IGNORED

Nolan Bushnell Appointed to Atari Board

Would also like to know for certain if the NolanB account is genuine? Some verification is needed please,... really. :ponder:

I just erased a bunch of praises because as a kid Nolan became a hero to me. If someone is pretenting to be him, well, I DO understand your wanting to defend him, but anyone assuming his identity here is doing the wrong thing to defend him. Please verify your ID. With someone as famous as Nolan, it is truely needed here on the faceless internet.

Thank You.

I just wrote on my facebook wall and talked to Ted on the phone. I can assure you all that Ted wrote his entries and he can authenticate me.

HI MR. DABNEY! :thumbsup: :D

Before anyone levels criticism at us for opening our arms to Ted Dabney but being critical of "Nolan Bushnell", please realize that Curt & Marty were directly involved with contacting Mr. Dabney and showing him the thread last night. This can be verified.

Actually I'm the one who contacted Ted about this thread.

This can be verified.

Edited by rolenta
  • Like 1

Didn't see Ted posts until a while ago, I am not worthy :o :thumbsup:

as spock would say on the star trek arcade: "welcome aboard captain"

hey I kind of figured nolanb is a fake, and you notice I haven't said anything, and yet one person keeps egging it on.

I'm not saying anything more.

(the Real Nolan is a member of mafia on mafia wars and is also a neighbor on cafe world and he is on my friends list on fb)

ok one more thing: stop living in the past, look toward the future and present. all this talk about what he did in the past and what could have been done different

can't be changed. we don't even what position he has with the new atari being on the board directors can mean almost anything, it might just be honorary position to gain more PR for company and be just a title.

Now I'm done.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Gosh "Nolan" - I didn't know you were on such a steep decline... just a few months back when we exchanged emails you certainly seemed to have all of your cognitive senses intact. I hear pomegranate juice might help you with your "senior moments"

Funny though - Ralph Baer - 20 years your senior remembers EVERYTHING like it was yesterday, its a shame you could'nt even remember that your former partner had daughters - wow, that is some lapse in memory you have there, you may want to go get that checked and soon.

In the meantime I think Marty, Len and I will give Ted a call later today to verify your claimed phone conversation with him...

Curt

I just got off the phone with Ted and yes his posts are real and he does have a daughter. She was older than mine and ted reminded me of the time they came up to my house and we were all around the pool. It was a senior moment that I forgot it. Ted was a huge help and a good engineer and we worked closely together. He thinks that the slip counter system was his idea and I think it was mine. I think that it was some melding of the two. But I think the real issue is that Dabney and I did Computer space and created the technology that powered the game business for 8 years. Al did most of the Pong work and Dabney was able to get the thing into production. Don't forget we thought of ourselves as a studio designing games for others to manufacture.

Neither Ted or I thought the Baer patents were important and at most a distraction. The record shows that no one other than Magnavox used and of his circuitry.

• Like 1

That's true, Len did and I had also, and Marty let me know Len needed to verify his contact info, but I think Len was the first email to Ted on this thread, I only emailed with Ted Saturday night.

Curt

HI MR. DABNEY! :thumbsup: :D

Before anyone levels criticism at us for opening our arms to Ted Dabney but being critical of "Nolan Bushnell", please realize that Curt & Marty were directly involved with contacting Mr. Dabney and showing him the thread last night. This can be verified.

Actually I'm the one who contacted Ted about this thread.

This can be verified.

That's true, Len did and I had also, and Marty let me know Len needed to verify his contact info, but I think Len was the first email to Ted on this thread, I only emailed with Ted Saturday night.

Yes, I contacted Ted several times Friday morning, but the emails kept bouncing back. So I contacted Marty to doublecheck the phone and email information that I had. Marty had the same info as me. So I called Ted and his wife or daughter (oh I forgot, he doesn't have one) answered and told me that Ted was sleeping. I explained who I was and that I was concerned because the email kept bouncing. She told me that the email was changed. I asked her to have Ted send me an email when he awoke, which he did. I then notified him about the forum Saturday afternoon.

He responded to me after he read the thread.

I contacted him again this morning when I saw the piece from nolanb saying that Ted didn't have a daughter. That was when Ted signed up with AtariAge and left his response.

I also sent Ralph a link to the thread this morning, but Curt beat me on that :)

Edited by rolenta
  • Like 1

Yeah, he emailed me Sat afternoon and then I responded back to the newer email and pointed the URL to the thread as well...

Oh hey look, Brent, umm I mean Alyssa, errr.. Nancy... oh - now I got it.... Nolan posted on his facebook wall {sic}

"Wacko's" --- I guess that is the new term for "people with the facts tearing down a 40 year facade"

Curt

Yes, I contacted Ted several times Friday morning, but the emails kept bouncing back. So I contacted Marty to doublecheck the phone and email information that I had. Marty had the same info as me. So I called Ted and his wife or daughter (oh I forgot, he doesn't have one) answered and told me that Ted was sleeping. I explained who I was and that I was concerned because the email kept bouncing. She told me that the email was changed. I asked her to have Ted send me an email when he awoke, which he did. I then notified him about the forum Saturday afternoon.

He responded to me after he read the thread.

I contacted him again this morning when I saw the piece from nolanb saying that Ted didn't have a daughter. That was when Ted signed up with AtariAge and left his response.

Mr. Bushnell must've been having a "senior moment" when he gave that interview and claimed he was involved with the development of the Missile Command coin-op (which, again, wasn't even started until many months after he left Atari). He can't remember who was on the "team" that developed the game, since there was no team (Dave Theurer, who Bushnell possibly never even met, did all of the programming). He somehow remembers playing the game in his office, even though Ray Kassar was in his office (and had been for quite some time) by the time a playable version was ready.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of this anachronism.

• Like 1

Its tough for him to answer when its not him, its one of his kids who wasn't there, doesn't know and is reading it off of Wikipedia to come back and post answers, and now they are posting on his facebook account (tsk tsk... does your daddy know you are playing around with his facebook page?)

Curt

Mr. Bushnell must've been having a "senior moment" when he gave that interview and claimed he was involved with the development of the Missile Command coin-op (which, again, wasn't even started until many months after he left Atari). He can't remember who was on the "team" that developed the game, since there was no team (Dave Theurer, who Bushnell possibly never even met, did all of the programming). He somehow remembers playing the game in his office, even though Ray Kassar was in his office (and had been for quite some time) by the time a playable version was ready.

• Like 1

Well there was the Atari time machine prototype Nolan had invented. Sure it had bugs, but going forward in time a few years would have been no problem what-so-ever as long as a person were wearing their Mindlink.

Read about it in my Nolan book!!

• Like 3

Dan,

Okay, reach around next to you... now, grab that crowbar and pull your head out of your ass dude. Brent takes care of his dad's IT, he and Alyssa (not to mention Nancy) have access to Nolan's FB account.

Don't be duped and don't become a dope.

Curt

I have proof he is the real thing:

as mentioned he is a friend of mine on facebook.

while ago, he sent me a pm here on AA.

I asked him if he is the real thing send me a message via fb chat.

and he did.

• Like 2

I have proof he is the real thing:

as mentioned he is a friend of mine on facebook.

while ago, he sent me a pm here on AA.

I asked him if he is the real thing send me a message via fb chat.

and he did.

My kids can get on my Facebook account and send messages claiming to be from me.

This person calling himself "NolanB" is either an idiot, a liar or a phony...

The real Nolan Kay Bushnell knows I have two daughters (Terri and Pam). He also knows that my digital skills are way beyond his.

Will said digital skills play the bills?

Pam, huh? That was the codename for the Atari 5200, right?

So much for keeping things classy. That question seems uncalled for regardless of whether this is a fake or real Nolan.

I'm sorry, but any attempt at "classyness" ended when the nolanb poster started swearing and also called Ralph a "patent whore".

Nolan, can you post a message to your friends at AtariAge on your Facebook wall? I'd get a kick out it. Thanks!

I'm not sure how that would go towards proving it's Nolan and not his son as already established.

• Like 1

Well there was the Atari time machine prototype Nolan had invented. Sure it had bugs, but going forward in time a few years would have been no problem what-so-ever as long as a person were wearing their Mindlink.

Of course...how silly of me. I forgot that Mr. Bushnell invented the flux capacitor, "which is what makes time travel possible"!

LOL, looking forward to that book.

I don't know if I'm doing this right but I want to get one thing clear, "NolanB" is real. He has a very selective memory but he is the real guy.

The "slip counter" as he calls it was a joint venture between us. I breadboarded it and controlled it with toggle switches but Nolan engineered it into the game so it could be controlled digitaly.

• Like 2

Its edible you know... Moycon is writing it on 100% bologna slices ;-)

LOL, looking forward to that book.

• Like 1