IGNORED

Game Room

Flojomojo

Anybody heard anything more on the Game Room? No updates are starting to concern me. I hope MS hasn't given up on it. I'd like to see them allow indie games and other arcade games already purchased added to it. I hope they will keep up with it. I like the idea of building my own arcade. Well I guess time will tell.

Rich

I think pack 13 was the last update...

I'm always up for a challenge. Send me a friend request if you'd like.

-rick

Hey rick,

Will do, if I get the time, it's been busy lately.

Rich

• 8 years later...

Other than just disconnecting from Xbox Live, does anyone know how to make this not attempt to connect to the now non-existent servers?

I reloaded it tonight from a fresh install on another Xbox 360, hoping it would work. It does, which pleased me since I had read posts that suggested it was completely non-functional now. But the problem is that there's a two minute or so wait at the title screen before it finally gives up trying to connect (Which may be why some think it no longer works).

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

Other than just disconnecting from Xbox Live, does anyone know how to make this not attempt to connect to the now non-existent servers?

I reloaded it tonight from a fresh install on another Xbox 360, hoping it would work. It does, which pleased me since I had read posts that suggested it was completely non-functional now. But the problem is that there's a two minute or so wait at the title screen before it finally gives up trying to connect (Which may be why some think it no longer works).

That I do not know, but yeah it's working still for games you bought back in the day only. I use it from time to time still as I have around 12 games or so downloaded.

• Like 1

My issue was a non-issue in subsequent loads.

I don't know why it took so long attempting to connect to servers a few days ago when I played it for the first time on this particular system (And the first time in several years I've played Game Room on any 360), but it now gives up attempting to connect in a reasonable amount of time.

They're down. The online services for it have been discontinued.

We're still teased by Sunset Riders being previewed as coming soon. A real shame that classic, which was the last game in the last game pack to get announced, never made it out thanks to the troubles with Krome.

And in 2019, I'm not sure it will ever make it out in emulated form anywhere. Already seen a longplay video on YouTube for instance where the uploader was "protecting" his viewers by cutting out an entire level in this cartoony action game set in the old west, since he had deemed it offensive.

Edited by Atariboy