IGNORED

Record of Agarest War

Tempest

I think that's the first time I've let a character's crystal expire. After the fight, she was still alive.

Was she alive and her portrait red and she was unusable after wards? I think I've let that happen and I thought that character would be gone but instead the character was all in red and you had to bring them back at a first aid center in town, pretty much how they would be if you hadn't let the crystal disappear. I think the crystal is just a short window that you can revive them in battle.

Finally got to play this for maybe 30 minutes last night. I am still in the tutorial I believe as I have to crush some huge rock and learn how to do extended attacks. I started falling asleep so I figured I better wait until the next day to learn any complex attacks since my brain was not firing on all cylinders - lol. So far I really like it though, this game is going to be a lot of fun I can tell :)

Was she alive and her portrait red and she was unusable after wards? I think I've let that happen and I thought that character would be gone but instead the character was all in red and you had to bring them back at a first aid center in town, pretty much how they would be if you hadn't let the crystal disappear. I think the crystal is just a short window that you can revive them in battle.

Nope. She had been killed, crystalized, and then shattered. Then she was usable the very next fight without having to visit the catgirl doctor. I guess I'll just chalk it up to the game giving a free rez after the boss battle.

Nope. She had been killed, crystalized, and then shattered. Then she was usable the very next fight without having to visit the catgirl doctor. I guess I'll just chalk it up to the game giving a free rez after the boss battle.

Must be what it was, interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind.

On a side note, have you ever had the Smith screw up while creating weapons for you? Not only will it get you an achievement, it might get you a kick ass item! (Not that it helped me at the time because even with it I was getting my ars kicked)Might be worth it to save before crafting items and reload a few times trying to get him to screw up.

Just curious.... is Record of Agarest War a "first game" or were there previous Agarest releases?

I have the game but haven't gotten around to even opening the package yet. Reading the posts here makes me want to give the game a play tonight as you are making it sound very interesting.

Mendon

What is it with all the free downloads for Agarest????

I was just looking online and there are 4 more of them added this week to the already previously available freebies. Sheesh... I don't think I've ever seen a new game receive DLC like this, and being FREE is incredible!!

Guess I'll bust open the shrinkwrap and take this game for a play.

Mendon

I don't think I've ever seen a new game receive DLC like this, and being FREE is incredible!!

Bullet Witch and Dynasty Warriors 6 had a bunch of free DLC right away also. You're right though, it's pretty rare. Probably a way to generate some buzz about the title in the hopes more people will go out and buy it

What is it with all the free downloads for Agarest????

I was just looking online and there are 4 more of them added this week to the already previously available freebies. Sheesh... I don't think I've ever seen a new game receive DLC like this, and being FREE is incredible!!

The DLC is already available for the 360 version? I've been checking regularly and even checked this morning and didn't see any.

Cross Edge for the PS3 had a huge amount of DLC too, mixed between freebies and pay content. The freebies tend to be little things like XP and money awards along with standard items. The pay downloads tend to have more exotic/rare equipment. The DLC kept appearring for about two months, I think.

Okay, made it to the boat and am grinding my way down the river. I feel pretty good about my combo abilities but I haven't done much else besides level up my weapons. I have not bought any items/weapons/armor/smithing books/etc..yet, I have a habit of waiting to buy stuff in RPG's since I am always paranoid I am going to buy the wrong stuff and waste my hard earned gold, especially since this game seems to be a little on the light side with the GP. Any suggestions on good stuff to buy? I know I have to do some trial and error of course to make the game interesting but any "must haves" you guys can recommend?

I know I have to do some trial and error of course to make the game interesting but any "must haves" you guys can recommend?

I bought up the books in the store, and pretty much completed the first gen not going beyond the silver weapons. I did have one wand that was the next level of weapons and it was pretty sweet. Although truthfully I'm not quite yet through the first gen so I may make some more weapons before it's over. Ill let you know!

Be sure and visit the Adventure guild and buy the books in there with your TP you gained so far if you haven't. I've heard it's not worth spending TP on anything other than the books. Also if you haven't done it. Go to camp and go to status, instead of pressing "A", press "Y" and you can use you PP (Party Points) I had 100's of PP points to level up with and didn't even know it till about 3/4 through.

I know I have to do some trial and error of course to make the game interesting but any "must haves" you guys can recommend?

I bought up the books in the store, and pretty much completed the first gen not going beyond the silver weapons. I did have one wand that was the next level of weapons and it was pretty sweet. Although truthfully I'm not quite yet through the first gen so I may make some more weapons before it's over. Ill let you know!

Be sure and visit the Adventure guild and buy the books in there with your TP you gained so far if you haven't. I've heard it's not worth spending TP on anything other than the books. Also if you haven't done it. Go to camp and go to status, instead of pressing "A", press "Y" and you can use you PP (Party Points) I had 100's of PP points to level up with and didn't even know it till about 3/4 through.

These are good tips, some of the stuff I have done but some I have not (that tip about the extra level PP points I can't wait to get home and do) Looking forward to applying these! Thanks :)

Oh, almost forgot. I have now made it to the cave! I hit save since it was getting late but looking forward to taking down the "super monster" the (Wise ;) )King needs help defeating :)

Ah. The Jumbo Cock! It surprised my group and rendered Vira Lorr unconscious with one thrust.

I beat the first generation no problem. I used mostly silver weapons and silver/shell/bone bracelets. All of these were enhanced to lvl 5.

I was grinding a lot to get titles (capturing and combining monsters, kill X number of monsters) and basically the end boss took me like 2 rounds with no members even coming close to dying! After you kill the boss, don't go on to the ending pillar before returning to the mountain explorable area you will be currently standing on. There are about 6 chests full of great items, if you move on, you'll be in gen 2.

I bought all the DLC. The money and defensive items the packs provided gave a much needed boost. I was able to buy the various needed books as well as do the needed crafting for equipment and skills. That took about half of the 100,000 Gold.

I played for a while with my new enhanced party. It wasn't playing on "god mode" like the DLC for Cross Edge was though. Anyway, I got the other two love interests, and did a battle against a fortress. After finishing the battle, I decided to restore my save made just before the battle because I didn't like what my choice at the end did to the affection and alignment gauge.

I know everyone has probably already found this tactic out, but it's kind of interesting how the combat system encourages you to completely divorce yourself from tactics which are your bread and butter in every other TRPG. In this game, it's best to have your characters spread all over the map instead of clustered together in a loose formation. This allows them a wider range of targets to attack (the target will be in range of someone), as long as you have everyone linked. In terms of linking, it's best to have interconnecting webs, but it also works quite well to designate one character the hub, and not move that character or attack with him (to prevent the hub from being broken). This allows every other character to attack anything on the map, or to evacuate fragile characters from dangerous spots.

I usually designate Borgnine as the hub as he's not really necessary for other people's combos (Leon can combo without Borgnine's Blast, and lots of other people can do Rush). Fyuria covers the right side of the board while Leon handles the left side. I hop the other three around wherever surgical strikes are needed.

Is that all the DLC is is better equipment and stuff? If that's the case I'll pass. I already have all the books except the ones you have to get from the Adventure Guild using TP and I find this game outrageously easy as it is on the Easy setting. (Granted I did a ton of grinding getting the titles and a lot of experimenting with the smithing which also gives titles.) I can't see spending $$ to make it easier. If only I had known about the DLC when I was trying to go through on Medium!

Word of warning if you are a completest. Don't allow your alignment to go too far past neutral. There are characters who later will join you...but NOT if your alignment is too high towards LIGHT.

Also another tip to help your character stats. When you go to equipment, the last tab is for "Active" for most of the 1st Gen I had no clue what these were. I never found items that would equip in that slot. Then while experimenting with the Blacksmith I realized you could enhance weapons and armors and then convert them into stat boosts. For instance a Bone Bracelet when maxed and converted will produce a perk that will add +50 to you defense when equipped in that Active tab. Very nice boosts!

Experiment with maxing out and converting all your unused weapons and armors. You'll see what I mean.

I married all 3 girls, but decided to continue on with Elaine the one that gave you 40 Achievement Points as opposed to 35 and 20. She must be the best eh!? LOL Who did you guys pick?

I married all 3 girls, but decided to continue on with Elaine the one that gave you 40 Achievement Points as opposed to 35 and 20. She must be the best eh!? LOL Who did you guys pick?

Going with visual preference, I'm thinking of going with Elaine. She's a knight chick with dark hair and the biggest boobs of the bunch. Hawtness.

But Luana has some benefits. The kid would have access to those thrown weapons of hers which would give a range advantage. I like her basic outfit of fishnets and crosses. But she ends up looking rather plain in the wedding scenes.

Finally, there's Fyuria. While she has the disadvantage of no funbags for Leon to play with on the honeymoon night, she does have a couple of key benefits. A child with her will use swords, which means keeping Leon's combat strategies and skills. Fyuria dresses like a hooker, and that taste in clothes continues on to her wedding dress. Plus, blue hair is hawt!

But if I hadn't looked at any guides or anything, I probably would have gone with Elaine. Probably still will.

Any get this yet? Is it any good? I was thinking about downloading it for the PS3 since I don't need the 'extras' the boxed 360 version comes with.

Tempest

Everyone needs Mouse boobies!!!!

Mendon

Sorry, that's why I have a wife. icon_wink.gif

Tempest

Tempest,

Are you saying your wife lets you drag your mouse all over her...?

Is this clean?