IGNORED

Let's plan how we are going to organize the NES HSC from now on...

CGQuarterly

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the "season" format with aggregating scores?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you rather ditch the current format and just go week-to-week?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How many weeks would you prefer to spend playing each game?

• 1 month

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This season we're playing 1 game from each year that the NES was active in the US. Next season is going to be a top-10 most wanted sort of thing.

The way this is going to work is that you can post a list of up to 10 games, in order based on how much you would like to play them in the HSC. Your top game will be assigned 10 points, the second 9, and so on down to the 10th game. You can post less than 10 games, and they will still be awarded points counting down from 10, but if you post more than 10 the extras will be ignored. Right before the season starts I will tabulate everything, the top 10 point-getters will be randomized, and we will start the season.

Remember, this is a top 10 list for the HSC, not your 10 favorite games. Games that do not use a scoring system can not be used, and games like SMB3 that need nebulous rules in order to be used should be avoided. (I learned that the hard way.) It should be a list of the top 10 games that you think would be the most fun to compete over in our HSC.

Feel free to spice up your list by making a case for each game. You might just persuade subsequent posters to add some of your games to their list!

Good luck,

Chris

Edited by Jibbajaba

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon guys, 9 days and one response? I'm doing this Players' Choice deal in order to get people more interested in participating, but if I don't get some feedback or see some interest in this then I'm not going to do another season. Sorry if that sounds crabby, but I feel like I'm spinning my wheels over here.

Chris

Heres my list of 10 potential competition games. I have only played 2 of these on NES, a few others are familar from other platforms, and the rest are making up the numbers!

1. Lifeforce

2. Abadox

3. Zanac

4. Galaga

5. Gradius II

6. Crisis Force

7. Pac Man

8. Defender 2

9. Millipede

10.Contra

In no particular order:

Pinball

Qix

Bomberman

Spot (great spin on Othello)

Contra

Kung Fu

Tetris

RC Pro-Am

Top Gun

Breakthru

And just to get my 2 cents in ;)

Any arcade translation game is good on the NES as well - Donkey Kong, Elevator Action, Mario Bros, 1942, etc...

Did you guys read the OP?

The way this is going to work is that you can post a list of up to 10 games, in order based on how much you would like to play them in the HSC. Your top game will be assigned 10 points, the second 9, and so on down to the 10th game. You can post less than 10 games, and they will still be awarded points counting down from 10, but if you post more than 10 the extras will be ignored. Right before the season starts I will tabulate everything, the top 10 point-getters will be randomized, and we will start the season.

If you guys want to do more than 10 games next season then that's fine, but your lists need to be in order of preference for this to work.

Thanks!

Chris

Did you guys read the OP?

If you guys want to do more than 10 games next season then that's fine, but your lists need to be in order of preference for this to work.

Thanks!

Chris

Woops. Apparently I did not, indeed, read the specifics. Sorry about that. :ponder:

1 - Crazy Climber

2 - Elevator Action

3 - Mappy

4 - Snake Rattle 'n' Roll

5 - Gradius II

6 - Gunsmoke

7 - Lifeforce

8 - Star Force

9 -Adventure Island

10 - Chack 'n' Pop

Extra's:

Ice Climber

Galaxian

Mario Bros.

Bubble Bobble

Bart vs. The Space Mutants

Smash TV

Trog

Qix

Exerion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I, too, would be interested in Tetris. I had to skip most of this season because I didn't have most of the games. Maybe if we had more common games, more people would join in. But we forgot about 1994, though. Guess the only thing that had a score and released that year would be Wario's Woods?

Yeah, I was planning on doing Wario's Woods, but it doesn't seem to have a score... Maybe I'm wrong. I've been busy this week so I haven't had time to look into it further, but the games for 1994 are all pretty sub-par so I was thinking about just calling it a day for this season and getting the next one started. Not enought people really responded to this thread for me to use that system, though. I agree that we should do Tetris, though.

I wonder how many other people sat out rounds because they didn't have a copy of the game. I can understand people not wanting to use emulation because I'm the same way but there is no way to pick games that everyone has. Maybe for the next season we should do nothing but games that are extremely common while still being awesome...

Thoughts?

Chris

Yeah, I was planning on doing Wario's Woods, but it doesn't seem to have a score... Maybe I'm wrong. I've been busy this week so I haven't had time to look into it further, but the games for 1994 are all pretty sub-par so I was thinking about just calling it a day for this season and getting the next one started. Not enought people really responded to this thread for me to use that system, though. I agree that we should do Tetris, though.

I wonder how many other people sat out rounds because they didn't have a copy of the game. I can understand people not wanting to use emulation because I'm the same way but there is no way to pick games that everyone has. Maybe for the next season we should do nothing but games that are extremely common while still being awesome...

Thoughts?

Chris

Yoshi's Cookie

SMB

Duck hunt

And maybe some Defender II

but first, Tetris

Edited by Tr3vor

Alright, what I am going to do is come up with a proposed list of games, and then we can sort of round-table it, make changes, and come up with a final list. This way everyone will know all of the games ahead of time and can try to procure the games that they don't already own, if they so desire. Does that sound cool?

Chris

Alright, what I am going to do is come up with a proposed list of games, and then we can sort of round-table it, make changes, and come up with a final list. This way everyone will know all of the games ahead of time and can try to procure the games that they don't already own, if they so desire. Does that sound cool?

Chris

Sounds good to me, as long as Tetris is first.

Chris

:cool: