IGNORED

Cartridge storage

Dastari Creel

Now that I have Atari games and I'm building my collection, how should I store it? All my NES games are encased in hard plastic shells that are fairly dust tight. Basically when I buy a game, I give the cartridge a thorough cleaning and then encase it in the shell (you'd be shocked at some of the things I've seen inside carts, I swear one guy must have been keeping one in a chimney). Obviously I'm going to clean my new 2600/7800 games as well but then what do I do with them? Has anyone made hard plastic shells for these games? How do you store your collection?

Now that I have Atari games and I'm building my collection, how should I store it? All my NES games are encased in hard plastic shells that are fairly dust tight. Basically when I buy a game, I give the cartridge a thorough cleaning and then encase it in the shell (you'd be shocked at some of the things I've seen inside carts, I swear one guy must have been keeping one in a chimney). Obviously I'm going to clean my new 2600/7800 games as well but then what do I do with them? Has anyone made hard plastic shells for these games? How do you store your collection?

after desoldering pokeys from ballblazer carts, my biggest question is what to do/use to treat cartridge PCboards and chips to stop them from corroding like some of the ballblazer carts were. I have also repaired a couple carts in the past where some traces were corroded through and I used wire-wrap wire and solder to bridge the bad spots.

after desoldering pokeys from ballblazer carts, my biggest question is what to do/use to treat cartridge PCboards and chips to stop them from corroding like some of the ballblazer carts were. I have also repaired a couple carts in the past where some traces were corroded through and I used wire-wrap wire and solder to bridge the bad spots.

but where do you store them :|

Try this in the 2600 or the 7800 forum. It'll get more hits.

Personally I just stack my loose carts on a shelf with the business end facing the wall. My loose 7800 games are in one of those Game Center things. About half of my 7800 games are stored in their retail boxes.

Try this in the 2600 or the 7800 forum. It'll get more hits.

You would think that...but for some reason no one will respond and I cross-posted on the 2600 AND 7800 boards. I thought if anything, people would respond to this one since its a simple question with a one sentence answer at worst and tells me if there's anything commercially available for Atari to store the games or would give me ideas based on what others have done with their own collections. I'm kind of flabbergasted really. I'm used to forums getting upset about technical questions being asked when there's a tutorial somewhere that you can read but an opinion question like this usually gets some commentary.

I use little plastic bags for the good ones. For the commons, or those I want to have out to play, I use those snap together, wood grain cart holders. (I'll check on an image in a moment) I'm not really worried about those. If they get handled, or need cleaning, or repair, I just do it. They are out to be played with.

The bagged ones are just in a few boxes, stacked on one another.

The ones I have are like this one: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3102071988471?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=310207198847&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Ended up scoring a big chunk of them, all locked together at a flea for a few bucks. Half full of carts too :)

I use little plastic bags for the good ones. For the commons, or those I want to have out to play, I use those snap together, wood grain cart holders. (I'll check on an image in a moment) I'm not really worried about those. If they get handled, or need cleaning, or repair, I just do it. They are out to be played with.

The ones I have are like this one: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3102071988471?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=310207198847&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Ended up scoring a big chunk of them, all locked together at a flea for a few bucks. Half full of carts too :)

Ahhh, this is more like what I was looking for. Hardly dust-tight but as you say they are small enough that a ziplock bag could be used. I'm guessing that that never caught on for other game systems (and why they made hard plastic cases) because those cartridges are to big for standard ziplocks.

but where do you store them :|

the pokeys are in antistat foam, and the A8 carts I have that I am keeping will eventually go into ziploc style anti-stat bags.

I just keep them on a shelf (as for where) As for how, my grandparrents get grapefruits from california, and they come in a box that is PERFECT (wish I could just buy the box) for the carts. It's exactly the same height as a cart inside, so some of the funny ones (M network) don't fit properly, enough for about 20 carts deep and 5 wide, and a little more spaceif you stick some in crooked.

Ahhh, this is more like what I was looking for. Hardly dust-tight but as you say they are small enough that a ziplock bag could be used. I'm guessing that that never caught on for other game systems (and why they made hard plastic cases) because those cartridges are to big for standard ziplocks.

If you want to, the carts can be bagged, then stored in the holders. I've done that in the past, and for most carts, it works fairly well.