 13 was the last update...

I'm always up for a challenge. Send me a friend request if you'd like.

-rick