IGNORED

Game Room

Flojomojo

*** New Game Room games not coming until late April! ***

see link>>

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-498465.aspx

what a bummer! Looks like I'll be playing alot of Yars Revenge...

I wish they'd release a list of games in the upcoming packs.

-rick

I went to the game request thread posted in that article and requested Bounty Bob Strikes back for the 5200. :lol:

http://forums.xbox.com/1/31869064/ShowPost.aspx#31869064

I actually have some interest in the Game Room, but not at their current prices. I played demo's of 5 of the games and they weren't bad at all. And the potential is there for some great content. But I'm not willing to pay $3 for games I already own, such as Astrosmash or Atari2600 Millipede. Nor am I ready to buy point cards just to fling tokens into machines owned by other user's at 50cents a play.

$1 a game pricing and I'd probably be all over this, simply for the ease of being able to play these games without the hassle of hooking up other systems.

Mendon

It's total BS! The leaderboard servers are down most of the time!

I should have the high score on my friends list in Yars Revenge.

I scored over 115,000 but the leaderbords are down so it didn't post it! :x

They better fix this!

-rick

It just boils down to... we're not this software's demographic really.

We're not?! Who the fuck else would buy it? People too young to remember these old games probably won't buy them. The people who are old enough to remember them won't buy Microsoft's gimped versions. The audience for Game Room is NOBODY.

I think it is kinda funny I still have Atari anthology which has all the games that are released on my arcade... also I have intellivision lives on the ps2 so I have all the titles for that system .... So I do not think I am going to rush out and get them....

We are the target audience for the oldster games and I am rather underwhelmed by it. There is one game Tutenkamen that I might get or however the spell it. So far that is it.... The xbox was great for retro....

I have to day that the other house party games did not float my boat either... However namco arcde works really well get that instead.....

These games are SO bloody expensive considering many of them are 30 years old or more. It would be more economically feasible to pound a nail through my dick. 100 points each for unlimited play at the very most. If I look hard enough, I can get any of those Atari 2600 cartridges for 50 cents. And nothing beats the original cartridges, no matter what achievements, medals, and custom game rooms Microsoft throws at me.

We're not?! Who the fuck else would buy it? People too young to remember these old games probably won't buy them. The people who are old enough to remember them won't buy Microsoft's gimped versions. The audience for Game Room is NOBODY.

The target demographic is ppl around our age that don't already have compilations (Atari Anthology, Activision Anthology, Intellivision Lives, etc.) or real actual old-school hardware lying around. The people that remember what arcades were like and will appreciate being able to put one together (even if it is virtual).

And ppl who have more MS points than sense.

I tried this out. At first I thought Game Room was pretty exciting, but then got disappointed by lack of games and the costs. Watched Caf Jr play the free demos of Adventure, and some old Snake-style game on a Pac-man type maze (it was pretty fun,I'd never seen it before - really old). I played Red Baron a bit.

Caf Jr played Adventure until his time ran out. The thing is, he played on game variation 2 and then some of 3 , and I didn't see the bat in either. Then he unlocked a castle and the bat was in there. Overall I felt the Adventure ROM played differently from what I remember. The bat was always a pain, yet in Game Room it never appeared until we went into that castle. ?

So far i got Crystal Castles, Yars Revenge and Tutankham.

I might get Asteriods Deluxe and Centipede soon....

What i really wanst is: River Raid, Star Wars:the Arcade Game

and Super Pac-Man.....

Anyone and everyone that wants some Game Room Challenges.. send me

a friend request..... I'd love to add more players to my in game

high score list.... i only have 4 or 5 people in the games i have so

far....

-rick

the $3 asking price is not so bad... it's like the price of a cup of

coffee... these are the games I grew up playing in the arcade.... :D

Heh i was just gonna type that I would send you a challenge request on Tutankham, but I see you beat me too it!!

I would be willing to get Crystal Castles as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh i was just gonna type that I would send you a challenge request on Tutankham, but I see you beat me too it!!

I would be willing to get Crystal Castles as well.

I was kinda interested in Crystal Castles too. Maybe the next time I buy points.

Also, I keep trying to get into Tutankahm, but I just can't. That game just annoys me! How is CC without the TrakBall?

I was kinda interested in Crystal Castles too. Maybe the next time I buy points.

Also, I keep trying to get into Tutankahm, but I just can't. That game just annoys me! How is CC without the TrakBall?

Tutankahm is hard as crap. Without altering time I can't get past the second level...not even close!!

CC controls really well on Live. I think maybe even better than with a trackball. I think it's easier with analog stick control.(It's been a long time since I played CC in an actual arcade though)

Tutankahm is hard as crap. Without altering time I can't get past the second level...not even close!!

CC controls really well on Live. I think maybe even better than with a trackball. I think it's easier with analog stick control.(It's been a long time since I played CC in an actual arcade though)

I'm not sure if i'm repeating this but, control layout "C" for Tutankahm works best.

left stick moves and right stick shoots left and right.... try it out... hope that helps.

-rick

I'm not sure if i'm repeating this but, control layout "C" for Tutankahm works best.

left stick moves and right stick shoots left and right.... try it out... hope that helps.

-rick

What would help out is if you weren't so dang good!! LOL

What is your strategy while playing. Do you just make bee-lines for the keys and end or do you try and get all the treasure and kill monsters...or both!!??

When you send me challenges, my time to complete challenge ends (even if I haven't been killed 3x's) and my score is like 7k to your 20k+

Maybe I just suck.

-rick

What would help out is if you weren't so dang good!! LOL

What is your strategy while playing. Do you just make bee-lines for the keys and end or do you try and get all the treasure and kill monsters...or both!!??

When you send me challenges, my time to complete challenge ends (even if I haven't been killed 3x's) and my score is like 7k to your 20k+

Maybe I just suck.

this coming from the guy with the 100,000+ gamescore! :D

i grab everything on the first level except for the very last treasure (the one over the exit)... i try to finish the level without using my flashbomb..

goto your friends leaderboards and you can watch a replay of my best play through.

really load up game room and watch some of the leaderboards replays...

the cool thing is you can stop/pause a replay at any point and send it as challenge

from that point on! it's crazy!!!

i want people to send me challenges!!!!

i also want river raid!! :D

really load up game room and watch some of the leaderboards replays...

You know this thought never even crossed my mind.

I do know I was never very good at the game. I can recall playing it in the arcades and never making it past the 2nd level. I loved it though. I was great at the 2600 version! LOL

One thing i don't like about the Atari games (Or at least on Adventure) is you only one slot for metals, and that's time spent playing. I would have rather there been 3 like the arcades games.

New Game Room titles have been announced and will be available on April 28th:

Super Breakout (Atari)

Pitfall! (Activision)

Megamania (Activision)

Night Stalker (Mattel Electronics)

Rack 'Em Up (Konami)

Realsports Volleyball (Atari)

Basketball (Atari)

Mendon

Basketball (Atari)

They think people have nostalgia for that POS? It's good to see some Activision games in there. Hopefully River Raid shows up eventually.

Edited by HammR25

Basketball (Atari)

They think people have nostalgia for that POS? It's good to see some Activision games in there. Hopefully River Raid shows up eventually.

i'm a little sad to see River Raid missing from the release list.

yes!!! someone else is excited for River Raid too! i'm hoping many AA members

get this game... many challenges for everyone!

-BTW... the severs seem to be rock solid now.... very good news..

-rick

I bought Asteroids Deluxe and Red Baron. I think it's actually the first time I've played either of those titles. I'm pretty sure I've played regular Asteroids and not Deluxe before. I don't know if I just suck at Asteroids Deluxe or what but for the life of me I cannot get the gold for survivalist. I think I've only hit 5 minutes once, this game kicks my ass.

I bought Asteroids Deluxe and Red Baron. I think it's actually the first time I've played either of those titles. I'm pretty sure I've played regular Asteroids and not Deluxe before. I don't know if I just suck at Asteroids Deluxe or what but for the life of me I cannot get the gold for survivalist. I think I've only hit 5 minutes once, this game kicks my ass.

Asteroids Deluxe is real freakin hard.... between the ufo's with super perfect aim

and the homing killer satellites... it's real hard! I'm still working on the 4minute

silver!

what's your gamertag? i'm always looking for new game room challenges..

rick

live gamertag: Zeptari