IGNORED

Vectrex and Shopgoodwill.com

vrocko

I don't have a Vectrex but those lucky enough to have one might want to check this out. Shopgoodwill.com has two auctions of Vectrex games. The links are below.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6051131

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6051144

They're from the Akron, OH Goodwill which is part of the reason I zeroed in on them since I live in Lordstown.

Looks like they're in pretty good condition too.

Rich

Yes, thank you. I take it akator that you won the other lot of games? :D

No, I won the boxed Vectrex with 2 controllers. I have a loose system with dozen games and a multicart, so my wife drew the line and told me I could only get the console. Those games looked great, though...

• 2 weeks later...

Got my boxed Vectrex today from Goodwill... and WOW!

It was shipped FedEx Ground and packed amazingly in two trash bags worth of peanuts. The box was wrapped in bubble wrap, as well as the stuff inside the box (as though the original Styrofoam packing wasn't enough). The system and 2 controllers are immaculate, as though never used. When I plugged it in, I was shocked at how new even the screen looked. I don't think this system ever saw more than a few hours of use.

I've never bought from Goodwill online before, and my local experiences have always been less than ideal. I'm really happy I took the chance on this one, especially since I've never had a chance to get a boxed mint Vectrex for $222... ever :D

Got my boxed Vectrex today from Goodwill... and WOW!

It was shipped FedEx Ground and packed amazingly in two trash bags worth of peanuts. The box was wrapped in bubble wrap, as well as the stuff inside the box (as though the original Styrofoam packing wasn't enough). The system and 2 controllers are immaculate, as though never used. When I plugged it in, I was shocked at how new even the screen looked. I don't think this system ever saw more than a few hours of use.

I've never bought from Goodwill online before, and my local experiences have always been less than ideal. I'm really happy I took the chance on this one, especially since I've never had a chance to get a boxed mint Vectrex for $222... ever :D

Wow akator I'm glad you got the Vectrex. I've got games from Shopgoodwill.com for my Intellivision and they were immaculate too. One was still even shrinkwrapped. Goodwill does a fairly good job from my experiences with them. I know there are times I see stuff there that just blows me away. The Vectrex and games was one of those times. Enjoy it!

Wow akator I'm glad you got the Vectrex. I've got games from Shopgoodwill.com for my Intellivision and they were immaculate too. One was still even shrinkwrapped. Goodwill does a fairly good job from my experiences with them. I know there are times I see stuff there that just blows me away. The Vectrex and games was one of those times. Enjoy it!

You must seriously have the best Goodwill ever, far better than any I've seen in VA. The best I ever found at a Richmond store was a few highly-scratched PlayStation games and common beat-up NES carts for $4 each. They had a "boutique" shop where they sold the nicer items, but every time I went there only a few beat-up CRT iMacs and PCs were available for $60-100. Since we moved in December to the mountains, the local Goodwills are even more sparse.

A lot of the systems I've seen on the shopgoodwill.com site in the past worried me because they were all untested and as is, and I've already had enough failures buying things like that from eBay. This auction was different, though, they managed to power the system on and verify it to be working. I will definitely pay closer attention to future auctions from the Goodwill in Acron, Ohio ;)