IGNORED

Up for MotoGP 09/10 online race?

The MilkMan

Avid racing fan here. Just got the new MotoGP 09/10 bike racing game. It offers online racing. Just wanted to throw it out and see if any others have it, and would want to hop on and race each other sometime.

I love bike racing (a very unpopular gaming genre) but Moto GP has always been insanely hard. Are the controls just as bad as ever in this version?

I love bike racing (a very unpopular gaming genre) but Moto GP has always been insanely hard. Are the controls just as bad as ever in this version?

I'd say it the controls are the same.

What can make it hard is if you drive the bike like a car. Or play the game like a kind of arcade style. You cant hold the throttle button, and rip thru corners. It just wont work. Its a balance of speed on straights, and slowing for corners.

Also, over correcting the steering is what I see happening alot with players too. The bike wants to go straight, and are very touchy on steering (flicking left and right). Too much causes you to go too severe left or right, and so you are constantly fighting to get it back on a straight line and under control.

To avoid this, brake on an upcoming corner. Slow down to a good entry speed.

Look for breaking markers on the track, numbers on cards 4 3 2 1. Or the red/white stripes on the edge of the track. They can give you info to let off the gas and coast to the upcoming corner. I use those as throttle on or off indicators myself. Even a graphic, banner, or part of the stands at a corner. Something you can always remember that when you pass it you know.. "there, now I need to start slowing down for this corner"

Initiate the corner. Once you see and feel the you are on a good line thru the corner (meaning your not going to run wide and shoot off the track. or to slow and start to go inside the track) start to accelerate thru the corner.

Once you can see your corner is about to be complete (straight away) let go of the control stick to let the bike stand up and go its straight line. If you come out of the corner a little to much left or right of the track, all it takes is minimal input on the stick to correct your line.

I think people are used to holding the stick all the way left or right to turn. You dont need to that with this. Its only a light tap or touch that is required to reposition the bike.

The only exception to holding the stick all the way left or right, is in the corner. All the way left or right in a corner helps keep you at max lean angle to get thru a corner.