IGNORED

Tele-Games Super Pong Iv

ThelonelyAlien

Hello everyone.

I recently purchased a Tele-Games Super Pong Iv from a flea market.I pretty much expected it to not work because i found it buried in a box but i got a good

deal on it. Only about 15 bucks. I put the batteries in (I don't have an adapter that fits it)and plug it in the tv. You can faintly see the numbers and see the ball bouncing back and forth.You can hear the sounds coming from the machine but the screen is all colorful. I hear a static noise from the tv and it ocasionly just goes black. My switch box is not broken because I use it for my Colecovison, Atari 2600, and Intellivison. I know its hooked to the coax port correctly cause i didn't take the box off from using it from Atari to Pong, so why are the colors there?

I have one, and the screen is quite colorful.

I think it's supposed to be that way. However, I don't remember having a problem reading the numbers.

ps4scrn.jpg

That's exactly what mine looks like but the numbers, paddle and ball are really faint.

Edit: There is static too

Edited by ThelonelyAlien

• 6 months later...

I have one, and the screen is quite colorful.

I think it's supposed to be that way. However, I don't remember having a problem reading the numbers.

ps4scrn.jpg

That's exactly what mine looks like but the numbers, paddle and ball are really faint.

Edit: There is static too

youre rf cable is shorted in the inside of the pong use a small wire snippers to chomp the weird screws out then just use a rca cable to TEST the rf connection if it works then you solved youre own problem witch i can almost guess thats the problem or mabie you should turn the color on youre tv down not to roast the color over its intended brightness also turn the contrast down a little donot over roast the controls on a old tv but we like it roasted anyway the pongs w the 4 game selector had a color burst crystal to make the rainbow color pattern to make it color so it should be in color if its to mutch just turn the color on youre tv down a little if there is interferance then youre rf cable is bad! ... I had this problem and took it and made a coin op game out of the board using a orange monitor a coin switch normally closed! and a couple of paddles i wanted from surplus store since i was 5 but didnt know what to do with them I used two rf cables cause they are long.. I also have a nother not butchared pong super pong unit witch works on the tv I just dont have the power pack Thats why I use the homerew arcade like one its just a pong in a square cube closet box suqare wooden box and a coin slot and a 5v power supply from old compaq and a 12v orange 13 inch screen its kind of cool but i call it functional furniture so if there is static then for shure youre rf connection inside is bad probably were it goes into the hole it probably has a short or no ground you could try grounding it to the (-) on the battery terminal to the rf box and see if its just missing its gnd w out having to take it apart in otherwords mabie the stinger on the cable is there or missing at least that way you would know weather there is a short or an open I know if you take it apart you can replace w rca cable but one end is shorted on the inside of the atari this is why I sometimes just snip this end and solder to the connections or I steal one from a broke atari GOOD LUCK I KNOW YOU WILL FIX IT . also the start button UNHOOKES to start game and starts when you rehook the start button to jumper also inside there is a speed or angle jumper witch is unused and can if you hook a nother pot 1meg ohm pot to it paddle it adjusts the speed of the angle ball comes off paddles! witch adds more exitement to game.

also if you dont have exactly 5v to game it moves up and down and so do the paddles on the screen you need DC constant voltage thats why I used a computer power supply cause the power pack had to mutch ripple and was pissing me off cause the paddle was movining all around the screen..

you should have no problem using a small snippers wire cutter to get the screws loose you may damage the snippers but those are cheap $7 or less get one from hardware store just dont use the ones youre dad says is only for plastic... anyway I was glad i took the 1st one apart If you see a gold plated chip w gold over the erease eeprom window its worth like $400 on ebay cause its rare... :|:):cool::cool::cool::thumbsup::D:lol:|:):idea::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

The static noise is normal. These old Pong machines don't send an audio signal to the television, only video. Since the television is getting no audio signal, that signal space is filled with static. All you need to do is turn down or mute your television. :) All the beeps and boops come directly from a speaker built into the system.

As far as your video problem is concerned, you probably have either a faulty RF cord or a faulty RF modulator; I'm inclined to believe it's the cord, since wires can break internally if the cord is crimped or bent hard (also because, in my experience, RF modulators rarely fail). It's also possible an IC or capacitor on the board might be out, but that's beyond my expertise.

I hope this helps! :)