IGNORED

Record of Agarest War

Tempest

Ok finally done with Tales of Symphonia: DotNW. I'm going to start Agarest next. Any advice when starting out? There's still no good walkthrough out there...

Tempest

Haven't used one all game. I can give you a few pointers, since I'm still slugging through Generation 5:

1) You may want to spend $5 or $10 and get some of the optional DLC stuff for this game. Even I broke down and got some. I'd highly suggest the gold and point bundles. They go a LONG way of helping early on.

2) If the battle looks easy enough go ahead and do the Auto funciton (hit Select). Even if you lose a party member or two. The AI is good at overkilling enemies for bonus items and you can let the AI do it's thing while you eat or shower or something.

3) Keep your PP's to use on the party members who STAY with you the whole game. Avoid using them on the main character for each generation or the three girls you can marry.

4) You can get all 3 girls up to the point where they will all marry you if you do the options correctly. Toward the end of each generation there's a event to answer qustions and boost their feelings to you. Save and mess around with it.

5) Each main character in each generation has roughly the same stat points, just spread out different over different catagories. It's just a personal choice as to the weapons they use and what they look like.

6) Take your time and do auto battles to help boost your stats. You should gain about 15 levels each generation AT LEAST. I entered Generation 5, the last one, at 65.

Please ask if you want more help or tips. :)

I'm still slugging through Generation 5. The game cranked up a difficulty level here, so the fights take longer and require more effort. I can still use auto some, but not as much as eariler.

The boss fights have gotten intense also, requiring some effort and strategy to be able to get through them.

No clue when I might finish this. I'm trying to work on it for a bit each day, at least. :)

Finally made it to the very last boss fight today. It wouldn't be so bad if there were not two tough fights BEFORE this that drained my items. :P

I'm sure I can win the game but it's going to be a long, drawn out, nasty fight and I need to think about how to go about doing it. I'll tackle it again tonight.

I think I may be the first one who has posted here to be able to say this --

I BEAT THE GAME! :D

Just finished it a little bit ago, and started a new game with the clear data to see what was kept and what was not.

While the game was tough, there wasn't anything I really had to get help on, besides the helpfull hints and tips that were given here. The last part of the game was rough, having three tough fights one after another -- my items were gone by the time I finished it. I finally got through it with some patience and saw the ending.

The ending seemed very unfilling, so I suspected there were many endings. And for the first time I went looking for help. There's not much for the game on GameFAQ's but there was a link to a Wiki for the game, located at:

http://agarest.wikia.com/wiki/Agarest_Wiki

And that was where I found out about the 'True End' and the tough conditions to get it.

Among them, you have to have your light/dark guage at the right points at the right time, and you can't spend more then 100 turns on any generation. I was at exactly 600 when I beat the game, so that went out the window a long time ago anyway.

Once you beat the game you can take a save and then play again with your clear data. Your points and gold, your books, your profile and gallery, and your knowledge of the arts and attacks carries over with you. I also seemed to keep some items, such as the Proof of Valor's that I had. Any additional weapons or bonus items I had bought through DLC had to be downloaded again, but you can not download any point packs that you have allready 'spent' that way.

I started the game in Hard mode this time, even though the game said things were not carry over in Hard since I played in Normal and it only carried over for Normal and Easy. Perhaps that was changed, or I'd keep more stuff if I was in Normal. Not sure. But I know from the quick look at the Wiki in order to get all the Achivements and titles I need to beat the game in Hard mode.

So, there's defentily enough profiles and pictures to unlock, characters to get, and different endings to see,to warrent a second playthrough. With all the time and effort this took, though, not sure when I'll do it again. :P

The Wiki also has a 'In Depth perfect plan' which claims it can give you everything in one playthrough if you decide to follow it, so for those of you just starting or not yet started you may wish to try that.

All in all, this was a really fun and challenging game despite the unfufilling ending that I ended up with, and I'll defentily be playing it again -- sometime. :)

But I have Final Fantasy 13 on it's way (with some money I made selling things on Amazon and here on AA) so that will be my next gaming challenge. ;)

Awesome news SoulBlazer! :thumbsup:

I will finish this game eventually.

I made it into the third gen and have every intention of playing through gen 5.

I fear I too will be disappointed, I know now you have to really kick ass to get the "true" ending, and I haven't exactly been kicking ass my first play through. :sad:

Awesome news SoulBlazer! :thumbsup:

I will finish this game eventually.

I made it into the third gen and have every intention of playing through gen 5.

I fear I too will be disappointed, I know now you have to really kick ass to get the "true" ending, and I haven't exactly been kicking ass my first play through. :sad:

Yeah, the conditions for the 'true end' are pretty tough and I don't see how anyone can get it on their first playthrough UNLESS they follow that Perfect Guide from that Wiki.

I think you also almost have to go through it again to get all the pictures, voice data, and Achievements anyway.

I even broke down and bought some DLC stuff to help me with the game, like some of the points packs. It looks like they are done adding DLC content for the game, though.

At least that means one can play the game again a second time. :)

Six weeks to get through a game is a long time for me, but I do recall Final Fantasy Tactics, Morrowind and Oblivion taking just as long or a little longer.

Thanks for the well wishes. I feel better now to have that done. :P

Edited by SoulBlazer

You always hear folks bitching that games these day are too short...but I notice none of them are posting in this thread. (My guess is none of them have even considered buying this game) ;)

I'm sure the perfect guide works. I chose to just wing it my first play through anyways.