IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

Still, as a lover of history, I do think it would be nice to keep the originals together, if only for their historical value and history. It's sort of like replacing the box of a game that was given to you by your deceased grandfather. Sure you could do it, and some may feel that the box isn't important, but others of us would never replace the box because of its history.

But that's Tanman's history, not the buyer's. And it obviously wasn't an important enough childhood memory to keep the game. It was remembered as a crappy game that none of his friends wanted. Before knowing its real value, he probably would have been happy to sell it for $100.

• Like 1

Its ironic that Wonder007 chose to sell Tanman's cart.

Yup.....the box was the home for this cart for nearly 30 years.............I could not do that......

As Lendorien said they should kept toether!

But it wasn't home to the cartridge for nearly 30 years. They were stored separately hence he didn't find the box until later. I mentioned this before, but that takes away some of the romanticism of the original cart and box.

• Like 1

Some people are taking this far too seriously, lol, and perhaps a few pairs of panties are in a twist. :ponder:

Miss 2600 has very valid points and I don't think it would even be 20 people that are truly upset Jah. I'd think more would be happier to be given the opportunity to experience everything first hand. It's Jose's money, Jose's cart & box, and his prerogative what he does with them imo. Though yes, there's always a critic or 3 in every crowd, lol. It's just sad when people seem too busy complaining to enjoy life and one of a kind experiences passing them by.

For me though, there's a difference between seemingly telling him what to do and turning it into some sort or overwrought debate vs/and opinions of what they would do in his position.

I think plenty of people would still bid quite a lot if they were back on the "open market" so to speak regardless because that's the only publicly known box. I'd be curious what the box alone would have sold for and wouldn't have been surprised if that given the same circumstances it wouldn't have gone for a comparable amt.

Besides, it hasn't been confirmed either way what was resold - and that would be between the buyer and seller. ;)

I am a nostalgic person and would love to see the original cart with its box. :) As a buisiness Person though, right now I know one person that will pay 31k for that box and a couple of people that would pay $3k for a nice loose air raid. So if you want to be technical it is worth more separate than together. A year down the line, who knows. HHW

As I said in my previous post, It's be nice to see them stay together, because the whole story of some guy finding it in his garage and selling it for 6200% of what he originally paid for it is a neat one. The box and cart are cool for their history as Atari relics, but Tanman's story really adds to them. Separating them weakens that neat and human interest aspect of their history.

But I can see both points of view on the matter. The value of the box is what it is, regardless of which cart is with it. And as Wonder is putting it in a museum, it makes sense to have the nicest cart and box on display.

Edited by Lendorien

I can't believe people are wasting their time arguing about this. :roll:

I can't believe you wasted time to post," I can't believe people are wasting their time arguing about this" :P

I can't believe you wasted time to post, "I can't believe you wasted time to post, 'I can't believe people are wasting their time arguing about this' :P ".

How long of a chain can we make? :lol:

• Like 1

But it wasn't home to the cartridge for nearly 30 years. They were stored separately hence he didn't find the box until later. I mentioned this before, but that takes away some of the romanticism of the original cart and box.

But they were just reunited, which makes it even sadder. Imagine not seeing your son for 30 years, then finally finding him. After a happy two weeks, he's gone again! :D

:D

I can't believe people are wasting their time arguing about this. :roll:

I can't believe you wasted time to post," I can't believe people are wasting their time arguing about this" :P

I can't believe you wasted time to post, "I can't believe you wasted time to post, 'I can't believe people are wasting their time arguing about this' :P ".

I can't understand why you wasted time to post, "I can't believe you wasted time to post, 'I can't believe you wasted time to post''I can't believe people are wasting their time arguing about this' :P ". :D

• Like 2