IGNORED

YouTube TI Tutorials

Opry99er

Hey all--- just wanted to let you know that my YouTube channel uploading is about to get re-initialized...  I made a video today on request for a PC->TI transfer in which I documented the following:

DL a game from TI Gameshelf

Use ARC303G to unarchive it

Test in Classic99

Transfer using QModem and MFM

Running game on TI

**This is different than my other videos which all deal with TI->PC transfers... This one is "PC->TI," which is just as important to know.  

This is the third "request" (if you will) video I've made so far.  I wanted to open it up for more requests.  If anyone out there (like the newer bunch who have just joined us) needs a tutorial on something, and if I'm qualified to demo it, I will make up a full YouTube tutorial documenting the subject.  The one I filmed today is a two part tutorial, as my video was over 16 minutes long... 10 is the YouTube max.  So--- if anyone has a need or just wants a certain game demo'd... Let me know!

Edited by Opry99er

We definitly are in need for some combined TIDIR / CF7+ video tutorials. This is what I can think about:

* Format a compact flash card using TI-DIR

* Copying files from PC drive into disk image

* Transfer disk image to the compact flash card

* Backup your CF7+ using TI-DIR

And then you have Freds' utilities that run on the TI itself (and which I don't know jack about) :D

I would love to add your vids to the development resources thread (already have your "Tape to Disk to PC file transfer" on there). You probably have more that I need to check out again ;)

You're welcome to use whatever you want--- but Alot if those videos aren't programming related-- some are hardware mods, gear info, so on... The one I filmed yesterday I'm hoping to complete the editing and have it posted by tomorrow night. It shows the whole Internet-->5.25 floppy journey... It'll be cut into 2 parts as I was quite meticulous and detailed... As it was a requested video. As far as the CF7 tutorials, I'll probably start by familiarizing myself with CF2k and the various PC utilities so I will be better prepared to teach. It is definitely going to happen. Thanks for the input--- I might start filming some of the TI99Dir functions as soon as I get the new one complete.

We definitly are in need for some combined TIDIR / CF7+ video tutorials. This is what I can think about:

* Format a compact flash card using TI-DIR

* Copying files from PC drive into disk image

* Transfer disk image to the compact flash card

* Backup your CF7+ using TI-DIR

And then you have Freds' utilities that run on the TI itself (and which I don't know jack about) :D

I would love to add your vids to the development resources thread (already have your "Tape to Disk to PC file transfer" on there). You probably have more that I need to check out again ;)

This would be awesome !!

I'm a new user to the TI (believe it or not) and I'm still gathering info on what I need and how to use it.

In general, I collect and restore (where possible) 8-bit computers and game systems and have 37 systems in my collection (and growing !!). One of them is a silver TI-99/4a with voice synth and a few game carts. The unit works but I have never used the TI before and don't know what "new" hardware is available for it (like the CF7+).

I did not expect to get much use out of the machine until I recently heard about the TurboFORTH cart being developed. Now I'm really excited and what to upgrade my TI to get the most out of it!

I would really appreciate any youtube video's that could help me get up to speed !!

Thanks

If you haven't checked it out yet, you can look at my YouTube channel, but I have about 30 TI related videos about various things... Disk managers, swapping disk drives, programming, modification, etc. Take a look and if you wanna know something, just ask

In general, I collect and restore (where possible) 8-bit computers and game systems and have 37 systems in my collection (and growing !!).

That rocks! Do you have a website with pictures and such? Virtual tour of the machines perhaps? Wow, if I had that many I don't know which I would mess with. I thought I had a lot with 24 some-odd computers in the house, with 5 or so being "classic" computers.

If you are looking at getting into programming, the TMS9900 CPU has a nice assembly language.

Matthew

In general, I collect and restore (where possible) 8-bit computers and game systems and have 37 systems in my collection (and growing !!).

That rocks! Do you have a website with pictures and such? Virtual tour of the machines perhaps? Wow, if I had that many I don't know which I would mess with. I thought I had a lot with 24 some-odd computers in the house, with 5 or so being "classic" computers.

If you are looking at getting into programming, the TMS9900 CPU has a nice assembly language.

Matthew

Thanx everyone for the gracious welcome !!

And riding on that emotional high I can add "WHOOOT!! Just bought the last CF7+ slim on eBay !!"

My collection started with a Mac SE "ornament" (that's what I told my wife anyway !!) for $5 !!

I now think of it in three pieces: Retro game systems, 8-bit computers and Retro Toys

Collecting is one thing, organizing them is another (what's the point if their all in boxes !!!)

First "phase" was to setup a Retro Game System Wall. COMPLETED !!

I have a home made stand that has 6 pull out shelves (2 wide, 3 high) each with a different game system on it. All systems are connected to a 13" TV on top via 2 video switches.

It contains: NES, SNES, Genesis, Atari 2600, Intelivision and Coleco

Below that, the stand has two wide shelves on which I have my TI-99/4a, Coco 3 and N64.

Phase 2 will be the 8-Bit Wall

I will be using an inexpensive shelving system that screws to the wall and that I can have shelves anywhere on the wall.

Systems I want on the wall are: Mac SE/30, Coco 3, Apple 2e, C-64/128.

TI-99/4a, Vic-20, Atari 800XL will be added if I can arrange the systems to use my one monitor and still be usable (typing hight while sitting in a chair). I should be able to get 6-7 setup without too much trouble.

Phase 3 is to upgrade as many systems with old skool and homebrew hardware and software. Memory and mass storage (CF/SD) upgrades being top priority.

I will also install as many OSes/environments on these systems as I can find. Such as Contiki, NitrOS, GEOS, FORTH and anything else that seems cool ;-)

AS far as programming is concerned, I consider myself a hobbyist. I have completed a year of engineering a long time ago and have some Basic, Pascal, C and Z80 asm experience (VERY rusty!). I have been tinkering with 6502 asm on my Apple 2e. I started making a breakout game using the built-in mini-assembler but (if only it supported lables !!) it was too painful to deal with so I didn't finish. And along came Forth.... Most (all?) of these systems have at least one Forth implementation. If I learn Forth, I can write programs that are fast and should be easy to port across all of these systems! That is why TurboFORTH caught my attention! A quality Forth on top a 16 bit system with dedicated graphics and sound processors sounds too good to pass up !!

TheJ

My most recent youtube tutorials. JUST uploaded these minutes ago, so there might be a little delay time before it will show up, but I'll link it now.

THIS IS PART 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeJ6ZjHc8_g

THIS IS PART 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFcCNeFLhQo

I'm also posting (as I type) a little fun TI video where my Uncle and I force the kids to play the TI while we recall fond memories of back when. =) I'm interviewing him in this video. I'll post it soon

Here's the "TI-99 Family Fun" video I promised. =)

Keira Bradford, William Miller, Skylar Miller, my uncle--Billy Miller, and myself. =) Uncle Billy talks about the old days and the demise of TI's home computer market.

What is this thing under the Navarone Widget and white cartridge?

post-19129-127326782015_thumb.jpg

That is a very high tech, super secret, prototype, one-of-a-kind, highly rare cassette tape case. Hehehe... Just a plain ol' ass cassette case that houses some cartridges. :)

What a letdown. ;-)

Have you done a video walkthrough of your collection that you have on display up on the shelves? I know you've done a couple of hardware videos, but I don't recall one of your prized collectibles. I think all the members need to put up a video or some pix of their TI collection.

Edited by snume

I haven't done a true walktgrough lately. About a year and a half ago I made 2 videos, "Components and Media" and "Components and Media 2" that I put on YouTube--- but I have moved twice since then and I have a completely different setup, which you can see on the 3 most recent videos. I'll post a recent pic of my TI setup here in a bit. It's not all rigged up with the GK and whatnot--- I kind of sort of traded for the MBX system you will see in the pic I post. :). Not sure

if the trade is permanent yet--- but I'm having fun in the meantime!!! :)

50c1479c.jpg

my main cartridge holder. Notice Pitfall on the top right, Hen Pecked, Miner2049er. These are all very neat looking carts!

017202ee.jpg

this is the most beautiful TI cart I own... It's lovely in it's shape, design, everything. I have a Rotor Raiders cart still in the box that probably looks awesome too, but it is sealed and I'm afraid to open it. :)