IGNORED

For Order: Monkey Labs Production Atari Lamps

As you can see in this thread, http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161958-atari-lamp-v30/ after a month of painstaking work on the part of Monkey Labs, I have completed a production sample of the Atari 2600 Lamp. This was a massive effort and a really fun project on my part, and now that I've gotten a viable product completed and I'm getting some stock for creation, I am going to create a limited edition production run of 5 Atari lamps. These lamps are amazing. They look absolutely phenomenal in a game room and are a great addition to any swank Atari bachelor pad.

These lamps feature a one-of-a-kind handmade custom Atari lampshade featuring Atari box scans from AtariAge and cartridges of the user's choosing. The 5 lucky people who are ordering these lamps are going to be like customers at Burger King: You get to have it YOUR way. At each step of production I will be asking a number of questions to ensure that your lamp is created EXACTLY to your specifications and made CUSTOM as a one-of-a-kind piece for anyone's collection. Everything from which box scans get used for the lamp, to which carts get used, to where the switch is even placed is YOUR CALL as the buyer.

I have 4 Atari Corp. 2600s and 1 Sears 2600 headed my way. The Sears one will be AMAZING with Sears carts and Sears box scans. A nice little unique piece.

So if you're interested, post in here or send me a PM. I will be maintaining a list of 5 individuals here. NOTE: This is a custom ordered job. They are not complete. This will take time. I predict I will have approximately a one-month turnaround time on these projects, maybe less if I get started ASAP. If you are not seriously interested in committing to that much, please do not waste my time. I don't want to spend a month custom creating a lamp only to hear "Well, you see, I had the money then, but I don't now" or the like. I'm not asking for money up front on these. I'm trusting the individuals that order them to follow through with funds. Without further fanfare, here's a youtube video of the lamp in action. Pictures are in the above thread.

This is a first run. If this is successful I will make more, so if you're not one of the first 5, don't worry, I will be continuing this project.

Lucky Lamp Order People:

1. Rick Weis (additional lamp shade as well) [Vader]

2. cvga [Atari Light Sixer]

3. retrogmr [Atari Light Sixer]

NOTE: I'll trade for lamp creation as well. Whatcha got? If it's really cool and unique and fun, let's see if we can make a deal!

Sales from these lamps will be going into the "Get Cebus to CGE Fund", so proceeds will be used for me to go to CGE!

Can't wait to get my hands on this lamp! It will certainly be, by far, the coolest light source I've ever owned. :) I can vouch for the amount of time Cebus put into this lamp project, going through several iterations before he reached this design.

Nice job! The lamp shades are probably something you could sell separately for additional dough...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's a good point, I'm sure people would love to have a lamp shade like this that they could use on a typical lamp.

..Al

Hmm, I could make and do lampshades as well. I may post about that later! :)

I'm not parting out the guts. What you gonna do about it? :evil: Actually I need the board for weight to keep the base secure, so I have to keep everything. For cosmetic purposes, as well, the switches must stay in tact and the cart slot must look complete.

Oh, and I should add, by "your materials" I mean you provide the carts. I will provide everything else. I already have dead VCS courtesy of phaxda and the other parts are easy to obtain locally, so I really just mean the carts. I can use my own carts or we can custom make labels for you for your carts, I can do just about anything with these.

Since it's being displayed at CGE, as well, Al wanted games that were easily recognizable to even the most casual of Atari folks. That way it just screams 'ATARI' from a mile away! :lol:

There are tons of options for anyone who would want a lamp. I can custom print and cut labels for R9s, R10s, etc. to make it a super-expensive one. I currently am thinking it would be REALLY cool to make a sister lamp for this one that consists entirely of text labels, and of course I have a Sears sixer headed my way that I hope to turn into a Sears branded Atari lamp. It all depends on what the consumer wants! :)

OK, look here people, if you are going to give Cebus static about not pulling parts out of these and recycling chips or whatnot, let me just say this again--where were you when I was offering these systems up for literally WEEKS? And at one point I was told I should just try to get someone to pay shipping for them and I would be lucky to get that. In several posts I offered to pull parts from these dead systems and sell them at a reasonable price and NO ONE took me up on it. I hate seeing Ataris die too--that's why I didn't just dumpster these and I am really glad someone can use them. If you have any thoughts of writing Mr. Lamp Man after reading this thread and chastising him for making lamps out of DEAD Ataris, let me just say this: write me the PM you were going send him and let me know how much you're willing to pay for the remaining dead systems I have or parts from them. Don't want to pay for them? Then don't bother complaining. I can't believe how many people want something for free and then complain about what someone else is going to do with items that they paid good money for. The lamps are cool and they are helping to preserve and enhance Atari culture. I am happy to have contributed in some way while at the same time making some scratch to help finance some of my recent eBay purchases: if you really need your Atari chips that bad, then MAKE AN OFFER. OY VEY.

mmkay, it was only a thought, I wasn't interested in the dead units myself or obviously I would have contacted you. I wasn't talking about fixer-types like me, although I am one. I was talking about fixer-types in general. Since I'm not currently in the market for dead units, please forgive me for not seeing your offers for them. I was hoping the ":)" at the end of my post would convey that I wasn't getting on Mr. Monkey Man or anyone, it was just for fun.

Sheesh, now I have to go take a Phaxda®™ for cryin' out loud, I'm so upset. I usually cut them in half because if I take a full dose it just makes me loopy. Sorry phaxda, I hate to cut you out on royalties, but I can only use so much Phaxda®™ at one time. ;)

-tet

Edited by tetrode kink

Sorry to keep spamming the Marketplace with multiple lamp-related threads but I wanted to make a separate thread for lampshades only so that this one doesn't get confusing! If you're interested in just a lampshade there's now a separate thread for it:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/162014-fs-monkey-labs-atari-lampshades/page__fromsearch__1

I hope you are a hot chick, because the instructions for Phaxda clearly state that it is to be taken "ONLY BY HOT CHICKS, once per day and twice on Sunday."

Sheesh, now I have to go take a Phaxda®™ for cryin' out loud, I'm so upset. I usually cut them in half because if I take a full dose it just makes me loopy. Sorry phaxda, I hate to cut you out on royalties, but I can only use so much Phaxda®™ at one time. ;)

-tet

Define "supply me the art". We talkin' you provide the scans, the carts, AND the dead console? That makes my costs a lot cheaper and means a much cheaper price point. I could probably do that. icon_smile.gif

Thats what Im thinking....icon_ponder.gifGotta find some crappy carts to kill.

If Rick Weis doesn't choose it (he gets first priority), I have decided that the Sears Sixer will not be available for lamp order. Why? Because it's MINE, baby! I'm making a custom Sears-brand lamp for myself because I am just enamored with how it will look. :D However, if Rick picks it it's his.

However I did get an additional Atari brand 2600 (2 Vaders) so that means there are still 5 lamps for order. :) I forgot how many I bought from phaxda, LOL!