IGNORED

Atari 8-bit Ethernet and Contiki - Want your help!

Cybernoid

Be careful, I'd limit purchase quanity to one. Why would you need more than that?

Well, if you do code a network game/app you might want to test it? :)

Further, i guess that my coding-buddy OSon would get one, too. Why shouldn't I order both and save shipping cost?

However, I totally understand where you are comming from. "Recently" the OpenPandora-Team wnated to limit the maximum to two Pandoras per order. But some of the preorderes orderd 5 and sold 4 on eBay fro over $1000 :)

i am really curious what kind of games are possible. At least turn-based stuff. Simultaneous multi-player is out of the question. We will see...

@Developers:

We have two of these IP-dragon chips lying around as we wanted to build these cards ourselves (but failed). So, if you can keep in mind to offer a board without this chip it would be appreciated. Or we send the chips your way. have to discuss this with OSon.

i preffer minimal code.. - BODY, P tags only, /BODY :) html 4.1 ?

There exists a system named "CGS" (Color Graphics System). It's a real long time ago I used it but it supports color and graphics when used with the right terminal on A8. My BBS also supports it, however it's not configured (just spits out ATASCII now)

Be careful, I'd limit purchase quanity to one. Why would you need more than that? (to resell, or hold onto for later reselling). :)

If you sell at $25 I can see it now, I'll take 5 please.

Yea, If it's ok with everyone, What I would like to do is to limit purchase to one for non- developers and two (if they think they need multiples) for folks who plan on doing development.

What about for Twitter posting?

The real pain with things like Twitter is that everything's moving over to OAUTH authentication rather than username/password, which requires SSL/TLS. I'm guessing the ip65 implementation doesn't provide this.

Cheers,

Simon

i start optimizing code in my web page :) from 90kb to 18kb for atari browsing.. but its no good..

we need some a8 browser, which can be detected by JS/AJAX or other technology and that JS/AJAX switch www page to pure text with P tags (2kb..)

post-23051-0-81643600-1340732574_thumb.png

Edited by w1k

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Continuing this : http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/200312-atari-ethernet-cartridge-accepting-orders/page__st__100#entry2567311

I've connected the computer directly to the router. The same result. Requesting IP forever, and when I press ctrl+C, the computer locks up with a black screen.

Is there any utility I can use for testing?

Continuing this : http://www.atariage....00#entry2567311

I've connected the computer directly to the router. The same result. Requesting IP forever, and when I press ctrl+C, the computer locks up with a black screen.

Is there any utility I can use for testing?

Hmmm. OK, did you try downloading the contiki files with a static IP and see if any of the apps work that way? you can create your own config file to match your IP scheme and download the ATRs here:

http://contiki.cbm8bit.com/

A couple other things:

What Atari computer are you using? is it a stock machine?

Do you have more than one Atari computer to test with?

When you insert the Cart, the label should up or towards you. Being it's not a stock cart shell, there is no guides to keep you from inserting it backwards. That won't break anything, but obviously the cartridge won't work unless it is in the computer the correct way.

I don't have a diagnostic utility, but Dan Winslow might have something. Try sending him a PM. I will as well.

HI folks....MArk, I think I sent you some ATR's with the binaries on them....have you tried any of those? I don't specifically have a 'diagnostic' but they all check for the cart existance. Look for the newest atr I sent that has the DHCP.COM,PING.COM or TEST.COM on it. Let me know if you can't find it or if they don't work.

Edited by danwinslow

HI folks....MArk, I think I sent you some ATR's with the binaries on them....have you tried any of those? I don't specifically have a 'diagnostic' but they all check for the cart existance. Look for the newest atr I sent that has the DHCP.COM,PING.COM or TEST.COM on it. Let me know if you can't find it or if they don't work.

I forgot about that. here is the image. Booting the image and running DCHP.COM (at the prompt) should check to see if the cart is plugged in and get an address. Then, run TEST.COM, let it sit there and go to another PC on the network and ping the Ethernet Cart.

Dragon Cart Test.atr

I forgot about that. here is the image. Booting the image and running DCHP.COM (at the prompt) should check to see if the cart is plugged in and get an address. Then, run TEST.COM, let it sit there and go to another PC on the network and ping the Ethernet Cart.

Dragon Cart Test.atr

Went through all the steps, and it works now. Also works with contiki.atr. Don't know what was the problem. Thanks all for your support !!!!

• 1 month later...