IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Game 7: Zone Ranger

Yes, I know of pretzels and I've eaten Shreddies before... but I don't quite get the "touch the thing that bothers you" part. You mean, run into the enemy attacker? Won't you blow up when you do that? I've gone into the maze many times, collected the dots, but never "touched the thing that bothers me".

Yes, I know of pretzels and I've eaten Shreddies before... but I don't quite get the "touch the thing that bothers you" part. You mean, run into the enemy attacker? Won't you blow up when you do that? I've gone into the maze many times, collected the dots, but never "touched the thing that bothers me".

ok you made me read the instructions again... yesish after you leave the inside bit let skyway patrol that chases you touch you, this just sounds bad now... I'm going to stop typing and definitely not mention the warp hole :ponder:

mini table

1st therealbountybob 24,665 (Lv13) 12pts

2nd deteacher 17,607 11pts (10)

3rd bluecat 10,559* (3) 10pts

4rd Mr.Amiga500 9,309 (8) 9pts

5th Cebus Capucinis 8,224 (7) 8pts

6th Preppie!! 7,784 (7) 7pts

7th roadrunner 7,693 (7) 6pts

8th atariksi 7,525 (7) 5pts

*Includes 7,500 for those not taking the warp hole on level 1 to get to level 7 and gain 7,500 flat score

April Bonus Tourney and voting for next game open ;)

Oh good - I'm still cool. 8) (...or is that blind?)

I didn't know about that 7500 bonus you're giving out. I got over 4000, but didn't note the score because it was under my previous high.

I better get back to ranging that zone.

I lost my coolness when I made it to level 13 but the 12pts will compensate for that nicely he he hee... unless :ponder:

Hi rr, did you see my comments above, if you don't take the warp hole (box thing) on level 1 and play through a few levels you may score a few thousand and I'll add the 7,500 to your score - this way you can get more HSC points (see bluecat in table) ;)

Well half way though April and only 6 people have posted scores in the

'Best of Basic Bounus Tourney' :sleep: c'mon guys you know it makes sense :P

Vote for next game too!

I used the warp hole to boost my score. :(

I was so happy when I found the level 7 warp then I read these messages. :_(

So can someone give some pointers to improve my embarrassing score?

752 :-o

The game is much easier to play through the early levels, fly along and shoot the satellites whilst looking for the super portal (square). Enter this as soon as you can and collect all the dots(?) the fly into the red box to exit. Then touch the Skyway Patrol who comes after you and he'll go off and disable more satellites (the screen flashes for each one he does) and with luck you will complete the level pretty quickly and get a bonus!

Every 3rd level is a bonus level so don't crash and shoot all the satellites you can make over 1000pts here. To shoot satellites fly along fast and tap the stick to face them keeping fire held down. I like to go vertically and tap left or right. Collect the Sonic Sparklers (apart from when you are entering the Super Portal) and just fly through the satellites taking them out (as you are invincible while it lasts). Playing this way you can gain more extra men on the early levels and enjoy the game more.

The author says "Seventh Dimension: Enter at own risk. Sure you'll get more points. But you wont last as long"

I'm extending the deadline until Sunday 10am GMT (and going to stick to Sunday morning for game/vote finishing from now on)

Have fun :)

mini table

2nd deteacher 17,607 (10) 11pts

3rd Mr.Amiga500 11,751* (4?) 10pts

4th bluecat 10,559* (3) 9pts

5th goochman 9,445* (2) 8pts

6th a8isa1 8,252 (7) 7pts

7th Cebus Capucinis 8,224 (7) 6pts

8th roadrunner 7,825 (7) 5pts

9th Preppie!! 7,784 (7) 4pts

10th atariksi 7,525 (7) 3pts

*Includes 7,500 for not taking the 7th Dimension Warp on level 1

April Bonus Tourney & voting for next clasic game still open ;)

7648... without the warp.

I was disturbed when I saw I died on level 7. I can imagine you guys thinking, "Yeah, he took the warp... the lousy cheat!"

I swear I didn't take the warp - and I'll testify to that in a court of law. :D

:jango: I don't know what this emoticon is but it feels kinda appropriate :D You know you're not geting another 7,500 added as you beat 7,500 :P or are you, hmm now I need to check with the rules panel :ponder:

p.s. I know a canadian state prosecutor (for real), remind me what region are you in ;)

Bonus Tourney Table Updated

I was disturbed when I saw I died on level 7. I can imagine you guys thinking, "Yeah, he took the warp... the lousy cheat!"

:jango: I don't know what this emoticon is but it feels kinda appropriate :D You know you're not geting another 7,500 added as you beat 7,500 :P or are you, hmm now I need to check with the rules panel :ponder:

So... you're saying if I deliberately killed myself when I got to 7499, I would now have 14,999 - but because I survived a bit longer I end up with 7648? Yeah, that's fair.

:razz: I don't know what this emoticon is, but it feels kinda appropriate. :razz: ;)

Edited by Mr.Amiga500

So... you're saying if I deliberately killed myself when I got to 7499, I would now have 14,999 - but because I survived a bit longer I end up with 7648? Yeah, that's fair.

:razz: I don't know what this emoticon is, but it feels kinda appropriate. :razz: ;)

Are you thinking of the FSC (fair score contest?)...let's just say you're currently a shoe in for third... might have to add 7,500 to mine and deteacher's scores if things get tricky :ponder:

p.s. I know a canadian state prosecutor (for real), remind me what region are you in ;)

You must not know him very well. Canada doesn't have "state prosecutors". (..could be because Canada doesn't have "states" - we've got "provinces" here... which are similar to states, but way better ;) )

Here's a quote from Wikipedia if you don't believe me: "In Canada, public prosecutors in most provinces are called Crown Attorney or Crown Counsel." So you tell your fake "canadian state prosecutor" friend that the game is up and if he shows his face in my neighbourhood, I'll run him out of town like a common pygmy.

5,628 level 4

I finally figured out how to play this game. :)

Don't get too high a score! With the bizarro scoring for this game, your score puts you into 3rd - above me - even though I got 2000 points more than you. If you beat my score, you'll drop to 9th... unless you can get another 5000 points on top of that, which will put you back into 3rd... where you already are now. ;)

Edited by Mr.Amiga500

Kudos to you flying aces who can break 10K.

This is as good as it gets(for me) in this insanely hard game:

8,082(with warp)

post-21471-127157518298_thumb.jpg

The game is only insanely hard if you take the warp and start on level 7, you miss out on two bonus rounds 3 & 6, where there is nothing much to kill you :!:

Sorry folks, I've won another game, think deteacher could have kicked my butt if he had the time ;) I really liked this game, not played it much, would be interesting to see the inside complex on much higher levels where everything was active, this would make a good game in itself - I wonder if there is a hacked copy where you can start on higher levels? While playing I had this idea for a game that you could have ball bouncing around in there a la the excellent rubber ball but with the scrolling it might be difficult to code :ponder:

Final Table

3rd Mr.Amiga500 15,148* (7) 10pts

4th roadrunner 13,128* (4) 9pts

5th mapa 12,360* (5) 8pts

6th bluecat 10,559* (3) 7pts

7th goochman 9,445* (2) 6pts

8th a8isa1 8,252 (7) 5pts

9th Cebus Capucinis 8,224 (7) 4pts

10th atariron82 8,082 (7) 3pts

11th Preppie!! 7,784 (7) 1pt

12th atariksi 7,525 (7) 1pt

*Includes 7,500 for not taking the 7th Dimension Warp. Any corrections please post.

We need a casting vote in the next game, if you've not voted please do so :!:

Lots of HSC points to be made in the April Bonus Tourney :)

Kudos to you flying aces who can break 10K.

This is as good as it gets(for me) in this insanely hard game:

8,082(with warp)

post-21471-127157518298_thumb.jpg

The game is only insanely hard if you take the warp and start on level 7, you miss out on two bonus rounds 3 & 6, where there is nothing much to kill you :!:

Sorry folks, I've won another game, think deteacher could have kicked my butt if he had the time ;) I really liked this game, not played it much, would be interesting to see the inside complex on much higher levels where everything was active, this would make a good game in itself - I wonder if there is a hacked copy where you can start on higher levels? While playing I had this idea for a game that you could have ball bouncing around in there a la the excellent rubber ball but with the scrolling it might be difficult to code :ponder:

Final Table

3rd Mr.Amiga500 15,148* (7) 10pts

4th roadrunner 13,128* (4) 9pts

5th mapa 12,360* (5) 8pts

6th bluecat 10,559* (3) 7pts

7th goochman 9,445* (2) 6pts

8th a8isa1 8,252 (7) 5pts

9th Cebus Capucinis 8,224 (7) 4pts

10th atariron82 8,082 (7) 3pts

11th Preppie!! 7,784 (7) 1pt

12th atariksi 7,525 (7) 1pt

*Includes 7,500 for not taking the 7th Dimension Warp. Any corrections please post.

We need a casting vote in the next game, if you've not voted please do so :!:

Lots of HSC points to be made in the April Bonus Tourney :)

I never really got around to actually playing that Zone Ranger game. I just booted up once and in a few seconds ended up in that warp 7 black hole. But I will play pac-man as that's one of those classics (assuming that's the next game).