IGNORED

HSC Season 2 Week 36: Mario Bros.

Mario Bros.

Turtles, crabs, and flies come pouring out of the waterworks. Hit the floor beneath them to flip them over, then kick them into the water. Collect coins for bonus points.

Game Information

Game Name: Mario Bros. (US)

Released By: Nintendo, 1983

MAME ROMset: mario

Dip Switches: Difficulty: Medium; Lives: 3; Bonus Life: 20,000

Chosen By: rmaerz

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/6788

Twin Galaxies World Record: 1,484,760

Extra time this week because of the TooManyGames Expo...

Competition ends Sunday, April 18 @ 9PM EST

Leaderboard

1. 208,700 mightymage

2. 127,720 retrorussell

3. 85,940 roadrunner

4. 76,220 darthkur

5. 46,870 rmaerz

6. 39,360 LarcenTyler

Season Standings

Calculations through week 35 & Easter Tourney

1. darthkur 370

2. roadrunner 339

3. aftermac 177

3. rmaerz 177

5. retrorussel 126

6. LarcenTyler 103

7. Dr Galaga 64

8. Mister VCS 50

9. SpiceWare 44

10. Fallout_002 38

11. Kurt_Woloch 36

12. Shannon 33

13. MaximRecoil 21

14. 4Ks 19

15. rsiddall 11

15. Zoyx 11

17. joeypsp 10

18. maximebeauvis 9

19. HatNJ 8

20. Gamemaster_ca_2003 6

post-22552-127100542708_thumb.jpg

post-22552-127100543737_thumb.jpg

post-22552-1271005447_thumb.png

Edited by rmaerz

43,050 to kick things off...

I can do better than that...

For the record, if you're wondering why I don't do screen prints all the time it's because I play a lot of these games on my arcade cabinet and it gets to be a pain in the butt to take pix, copy to my computer, resize and upload. Others, like Crystal Castles, I'll play using my computer which makes screen prints painless.

I know they're not required anyway, but just an FYI.

I need US Revision F for my version of MAME. Can anyone help me?

planetemu.net

Click on MAME on the right, then on the next screen click MAME (CHD & Samples excluded), then on the M tab above (for Mario Bros.) and that'll take you to the F revision. I just picked it up today.

post-22655-127103678256_thumb.png

Hey folks, I can accept the fact that I suck at any given game. But, I want to confirm that with these scores that are being turned that they are using these settings:

I'm just asking because if the settings are correct than mightymage and retrorussell just took 2nd and 3rd place on the Twin Galaxies scoreboard, respectively...

Hey folks, I can accept the fact that I suck at any given game. But, I want to confirm that with these scores that are being turned that they are using these settings:

I'm just asking because if the settings are correct than mightymage and retrorussell just took 2nd and 3rd place on the Twin Galaxies scoreboard, respectively...

The first time I didn't even check to see the dipswitch settings. Oops! I noticed that it was set at 'easy' but the lives/bonus were correct. Played again on 'medium' setting and got a new high score! How 'bout that?

post-22655-127131630193_thumb.png

The first time I didn't even check to see the dipswitch settings. Oops! I noticed that it was set at 'easy' but the lives/bonus were correct. Played again on 'medium' setting and got a new high score! How 'bout that?

:thumbsup:

If you're running this in MAME you should record it and submit it to TG. That's why I sync up our settings with TG.

Congrats :)

:thumbsup:

If you're running this in MAME you should record it and submit it to TG. That's why I sync up our settings with TG.

Congrats :)

Hmm.. it says on TG:

NOTE: In MAME 1.06 the dip switches are backwards for MEDIUM & HARD. MEDIUM is actually HARD and HARD is actually MEDIUM. Please set your dip switches to HARD as this will be the tracking for MEDIUM difficulty.

I've played both hard and medium settings on my version of MAME which is MAMEUI137. Medium is definitely Medium and Hard is definitely Hard. I guess they could just look at the gameplay in the video and determine that themselves.

Hmm.. it says on TG:

NOTE: In MAME 1.06 the dip switches are backwards for MEDIUM & HARD. MEDIUM is actually HARD and HARD is actually MEDIUM. Please set your dip switches to HARD as this will be the tracking for MEDIUM difficulty.

I've played both hard and medium settings on my version of MAME which is MAMEUI137. Medium is definitely Medium and Hard is definitely Hard. I guess they could just look at the gameplay in the video and determine that themselves.

I saw that but since I play Mario on a cabinet running MAME32 0.90u1 I didn't bother checking to see if medium and hard were switched. I have been cussing a lot though and it is tougher than the cabinet I played at Richie Knucklez for the CAGDC tourney where you had to score 50K to qualify.

I will switch it tonight to "hard" and see if they are reversed in the version I'm running as well.

I was hoping to join the competition this week. I was in Vegas for a trade show, and went to the Pinball Hall of Fame where they have a Mario Bros. Unfortunately the top of the screen was cut off where the score is and it was on the difficult setting. I found a Namco DK/DK Jr./MB at the hotel, but it was the complete opposite - easy plus you started with 4 lives!

I was hoping to join the competition this week. I was in Vegas for a trade show, and went to the Pinball Hall of Fame where they have a Mario Bros. Unfortunately the top of the screen was cut off where the score is and it was on the difficult setting. I found a Namco DK/DK Jr./MB at the hotel, but it was the complete opposite - easy plus you started with 4 lives!

Check this out

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/pindan/museum.htm

I plan on going this summer to check it out...