IGNORED

Removing Video Content

GrizzLee

This is very annoying.

Sometime back when they upgraded(???) to the Zune player on XBL In oticed that all my deleted video content (movie previews and such) still show up in the list. They show up despite the fact I no longer have them. It is darn annoying to try and find a video I do have on my drive when I have to surf through the entire list of deleted content. Secondly, I liked the old player. The new Zune player takes much longer to load. If I could, I would revert back.

Does anyone here know how to solve this problem? I hate to call MS XBOX support in India again and ask for support.

Please advise.

Thanks,

-Lee

Edited by Lee Krueger
  • Like 1

Secondly, I liked the old player. The new Zune player takes much longer to load. If I could, I would revert back.

I will second this. In fact I go even further and state I like the old blade dash better as well and would switch back if I could.

Can't help you with the problem of deleted videos. I don't think I have ever deleted a video. Except maybe on my old 20GB Xbox which I sold off a long time ago.

• Like 1

I gave up trying to figure out how to delete them.

Damn... I was hoping there was simple thing I was overlooking.

MS and their bloatware. I hate the fact they shove the Zune ware and other crap down our throats.

Another thing to add to my long list as to why I loathe MS.

-Lee

I downloaded the stupid Zune player thing, which just got between me and my content. It was just a simple task of going into the file menu (my xbox, far right) and deleting it. Back to normal.

Not finding this. Where do you go exactly? I am in System Settings, then I am guessing memory and then the HDD.

From there I am guessing System Items? Problem is I don't see anything that looks like the Zune player.

I have:

Marketplace System Data

Optional Media Update (Which states Lets you play unprotected music (AAC format) on your console from iPod.)

Rights Database

Video Bookmark Data

Are any of those what you are referring to, or am I in the wrong spot?

Also I found this in regards to deleting content from the Zune list:

http://forums.zune.net/556923/ShowPost.aspx

You can't remove items that have been previously downloaded/licensed... in the current design, the Xbox 360 puts everything you've ever downloaded in the visible library. You don't need to download them, but they'll still be listed.

There's some Zune stuff under Games. You can delete it all without hurting anything.

Yes that did it. After I deleted it, when I click on a downloaded video I don't have to wait for that Zune front end to watch it! The victory was short lived though. The Video Marketplace cannot be accessed any other way than through the Zune front end so if you ever want to visit it, you have to download the Zune sh*t again. :sad:

I've rented some movies on Zune (Transformers 2, Daredevil, and Electra). One movie, Electra, I downloaded, and once the rental was done the movie self deleated on my XBox and they were gone from the Zune list. The other two I streamed as I watched them. Maybe the problems are just for stuff you buy and download?

I've rented some movies on Zune (Transformers 2, Daredevil, and Electra). One movie, Electra, I downloaded, and once the rental was done the movie self deleated on my XBox and they were gone from the Zune list. The other two I streamed as I watched them. Maybe the problems are just for stuff you buy and download?

Yep it's because they were "purchased". The problem is it considers free stuff to be "purchased" as well and I just want to delete it off the list.

Yep it's because they were "purchased". The problem is it considers free stuff to be "purchased" as well and I just want to delete it off the list.

Exactly. It clutters my list. Before the Zune palyer, I had wathed a boatload of previews and such. They still showe in my list.

-Lee

• 6 months later...

The first thing I did with the Zune update was delete the crap I didn't want on the list. Now if they will just let me re-download the stuff I already paid for again I'll be happy.

Pull up your blades (push the big X button) and go all the way to the right.

Choose Account Management, and then Download History

Previous Zune purchases will be the first choice.

• 11 months later...