IGNORED

If the Powerpak will work on an NES emulator, it will work on an NOAC clone

Joe_Cracker

35 members have voted

1. 1. If the PowerPak could work on a PC NES emulator, will it also work on a compatable NES NOAC clone?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Could this thread be locked up???

I've got a better idea ... pin the thread so everyone can marvel at the mind numbing wonder of it all for years to come :D

My knee has been hurting me for sometime now, perhaps your right, maybe this thread will keep my mind off my knee and just give me a mild headache....wow its working already!

• Like 1

How many times do we have to tell you? If the problem was a software issue, don't you think RetroZone would have fixed it ages ago? It's not like they are excluding the clones on purpose, because that would be stupid from a business standpoint. The NOACs simply can't drive the PowerPak, it's a hardware issue, and no amount of ROM hacking will help.

• Like 1

I don't think RetroZone is even fully aware of the Super8/TriStar, because I wasn't until a few weeks ago. It's not that well known like all the other NOAC's, I hoping this will bring up some awareness about the device.

Why exactly do you care so much about a pirate SNES add-on? You talk as if it's the holy grail of devices, which it certainly isn't.

There is still some promise. Like you all said.

dumbassp.jpg

I should create another account...by the looks of it, we only need one more vote to to complete the "NO" vote bar! :D

Dude ... you nearly made me spit my drink all over my computer :lol:

• Like 1

I don't think RetroZone is even fully aware of the Super8/TriStar, because I wasn't until a few weeks ago. It's not that well known like all the other NOAC's, I hoping this will bring up some awareness about the device.

Why exactly do you care so much about a pirate SNES add-on? You talk as if it's the holy grail of devices, which it certainly isn't.

There is still some promise. Like you all said.

dumbassp.jpg

I should create another account...by the looks of it, we only need one more vote to to complete the "NO" vote bar! :D

Dude ... you nearly made me spit my drink all over my computer :lol:

lmao! :P

• Like 1

"The potential of NES Rom Maker once a downloadable version is ready is the hope that it will create community. Give the user the ability to take his or her favorite video game characters and put them in their vision of a perfect game and/or be original."

DEAR GOD so from the very start of this project you're already basically admitting that the only point is to infringe upon major company copyrights. Awesome. Why do I get the feeling that the only reason you want this created is so you can make a bunch of pathetic Legend of Zelda "fanfiction" stories into really, really terrible games?

• Like 1

Talk about Legend of Zelda "fanfiction" you caught something, here is a shot from a few years back:

http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=75

but let a bunch of un-ambitious lazy people or fanboys infringe copyrights or make fan faction.

As a matter of fact, I was using it to showcase my next demo. I got alot of criticism for bringing this up in the past but here it is. I would like to hear both positive and negative thoughts because it sends NES Rom Maker into it's eventual 2.0 cycle if you guys ever start sending me any donations. Remember, if it's a single donation of $20 or more your entitled to a refund for six months. Now, plane and simple about what the donations are for, there for hiring a much better software engineer, someone who can build this right and from the ground up much better then I could with just 2 or 3 years worth of training. The guy is looking at a minimum payment of $3,000 to $5,000 depending on how well his or her previous work is.

Now for what I'm really here for, and that is NES in 3D. Your going to need a pair of Red/Blue Anaglyph 3D glasses to see what I've been able to do. I used my Zelda Quest on purezc.com to demo this. Now here is everything, this is how an NES in 3D game cart would work:

Where is a normal 2D image:

01b2d8e731.gif

Now, you turn off your original NES or your clone and take out the cart. The switch to turn on the 3D feature is on the back of the game cart itself, but your either using original hardware or your NES clone doesn't support HDMI 1.4a which is required to receive a 3D signal on a 3DTV set. You can't switch it to 3DTV mode, so you go switch to R/B mode. Inside the cart is a video processor that begins to read the left and right eye images like this:

41a4cf8173.png

Now in 3DTV mode, that would make a great 3D outcome but from what I've figured out using special 2D to 3D software, it's not a good outcome so you end up with this if you go this route on R/B mode:

2fc7f8e6a2.png

As you may have noticed, not so good but when using original hardware. You also want something that original hardware can handle, now always with R/B mode the video possessor will always send out the correct NES native resolution of 256x244 so this is what the video processor will see before it lines up the images:

be3bab753e.png

Now on the Red left eye image, the blue and green color record has been removed and on the Blue right eye image, the red color record has been removed so this way the standard RGB processor, in the case of original hardware the RH 2A03 chip will pick this up send it to the video processor and whether your using composite, RF switch, or with some clones S-Video, you'll see this:

95c38da3eb.png

Now the above, look at it well with your Red/Blue 3D glasses, it's about as close to the original 2D image as you can get. WOW, once we have an NES Rom Maker software, the next question will be how will homebrew makers be able to make their titles 3D?

Talk about Legend of Zelda "fanfiction" you caught something, here is a shot from a few years back:

http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=75

but let a bunch of un-ambitious lazy people or fanboys infringe copyrights or make fan faction.

As a matter of fact, I was using it to showcase my next demo. I got alot of criticism for bringing this up in the past but here it is. I would like to hear both positive and negative thoughts because it sends NES Rom Maker into it's eventual 2.0 cycle if you guys ever start sending me any donations. Remember, if it's a single donation of $20 or more your entitled to a refund for six months. Now, plane and simple about what the donations are for, there for hiring a much better software engineer, someone who can build this right and from the ground up much better then I could with just 2 or 3 years worth of training. The guy is looking at a minimum payment of $3,000 to $5,000 depending on how well his or her previous work is.

Now for what I'm really here for, and that is NES in 3D. Your going to need a pair of Red/Blue Anaglyph 3D glasses to see what I've been able to do. I used my Zelda Quest on purezc.com to demo this. Now here is everything, this is how an NES in 3D game cart would work:

Where is a normal 2D image:

01b2d8e731.gif

Now, you turn off your original NES or your clone and take out the cart. The switch to turn on the 3D feature is on the back of the game cart itself, but your either using original hardware or your NES clone doesn't support HDMI 1.4a which is required to receive a 3D signal on a 3DTV set. You can't switch it to 3DTV mode, so you go switch to R/B mode. Inside the cart is a video processor that begins to read the left and right eye images like this:

41a4cf8173.png

Now in 3DTV mode, that would make a great 3D outcome but from what I've figured out using special 2D to 3D software, it's not a good outcome so you end up with this if you go this route on R/B mode:

2fc7f8e6a2.png

As you may have noticed, not so good but when using original hardware. You also want something that original hardware can handle, now always with R/B mode the video possessor will always send out the correct NES native resolution of 256x244 so this is what the video processor will see before it lines up the images:

be3bab753e.png

Now on the Red left eye image, the blue and green color record has been removed and on the Blue right eye image, the red color record has been removed so this way the standard RGB processor, in the case of original hardware the RH 2A03 chip will pick this up send it to the video processor and whether your using composite, RF switch, or with some clones S-Video, you'll see this:

95c38da3eb.png

Now the above, look at it well with your Red/Blue 3D glasses, it's about as close to the original 2D image as you can get. WOW, once we have an NES Rom Maker software, the next question will be how will homebrew makers be able to make their titles 3D?

Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

• Like 2

Joe Cracker has got man-boobs.

one of the main reasons the Japanese are often the best video game developers is because they each love to express themselves in their own way

:)

Hilarious.

Ewwwwwww! :rolling:

I think what he needs is the "Bro", or the "Manzierre"

post-19641-127282958739_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Joe Cracker has got man-boobs.

one of the main reasons the Japanese are often the best video game developers is because they each love to express themselves in their own way

:)

Hilarious.

Ewwwwwww! :rolling:

I think what he needs is the "Bro", or the "Manzierre"

post-19641-127282958739_thumb.jpg

that is absolutely disgusting.

• Like 1

hey Joe!

whats your Paypal address?? :twisted:

The Paypal address where donations are being accepted is rubberdude@users.sourceforge.net

Real hombrewers get paid after they produce results, not before.

I already know that you don't get any royalties without sales.

Edited by Joe_Cracker

Ok guys lets help Joe Cracker out here with his little project;

here is his paypal addy

rubberdude@users.sourceforge.net

who wants to be the 1st to donate.......... :P

• Like 1