IGNORED

Intellivision I - Console only shows Solid Colors

Hello, I have an Intellivision I console. However the issue is that i can hear the game playing but i only see Solid colors. also before i play the game while the screen is showing a green color. as soon as i press a button to start a game it then switches to the solid color the game should be. Anyone know what may cause this issue? Thanks

well i just cleaned the contacts on the console also. yet, to no avail.. im still getting the same thing. is there a bad connection inside the unit? i also used a different cable with my adapter for the TV and still got the same thing.

The game i tested with is Shark Shark!

I attached 2 files so you can see how the screen is just blue before i start the game. after i start the game sound plays (bubbles and i hear when the shark appears)and there are now 2 dark blue lines down either side of the screen.

post-24731-127129950058_thumb.jpg

post-24731-1271299513_thumb.jpg

Edited by ClassicGamingSquad

It makes me think the chip/board that runs the sprites might either of become desoldiered or just gone out.

well i would like to fix the system. i mean the shell is mint even everything inside looks mint. no rust or dirt anywhere.

so how would i go about doing this? unsolder the cover thats around the main board? i dont see any other way to get the cover off the main board. im new to trying to repair this system. all i ever did was play the system from when i was a child.

well i got the cover off and looking at the board i dont see any blown caps.. nothing really feels loose.. can you please take a picture of this thing you refer to as a Sprite? if you could steer me in the right direction a little i could possibly figure this out.

i appreciate the help thus far to help narrowing this down.

post-24731-127187936542_thumb.jpg