IGNORED

After Burner Climax

Ghost Soldier

I laughed at the title for a minute in my immaturity, and then proceeded to do some research on the game.

It's definitely best left in the arcade, in my opinion. I couldn't see myself paying $10 for the epitome of "replayability." It's a shame, too, because it's really the only game like it. :sad:

$1 per minute of play? No thanks.

Edited by johnon

I laughed at the title for a minute in my immaturity, and then proceeded to do some research on the game.

It's definitely best left in the arcade, in my opinion. I couldn't see myself paying $10 for the epitome of "replayability." It's a shame, too, because it's really the only game like it. :sad:

$1 per minute of play? No thanks.

You only play a game for 10 minutes? :?

You only play a game for 10 minutes? :?

Why do you think he was so pissed when he spent $60 on FFXIII?

$6 per minute and he only got to press the start button and watch 10 minutes of the 30 minute intro cut scene. :P

*sigh*

The game is only 10 minutes long, or so every review I've read tells me. Each one of them is sure to include that. I'm not one for paying $10 for a modern game only to play it for 10 minutes and start over.

Also, with FFXIII, I played for about 6 hours before I got sick of the characters, linearity, and battle system and gave up. $10/hour = ~Mirror's Edge length...with much less quality. :P

I was very stoked to play the demo finally! It was good. It has fantastic visuals and SEGA nostalgia, and I see they but in multiple routes which is good. But I'm not sure I'll buy it even at the cheap $10 price. I know its just a demo, but after 2 plays I felt 'done' with it...

I played the demo last night. It's just Afterburner with a few more things + updated graphics. No different than that 1942 revival game on Xbox Live. I'll pass.

See, I LOVE 1942 on XBox and still play that all the time, by myself and aganist others. More reason to get ABC, I guess. :)

• 7 years later...

Short of perhaps having a buddy that owns this on a PS3 and is willing to gameshare, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

It's a great game though, so hopefully if Sega ever reawakens this franchise and resecures some of these licences, they won't forget about relisting this one or porting it to more modern hardware.

Edited by Atariboy

A possible substitute is After Burner Black Falcon for the PSP, which was a physical release. It actually has more planes and a full story mode, though basically it's just After Burner. Graphics aren't as good since it's on PSP, obviously.

Thanks, aware of this and tracking down a copy now.

Bummed that the Xbox 360 Afterburner has vanished. The downside of digital only I suppose...