IGNORED

Wanted: EG - "Astrocade Underground" Article

ballyalley

There is a letter in the November 1982 issue of Electronic Games magazine that mentions that there will be an article coming up in the January 1983 issue called "The Astrocade Underground." Here is a link to the letter on BallyAlley.com:

Letter in November 1982, Electronic Games

Does anyone have a link to an archive of Electronic Games? If not, could someone scan in this article from an issue that they own? I'm NOT sure that the article is actually in the January 1983 issue, as I recall that some years ago I checked this issue, but perhaps I'm mistaken. However, I DO know that the article WAS published... if not in the January issue, then perhaps a little later.

If anyone can help, then that would be great. Thanks.

Adam

Have you tried this?

http://www.retromags.com/forums/index.php?

Retro Mags has a lot of old magazines, including Electronic Games. Right now, I'm trying to find a personal favorite of mine, Electronic Fun with Video Games and Computers. It seems pretty obscure but I'm not giving up the fight just yet!

, I'm trying to find a personal favorite of mine, Electronic Fun with Video Games and Computers. It seems pretty obscure but I'm not giving up the fight just yet!

I've got a couple of those mags, and I scan for retromags occasionally ( I did the EGM Fabio issue, and Electronic Game Player scans).

My big issue is time.. it aint easy scanning those things nor is it fast :P But I'll see if I can't eventually scan a couple of Electronic Fun w/ VG&C's sometime in the future for ya.

Hmm... with a little Google research, I discovered that the article seems to have jumped to another magazine: Joystik. Does anyone have the September 1983 issue of Joystik magazine. I found a place that has an archive of all issues here:

Joystik Magazone Archive

When I download the Sept. 1983 I discovered that it is not complete. Of course, it is missing the pages that I'm looking for. However, the index DOES say that the article is in this issue.

Adam

Hmm... with a little Google research, I discovered that the article seems to have jumped to another magazine: Joystik. Does anyone have the September 1983 issue of Joystik magazine. I found a place that has an archive of all issues here:

Joystik Magazone Archive

When I download the Sept. 1983 I discovered that it is not complete. Of course, it is missing the pages that I'm looking for. However, the index DOES say that the article is in this issue.

Adam

Those scans from DLH (his online nickname) have been around what seems like 15 years now. He left out anything that didnt have to do with arcade games. Get it from the digitpress http://www.digitpress.com/library/magazines/joystik/joystik.htm

Thanks for the link to the Digital Press archive. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the issue that I was seeking... BUT I contacted the person that has the JoyStik archive and he has scanned the entire issue of all but two of the magazines. He pointed me to the issue I needed! I extracted the pages that I was seeking and posted the article on Bally Alley here:

"Astrocade's Underground" by Danny Goodman (Joystik)(Sept. 1983)

If you're at all interested in the Astrocade, then this is a pretty good article. It's NOT aimed at introducing the Astrocade to a potential buyer (like so many of these types of articles usually are), but is instead aimed at people who are still using the Astrocade but have nowhere to turn to for software. A good read!

Adam