IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

Uhh ok...???

My name is Kyle and I live in Arizona.. I'm a pilot for American Airlines based in DFW (yes indeed, the same EXACT state as Austin is located... what a co-ink-a-dink!). Used to have this game as a kid which is what drew me to Atari Age in the first place (after googling). My mom sold it at a church rummage sale in the late 80's or early 90's.

too late ... tanman started the hoax first :P

I'd just like to say real or fake, it's still a really cool box. If I had an Air Raid I'd like a repo copy of it!!

absolutely !!!! whatever will be revealed in the next days, the box is absofuckinlutely nice! :thumbsup:

edit: it looks exactly like that boxed game i had in the eighties and i stole it from a space ship while i was taken aboard the ship.

Edited by jahfish

Another thing is if you look at the close-up photos of the box, like the one in post 242, you can not only see the rosettes of the offset printing, but you can also see the trapping, which hardly anyone would know to replicate if making a fake. Even more convincing is that if you look at the O, N and ® at the end of Men-A-Vision on the top of the cover, over the rainbow, you can see that the black ink is printed on top of the other colors. This is how this type of a box would likely look if authentic. You could trap the rainbow into the solid black text with a rich black bump behind the text instead... but they wouldn't have been likely to have done that since this would have been made with real analog films, and due to the other quality cues seen on the box. A modern inkjet could simulate all of this good enough to fool a layman, especially in an internet photo like this, but hardly anyone is going to know to do all that. Also, look at the slight fading at the top of the blue on the rainbow.

If someone made this box as a hoax, my hat is off to them. They were unbelievably good and got all those little printing details right. In other words, as someone who spent a long long time in offset printing, now that I really look closely at those pics, I think this is real. Absolutely real, or the best box cloner the world has ever seen! I'm guessing the former.

• Like 3

If you're going to talk about "rare" carts, then talk about the REALLY rare ones, not relative commons like Air Raid and Atlantis 2 :D

PSH! I know! I had just pulled my Atlantis 2 that I used as a doorstop then had to rummage in my box of Air Raids to find my laptop to read the article too....

Wait, does that make all of us....CYBER BULLIES????

This is all a bit comical. LOL

What's funny is I mentioned that if I ever found a box for Air Raid, I'd pretty much be able to use the money from it to get all of the other carts I need for may collection and call it a done deal. I mentioned that two days. But tlak like that is the same as talking about winning the lottery, who you'd give money to, how much you'd spend on yourself, each family member... etc. Then this box shows up. Fake or not. I think it is fake, but that's my own opinion

edit: it looks exactly like that boxed game i had in the eighties and i stole it from a space ship while i was taken aboard the ship.

more memories come up ... i also remember how the aliens were all standing in front of the radar screen and tried to hold their controller with the red button to their lower left toward the screen.

:D

more memories come up ... i also remember how the aliens were all standing in front of the radar screen and tried to hold their controller with the red button to their lower left toward the screen.

Is that like the Jupiter version of the hokey pokey or something???

i'm gonna be harmed if i don't go to sleep now ... have fun kids ... ;)

it's april first here now! 2.45 am

Good night fish...sweet dreams..don't let them abduct you!!!!

No, no, let them abduct you! Maybe this time you can ask for a crate of Air Raids and maybe some Gauntlet carts too! Take an anal probe for all of us! DO IT FOR THE TEAM!!!