IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

Congratulations to all involved, and thanks to Albert for having Atariage.com around for us to all enjoy this event.

(thanks to Brandon as well for uploading the video - fun to see the final seconds!)

Very cool! Very fun!

I did find a crate of boxed Air Raids in my garage today, but I think I'll wait until next April 1st to put them on ebay. ;)

So if I read it right, he said now this will be his second and he's willing to sell one of them, so really all he wanted was the box. WOW, thats one expensive box. He also said that he is entertaining offers to sell one of his Air Raid games, so there you got Tanman, take off about 5k and if he accepts then you get to keep a rare game. Thats not a bad deal at all. By the way, Congrats....

Hello All,

Yes, it is I that won it. :) Thanks for the kind words. Since I won, I have an extra Air Raid available. I already received several inquiries on it. Please submit a formal bid for it if you are interested. I know the cart alone was at $4150 on ebay when it was pulled down to change the auction to a CIB one. If I do not get any acceptable offers, I will hold on to it.....not really in a rush to sell it. I am just making it available right now since several people have already asked me about it.

Please PM me with any questions. My cart is great condition, it is in better condition than the one in this auction so I will keep the better copy obviously. I will give it a week to entertain offers (I will make a decision next Saturday at 7:00 pm PDT if I will accept the highest offer or hold on to it...not sure yet.

Thanks,

- Wonder007

BTW: I also have an Atlantis 2 and Music Machine with instructions available if interested as well. :) Thanks for reading. :)

Congrats, man.

I have been following this auction from the beginning and the drama her on the AA forums.

Give it a good home.

WOW, just WOW!!!

Nearly 400 users have been on AtariAge in the last half hour - that's impressive, but what on earth happened on Tuesday November 14, 2006 that got 1941 users here simultaneously!?

I don't remember exactly, but I believe the forums were directly linked from a high profile site like Slashdot or Digg.

..Al

Wasn't that the Lord of the Rings 2600 proto hype?

Mitch

all that was watching, how many thought it was going to reach 30k or more?? or maybe thought it was going to pass the 40k that Stadium Events got?? I'll be honest, within the final mins, I thought around 20k, at the most, close to 22k. But what a big jump, from 17k to 30k. I thought looking at the hidden bids, we would of seen all the auto bids from 17k, through all the 20ks then the final price. WOW, I'm still shocked. Can't wait to see another one or maybe have another thread like this one. Really had fun reading all the posts and look forward to more to come.

Good night that is a ton of scratch! :o I told my wife about this. she would kill me if I spent that kind of money. I even had to explain to her that the game Air Raiders that I have sitting prominently on my shelf in not something I would spend $31,600 on!

Thirty one thousand dollars...plus we are needing postage money!

Thirty one thousand dollars...plus we are needing postage money!

If I could drop that kind of money on a game, I would go pick it up in person. Hell the cost of a plane ticket is nothing compared to that.

Congrats all around. This has been fun to watch.

My purpose in life is to archive as much Atari 2600 related items as possible for a Atari 2600 ONLY museum in the future. It is my opinion that the Atari 2600 put video gaming on the map....without the 2600 who knows where video gaming would be today. Moreover, the Air Raid box now adds validity to the background of Air Raid (how ironic that it is going back to its birthplace of Los Angeles, CA). I am glad that I got it and will take very, very good care of it.

• Like 7