IGNORED

Record of Agarest War

Tempest

I know the feeling. Though others may disagree, I think the physical copy, with the hilarious box and extras, was worth that sacrifice.

Also, considering all of the DLC these days that becomes completely arbitrary, I don't think I'll be buying too much Agarest DLC. :P

Is it true that the PS3 version gets the add-ons for free and the 360 version you have to pay for them?

Tempest

Yep.

Bah can't find the article about it >.>

There were several articles mentioning it, but this one on Kotaku confirms the price on the DLC for the sony network.

Got my copy today.

The mouse pad is really impressive as far as the quality of the item.

I'm a sucker for game soundtracks and think they should be included in every premium edition, so again, very impressed. the pillow case I left in it's bag. Like Tempest stated, a mint condition one might be a collectors item!!! ;)

Cant really comment on the game itself. I played the tutorial only so far.

Hopefully will get to play some more in a little bit.

Played a few hours now. I like the presentation of this game and I like the explore area's. I'm currently stuck at a map with purple Quest on an explorable area and I've been in 4 times and cant figure out what 'm supposed to do now at all. It's the first explore area in the game. It's kind of got me frustrated.

Anyways, I just came off playing spectral Force 3 and so far I like Spectral Force 3 better. The combat isn't so confusing and a pain in the ass to set up. There aren't random, generic encounters. The linking system in Agrest is kind of cool, but wears thin very quickly. I also don't like doing all the moving first and then all the combat. I'm not giving up on the game or anything, these are just my initial thoughts after just playing another SRPG on the 360.

Played a few hours now. I like the presentation of this game and I like the explore area's. I'm currently stuck at a map with purple Quest on an explorable area and I've been in 4 times and cant figure out what 'm supposed to do now at all. It's the first explore area in the game. It's kind of got me frustrated.

Slumber Forest?

I had the same problem. The "B" button jumps. Head to the upper left and jump up.

Slumber Forest?

I had the same problem. The "B" button jumps. Head to the upper left and jump up.

LOL Yep. I figured it out shortly after I posted that. Actually I didn't figure it out I watched a video.

I swear I had tried to find a jump button, but I guess I failed to hit the "B"

I think this game is pretty difficult even on normal and you have opportunities to get stuck.

Save often.

It's very easy to get into area's where, you can not longer buy items because there isn't a shop you can get to, and the enemies are way too tough to even consider trying to grind because...that's right, you will run out of items and won't be able to replenish them. Right now hours and hours into the game I've hit a wall. My only option is to reload a game and try and go back before I got to this spot, unfortunately my only saves that help me out of the situation are days old. I'd basically be giving up hours of game play. Frustration doesn't begin to sum up my feeling towards this game. Even after days of play, I think Spectral Force 3 is a lot funner.

Oh and Tempest, don't worry about your wife thinking you are a perv watching you play this game. It's an extreme stretch to consider this game naughty, she'll more likely be bored and go read a book if she ever does watch you play for any length of time. (Especially if you are crafting items which is definitely not user friendly)

I think this game is pretty difficult even on normal and you have opportunities to get stuck.

Save often.

It's very easy to get into area's where, you can not longer buy items because there isn't a shop you can get to, and the enemies are way too tough to even consider trying to grind because...that's right, you will run out of items and won't be able to replenish them. Right now hours and hours into the game I've hit a wall. My only option is to reload a game and try and go back before I got to this spot, unfortunately my only saves that help me out of the situation are days old. I'd basically be giving up hours of game play. Frustration doesn't begin to sum up my feeling towards this game. Even after days of play, I think Spectral Force 3 is a lot funner.

I'll have to see. I haven't been able to play the past few days. Yesterday I found myself assembling bookshelves and today I was planning on snagging Raystorm HD and blasting for a while before group game time.

I know the enemies can be pretty brutal when they combo. They can easily drop a mainline fighter in one round.

Incidentally, have you claimed any of your rewards in town? When you fulfill one of the mini-achievement things the game offers, you click on it and get goodies. This is easy to miss. I know it took me a long time before I discovered it in Cross Edge.

Incidentally, have you claimed any of your rewards in town? When you fulfill one of the mini-achievement things the game offers, you click on it and get goodies. This is easy to miss. I know it took me a long time before I discovered it in Cross Edge.

Unfortunately I have. I snagged about 8 titles and they definitely help because they give you gold and items.

Gold isn't the easiest thing to come by in this game. I mainly sell the items I get off the creatures for cash. Some like the unicorn horn i wonder if I'll ever come across later in the game. I think I got it from an Adventure Club title and it was worth 10k gold!! Cash is so hard to come by...I sold it right away.

I wound up booting up my old save and vowing to be more careful going forward. I plan on grinding, stocking up items and leveling up my weapons better before pushing on.

I've heard, contrary to what the game says, items will carry over from an Easy game to a Normal game. This wasn't the case in the Jap version, but apparently it does in the US version (Gold doesn't carry over) but the message that items didn't carry over wasn't removed from the game.

Had I known this, I would have started on Easy instead of Normal I think. Even on Normal the game is pretty dang difficult. Like Gabriel pointed out your best characters can become memories in one round, and reviving them isn't cheap.

I've heard, contrary to what the game says, items will carry over from an Easy game to a Normal game. This wasn't the case in the Jap version, but apparently it does in the US version (Gold doesn't carry over) but the message that items didn't carry over wasn't removed from the game.

Had I known this, I would have started on Easy instead of Normal I think. Even on Normal the game is pretty dang difficult. Like Gabriel pointed out your best characters can become memories in one round, and reviving them isn't cheap.

Yeah, I'm starting on easy. The last SRPG that I personally played was Advance Wars and it was pretty dumbed down if you ask me. I think this will be much more of a challenge, for $60 I hope it is at least...

I think this will be much more of a challenge, for $60 I hope it is at least...

I've heard on other forums the True End Boss in this game is brutal even on the easiest setting.

I've also heard it takes around 80 hours to finish the game! Should get your $60 worth for sure.

I dunno.

On the Normal setting the game is extremely frustrating and hard.

On easy it's a gimmie.(Yes I started completely over and played for a few hours in)

I can't recall the last time the difference between Easy and Normal was so ridiculously opposite. Trying really hard to like this game. I refuse to let it discourage me from finishing it. (A person should have no problem on Easy.)

Still like Spectral Force 3 better. :|

I think this will be much more of a challenge, for $60 I hope it is at least...

I've heard on other forums the True End Boss in this game is brutal even on the easiest setting.

I've also heard it takes around 80 hours to finish the game! Should get your $60 worth for sure.

Woah! That's Elder Scrolls long, cool!

Quick story, when I went to Gamestop to pick this up the guy says "the extra naughty version, we keep that one in the back" so when he hands it to me a few guys in line say "woah, that game looks cool" and "I have to try that one" well, I tried to tell them it is just a SRPG and not a sex simulater or whatever they had the impression it was and all I got in return was "oh sure it is" and "thats what I'll tell my Wife too" needless to say, they didn't believe me - lol. On a serious note I do think people may buy this game and get the wrong idea due to the packaging. I hope they at least give it a chance and don't instantly say it sucks when they don't see chick on chick action/etc..

... I hope they at least give it a chance and don't instantly say it sucks when they don't see chick on chick action/etc..
Well, you do have the option of putting the pillowcase on top of the mousepad, or vice versa :D

Seriously though...

My copy came in the mail on Wed. as well. I opened it up and checked out the bonus materials, and realized that they are going back in the box, never to be seen again. I'm not going to try and explain that kind of wackiness to my wife. DeathSmiles probably won't help my case either.

Hex.

[ Likes getting soundtracks though. Soundtracks are awesome. ]

I'm still pissing around in the first generation on normal. I'm at some cave where I gotta hunt down some critter for the local king because I want him to be my ally in a war.

Money is starting to look a bit better. I'm making 100 per fight instead of 10 per fight. That makes the occasional dropped party members somewhat bearable. It's much better to rez them in a fight rather than at the hospital. It costs 500 for a Fragment of Life, while it costs Level x 100 to rez them in town. Even still, I often reload rather than deal with the expense of a rez.

Characters are dropping a lot less since I used my Party Points to boost everyone's Vitality up to a minimum of 15. I also finally got enough money to do some alchemy for better equipment. Leon has a silver sword now. Due to an alchemical accident, Fyuria has a shield blade. She hates me, but her and her brother have a combo attack which is the only easily accessible AOE attack so far.

I guess I haven't gotten out of the tutorial mode, because the Adventurer's Guild has yet to offer the Skills option even though I have the Arts book.

I'm still pissing around in the first generation on normal. I'm at some cave where I gotta hunt down some critter for the local king because I want him to be my ally in a war.

A few events after that cave is when I gave up and started the game over on the Easy setting. (This was after playing up to the next mountain and consistently losing at least one character per battle and having to revive them at a cost of a Fragment of Life (500 GP)

That is when you'll find yourself with no shops and no way back. Hopefully, you were smart and stocked up on items.

To put the difference in difficulty in perceptive, when I was where you were at now, I could kill 1 enemy and take the life from a second enemy per turn on Normal.

On Easy, I can kill 3 or 4 enemies per turn. :|

I feel like a tool having to restart, but I was seriously getting POed at the thought of going back and grinding for an hour to buy some FoL at 500GP. :(

I guess I suck.

A few events after that cave is when I gave up and started the game over on the Easy setting. (This was after playing up to the next mountain and consistently losing at least one character per battle and having to revive them at a cost of a Fragment of Life (500 GP)

That is when you'll find yourself with no shops and no way back. Hopefully, you were smart and stocked up on items.

To put the difference in difficulty in perceptive, when I was where you were at now, I could kill 1 enemy and take the life from a second enemy per turn on Normal.

On Easy, I can kill 3 or 4 enemies per turn. :|

I feel like a tool having to restart, but I was seriously getting POed at the thought of going back and grinding for an hour to buy some FoL at 500GP. :(

I guess I suck.

I restarted on easy too. While I think I could probably keep on going on normal difficulty, the frustration level is pretty high. On normal it seems to expect you to be absolutely perfect every round. If you slip up even once, it's time to watch a characer drop and cost you 500+ gold. Money is really scarce at the beginning of this one. Even selling spare grass ("Hey, wanna buy some weed?") and silver ore doesn't help much.

Something odd happened after the boss in the cave. The seer lady (the mousepad lady whose name presently escapes me) was immediately killed in the fight. I wasn't able to use a FoL on her, and her crystal disappeared. I think that's the first time I've let a character's crystal expire. After the fight, she was still alive. Was the free rez because I let her crystal shatter, or because it was a boss fight freebie?

I don't know if this would have solved your problem, but I noticed that pushing the X button and then A on the overworld map brings up a teleport menu. This allows travel to any visible area even if the travel webs aren't connected. I used it after the dark knight endurance test fight to teleport back to the last store even though the travel web had been severed.