World Record: 3,480,160

Leaderboard

1. 83,900 Dr Galaga

2. 31,680 rmaerz

3. 21,550 darthkur

4. 19,330 roadrunner

Pac-Man Speedup

Game Information

Game Name: Pac-Man (Midway with Speedup Hack)

Released By: Namco, 1987

MAME ROMset: pacmanf

Dip Switches: Default

Chosen By: rmaerz

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/6907

World Record: n/a

Leaderboard

1. 202,390 Dr Galaga

2. 172,650 rmaerz

3. 106,460 darthkur

4. 64,390 roadrunner

Hangly-Man

Game Information

Game Name: Hangly-Man (set 1)

Released By: Nittoh, 1981

MAME ROMset: hangly

Dip Switches: Default

Chosen By: rmaerz

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/1958

World Record: 614,270

Leaderboard

1. 100,340 Dr Galaga

2. 30,490 darthkur

3. 18,240 rmaerz

4. 13,620 roadrunner

post-22552-127015860224_thumb.gif

Edited by rmaerz

For Pac Mania what skill do we start on? easy, medium, or hard

Slighty off topic, is the ROM for Baby Pac Man available?

I looked on a couple different sites and i didn't see it.

For Pac-Mania select any skill level you want.

Baby Pac-Man was a pinball/video hybrid so therefore no ROM is available for that one.

So, we only have three total participants in this tourney so far with under 48 hrs to go. I would suspect that at least one more player will be submitting scores before it's over. And Darthkur's lead is going to get slimmer if he doesn't at least boot up each ROM into auto-pilot just to put in a score.

But, I still am having fun with this regardless of the low turnout. I think the HSC works best when players submit their scores "as they go" instead of submitting in the 11th hour. That way, it challenges other players to bump up their scores.

Maybe someone can fill me in as to why the Arcade/MAME HSC has such low participation? It's unfortunate, really, that not more on AA are playing the roots and opting for the inferior ports to home console.

Also, I think it would be cool if players post their thoughts on the games and their game play at the end of each HSC.

Comments?

But, I still am having fun with this regardless of the low turnout. I think the HSC works best when players submit their scores "as they go" instead of submitting in the 11th hour. That way, it challenges other players to bump up their scores.

+1 :thumbsup:

Maybe someone can fill me in as to why the Arcade/MAME HSC has such low participation? It's unfortunate, really, that not more on AA are playing the roots and opting for the inferior ports to home console.

I only submit scores that I play on real arcade games...so I am kind of limited. I don't care for MAME, but I don't want to start a debate on good vs. bad :ponder: :cool:

I had fun taking part in this bonus round. :)

It would have been cool if we had a few more players join us in playing these great classic games. :)

I did as well...I hope everyone that did participate cast a vote for the Memorial Day tourney cuz we'll have another then (that is if I'm still running the HSC)

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I have that ROM somewhere. The actual problem is, how do you emulate the machine?

Well, someone took care of that. The thing is called "Visual PinMAME" and basically combines MAME with "Visual Pinball" which is a modern version of "Pinball Construction Set". Many arcade tables have been converted to Visual PinMAME running their original ROM's and simulating the pinball action, including Baby Pac-Man which I've already played in its emulated/simulated form some years ago.

Look here: http://pinmame.retrogames.com/shots.html

Actually I can remember that a Baby Pac-Man machine was put up here in Vienna around 1982-1983, but I saw it as an overpriced rip-off. Back then, the usual game price for standard machines was 5 ATS, and 10 ATS for the top ones like Dragon's Lair or Pole Position when they came out. On pinball machines, you usually got 2 games with 3 or 5 balls each for 5 ATS. Well, for Baby Pac Man they had a game price of 10 ATS for one game with 3 balls, and for that you got a pinball table which wasn't a full-size table and a video game with inferior graphics to the original (they used a TMS9918 video chip for it, which obviously has a lower resolution and inferior color depth compared to the original Pac-Man hardware).

For Pac Mania what skill do we start on? easy, medium, or hard

Slighty off topic, is the ROM for Baby Pac Man available?

I looked on a couple different sites and i didn't see it.

For Pac-Mania select any skill level you want.

Baby Pac-Man was a pinball/video hybrid so therefore no ROM is available for that one.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I have that ROM somewhere. The actual problem is, how do you emulate the machine?

Well, someone took care of that. The thing is called "Visual PinMAME" and basically combines MAME with "Visual Pinball" which is a modern version of "Pinball Construction Set". Many arcade tables have been converted to Visual PinMAME running their original ROM's and simulating the pinball action, including Baby Pac-Man which I've already played in its emulated/simulated form some years ago.

Look here: http://pinmame.retrogames.com/shots.html

Actually I can remember that a Baby Pac-Man machine was put up here in Vienna around 1982-1983, but I saw it as an overpriced rip-off. Back then, the usual game price for standard machines was 5 ATS, and 10 ATS for the top ones like Dragon's Lair or Pole Position when they came out. On pinball machines, you usually got 2 games with 3 or 5 balls each for 5 ATS. Well, for Baby Pac Man they had a game price of 10 ATS for one game with 3 balls, and for that you got a pinball table which wasn't a full-size table and a video game with inferior graphics to the original (they used a TMS9918 video chip for it, which obviously has a lower resolution and inferior color depth compared to the original Pac-Man hardware).

Thanks for the info about PinMAME. Now i just need to find some ROMs and sound samples to see if i can figure out how to use that emulator. :)