IGNORED

If the Powerpak will work on an NES emulator, it will work on an NOAC clone

Joe_Cracker

35 members have voted

1. 1. If the PowerPak could work on a PC NES emulator, will it also work on a compatable NES NOAC clone?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Noo...that just makes the problem worse! Time-travel adds the mass of the DeLorean to the Universe and becomes a loop...point A sending an infinite number of them back to point B. The Universe becomes nothing but DeLoreans at the specified target date...overwhelming the auto trade market.

And then the police force would have to check all of 'em for cocaine. Total anarchy ensues with all the detectives try to make the "big bust" that never happens.

Atari realise this and hide coke in ET carts. Nobody is interested in 2600 games any more so the cops don't hassle people with carts in their pockets. Atari hears that there is a bust going down and must dispose of several million carts in a hurry. Hmmmmm... Wonder how they did that?

I don't know how many units of homebrew carts are sold here or on retrousb but I can tell you that when the first game is completed I am going to go onto youtube and advertise the hell out of the game.

Dude, this entire thread is a list of things you don't know. I'd be astounded if you managed to get something right for a change.

• Like 1

I think a better idea is to get a programmer to create a ROM maker maker. Since all systems are basically the same, they all have graphics, chips and stuff, only difference being controller buttons, there is no need to create a specific NES ROM maker. A ROM maker maker can make a ROM maker for any platform, even future platforms that haven't been invented yet. All you need to do is write some code for falling rocks, for example, and just put it into the ROM, rocks are rocks, and falling is falling, so all code for rocks and for falling for all systems has to be the same.

I have applied for a copyright for this idea and notarized it two months ago. I will sue anyone who thinks of a ROM maker without paying me royalties. I require $1000 royalties for anyone who proposes their own ROM maker and all money they make on said ROM maker will revert to me.

Whew! I am so glad I made that ROM maker maker maker SIX months ago then. Since all ROM maker makers essentially consist of those 1s and 0s having sex, I went ahead and realized that in the future people would make ROM maker makers so they could sue ROM maker creators. I figured I'd beat everyone to the punch and just make that ROM maker maker maker.

You owe me $5700 now, batari.

Since we don't really know if its possible to make a ROM maker maker maker maker I propose that that we build a computer. Lets call it Deep Thought.

I predict the following conversation will take place...

Joe_Cracker: "O Deep Thought computer, the task we have designed you to perform is this. We want you to tell us...." he paused, "The Answer."

"The Answer?" said Deep Thought. "The Answer to what?"

"ROM maker" said Joe_Cracker

"NES ROM maker to be exact" said Joe_Cracker.

"and errrrr.... Everything ROM maker!" said Joe_Cracker.

Deep Thought paused for a moment's reflection.

"Tricky," he said finally.

"But can you do it?"

Again, a significant pause.

"Yes," said Deep Thought, "I can do it."

"There is a ROM maker" said Joe_Cracker with breathless excitement.

"Yes," said Deep Thought. "Everything ROM maker! There is an answer. But, I'll have to think about it."

Joe_Cracker glanced impatiently at his watch.

"How long?" he said.

NOW THAT IS THE QUESTION......

Whew! I am so glad I made that ROM maker maker maker SIX months ago then. Since all ROM maker makers essentially consist of those 1s and 0s having sex, I went ahead and realized that in the future people would make ROM maker makers so they could sue ROM maker creators. I figured I'd beat everyone to the punch and just make that ROM maker maker maker.

You owe me $5700 now, batari.

Fair enough, but consider I applied for a patent in Tunisia in 1997 which declares all ones to be my intellectual property, after anticipating a need for ones in the future. I haven't checked on my patent's status since then, but if it was approved, you could owe me thousands of Tunisian Dinars instead.

If this patent does not hold (and I can't imagine why it wouldn't) or you coded your ROM maker maker maker entirely out of zeros, I suppose I need to pay up. Unfortunately, I am unemployable, and live in my parents' basement (though I am certain a hot chick dressed as Sailor Moon will come and rescue me someday.)

Now since sales of ROM maker mugs and T-shirts are certain to be a boon, I am offering to pay you once this money comes in. Fair enough?

It's really astonishing how Joe manages to talk seriously despite all the jokes of this thread falling on him like falling rocks. :D

Well if your telling jokes, then your just not adding to the discussion. Now your suggesting one program to be rushed that would make roms from scratch that would be playable on any console you can think of, well you have consider something like this. Down below I have listed different consoles, underneath their names are the names of their main CPU's

NES

Ricoh 2A03

SNES

Ricoh 5A22

SMS

Zilog Z80

Genesis

Motorola 68000

2600 VCS

Mos 6507

5200 SS

Mos 6502C

7800 PS

Atari Sally 6502

As you can see, Ricoh made the CPU for both the NES and SNES. While Zilog made the CPU for the Sega Master System, Sega went to Motorola to get a good CPU for the Genesis. Now the CPUs for the Atari 2600 and 5200 where made by MOS but the one for the 7800 was made in house. Each one of these had their own patents, meaning that they could not mimic one another. By the time the 7800 was released, the patent for the M6507 had expired so they where able to do backwards compatibility much easier. Make the CPU in house, that's how the SALLY chip was able to play back all 2600 games whether Atari ever licensed them or not. Now Apple for instance, their most recent line of Macs can operate both their own Mac OS 10.6 and all previous versions of Windows starting from Windows 1 all the way to Windows 7 all in the same system, but it can only handle 2 Operating Systems. That is only because all the Mac that have used OS 10.4 use Intel processor chips while previous hardware used chips made by Motorola. A CPU chip is not just a CPU chip, some preform better then others while others are just junk. Do you always keep asking yourself why your PC is always slowing down even when it's up to date and no viruses.

:? That makes no sense. Talk about major tangents. And what do you mean by "it [Mac] can only handle 2 Operating Systems"? I have four major ones installed on mine right now, and could install more if I wanted to. (EDIT: Just like on any "PC", if you know how to do it, it's easy.) After that, your post seems to become completely nonsensical.
  • Like 1

Well if your telling jokes, then your just not adding to the discussion.

Joe,

Are you really that naive? You realize that not a single person here is on your side, right? This entire thread is one big joke, specifically because of YOUR posts. You're the one making yourself look bad and extremely ignorant.

:? That makes no sense. Talk about major tangents. And what do you mean by "it [Mac] can only handle 2 Operating Systems"? I have four major ones installed on mine right now, and could install more if I wanted to. After that, your post seems to become completely nonsensical.

I can only imagine what goes on in his head. None of his posts make any sense at all. Make sure to read the ROM Maker wiki if you really want to be confused.

At first I though he was simply misguided. After seeing his YouTube videos I started to think this was all a bad joke. Now I realize he's completely clueless and too stubborn to listen to people who know better. He hasn't only been shot down here, but numerous other forums as well. Anyone else would have clued in by this point that they didn't know what they were talking about.

I'm honestly starting to find his posts more disturbing than funny now.

• Like 3

At first I though he was simply misguided. After seeing his YouTube videos I started to think this was all a bad joke. Now I realize he's completely clueless and too stubborn to listen to people who know better. He hasn't only been shot down here, but numerous other forums as well. Anyone else would have clued in by this point that they didn't know what they were talking about.

I'm honestly starting to find his posts more disturbing than funny now.

I'm still thinking "troll". Like it's said, a broken clock is right twice a day, meaning even extremely stupid people manage to get something right by chance. When you're 100% wrong 100% of the time, as Joe is, I have to believe it's intentional. He's screwing with us. Moreover, Joe's refusal to answer questions that directly challenge his logic and unwillingness to talk one-on-one with any of us further cements the theory that he's doing this for the group attention, not as a serious effort.

I find the fact that he has nothing better to do to be disturbing in itself.

Joe,

Are you really that naive? You realize that not a single person here is on your side, right?

If you ask stupid questions, you get stupid answers.

Q: Are you really that naive?

A: No, If I was I would have given everyone here my bank account number instead of my paypal email address.

Q: You realize that not a single person here is on your side, right?

A: I see one person who isn't on my side, and clearly it's you.

Yeah godslabrat, I have to say that goldenegg is a troll if he is going to be like this.

Edited by Joe_Cracker

Joe,

Are you really that naive? You realize that not a single person here is on your side, right?

If you ask stupid questions, you get stupid answers.

Q: Are you really that naive?

A: No, If I was I would have given everyone here my bank account number instead of my paypal email address.

Q: You realize that not a single person here is on your side, right?

A: I see one person who isn't on my side, and clearly it's you.

Yeah godslabrat, I have to say that goldenegg is a troll if he is going to be like this.

Yet another example of my point. Can anyone read this and seriously think Joe is "only" stupid?

Edited by godslabrat

Yet another example of my point. Can anyone read this and seriously think Joe is "only" stupid?

After reading his other threads at various places on internet that date back almost a decade ago with the same results, as well as his videos where I'm watching someone who clearly is missing or has damaged a part of his brain? I absolutely can think this.

Either he sets new precedence on how stupid someone can be whilst still being functional to some degree, or he's the most devoted troll in the history of the internet.

Edited by Annihilus
  • Like 1

[blah blah]

NES

Ricoh 2A03

SNES

Ricoh 5A22

SMS

Zilog Z80

[blah blah]

As you can see, Ricoh made the CPU for both the NES and SNES. While Zilog made the CPU for the Sega Master System, Sega went to Motorola to get a good CPU for the Genesis. Now the CPUs for the Atari 2600 and 5200 where made by MOS but the one for the 7800 was made in house.

[blah blah]

WTF? Does this make any sense to anyone? Joe, stop fucking around and go read a C tutorial.

:? That makes no sense. Talk about major tangents. And what do you mean by "it [Mac] can only handle 2 Operating Systems"?

I guess he just read the Bootcamp documentation which only lets you use one extra partition besides the MacOS one.