IGNORED

Why is my PS3 "on"?

DaytonaUSA

When I turn off my PS3.. it's off. All the noise, the blue and green lights.. all off. I was on my computer though and I hear a churning and a soft fan noise... what the hell? I go to my PS3, and the light above the HDD light is on. What is it doing? I never see this light on when it's off.. I never hear noise either!

I turned it on, and off again.. same results. Any help? Is this normal? Will it finally TURN OFF one day? lol

Ooooh yea I just set that up last night. Ok that makes sense, thanks! Btw I can't get my psp to connect. I have the right mac address and everything. Any goo steps to follow to get this to work? I've always wanted to be able to use this feature. Thanks.

Ooooh yea I just set that up last night. Ok that makes sense, thanks! Btw I can't get my psp to connect. I have the right mac address and everything. Any goo steps to follow to get this to work? I've always wanted to be able to use this feature. Thanks.

Does your PS3 turn on by itself when you try it? Either way I sometimes have trouble doing too from around the house. I usually use the "Connect from private network" option and then just keep trying. If you try it and it turns on, but it times out or doesn't connect then you can try it again. The PS3 will still be in that mode that will accept remote play from a PSP, so you can just keep trying without having to turn the system off as far as I know. Keep trying and hopefully you'll be able to get it, that's how I was able to. It lags some, but it's pretty cool watching Youtube videos on that screen and watching movies without having to convert them to PSP format. I hope they do more with it in the future.

For now, I turned off the remote start thing, because that was getting annoying. However, I have never actually gotten the PSP to play the PS3.. when the PS3 was on OR off, private network or internet connection. Am I doing something obviously wrong here?