IGNORED

If the Powerpak will work on an NES emulator, it will work on an NOAC clone

Joe_Cracker

35 members have voted

1. 1. If the PowerPak could work on a PC NES emulator, will it also work on a compatable NES NOAC clone?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just why was he banned? He wasn't threatening anyone, etc.

Maybe for something like this:

Anyone else getting PMs from Joe telling them to stay out of this thread, or just me? :lol:

Or maybe an admin considered he was talking nonsense, which is highly probable, although it was a damn funny nonsense.

• 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Somebody linked this thread in a recent one, man, this was a fun read. :lol:

I'd never heard of this PowerPak before (still not totally sure what it is), but I'm guessing seven years later there are better options out there.

Powerpak was the flashcart of choice before the Everdrive.

... and we're still waiting for Joe Cracker to show us all how it's done.

• Like 1

Plus, NES Rom Maker could also allow someone who has never made a single peace of homebrew in their lives to bring out something great in just only 2 months or more.

Ohh bullshit.. I could have ALL the tools ever made for programming and debugging and never come up with anything more sophisticated than:

10 A=A+1

20 PRINT A

30 GOTO 10

• Haha 1

Wow...this thread has been going under my radar.

Everybody lighten up a bit; there's people on this board that also think Atari's going to create a revolutionary new console, re-enter the market, and recapture the glory days. It's about as likely as this thing.

There probably will be similar devices one day in the future. All we have to do is wait 1000 years for it to happen. I mean, if you could whip up the "Master Control Program" from the Tron movie, he could probably make the ROM maker-thingie. Or, I suppose it would be easier to just build a "Data" (Star Trek character) and assign him to make games.

Never say never because ataribox!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Wise from your gwave!

So, I think Joe Cracker himself just popped up in my youtube recommended videos today with a statement about the new NES Maker software, that delivered on the main bit of its kickstarter last month. Joe Cracker is the first person I thought of when I heard about this kickstarter, but I expected there to be a kind of gloating video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijKcfHKPcQ8

For those out of the loop, below is some of what's come up in the last month from NES Maker. I've really got to take some vacation time to learn more about this product--because it really does take some effort. I can't actually knock his initial opinion, since I think NES Maker needs to have a lot more defaults pre-loaded to get people into their first creation fast. Still there is a lot of potential here, and I kind of expect most of the NES homebrew going forward to use this software. It's still in an early state, and I'm especially having issues with the optional mapper 30 physical flash solution.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Wise from your gwave!

So, I think Joe Cracker himself just popped up in my youtube recommended videos today with a statement about the new NES Maker software, that delivered on the main bit of its kickstarter last month. Joe Cracker is the first person I thought of when I heard about this kickstarter, but I expected there to be a kind of gloating video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijKcfHKPcQ8

JC tries going 3rd knuckle on the green goldmine twice in that video and still uploads it like it ain't no thang :rolling: :o

• Like 1