IGNORED

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (3DO)is the WORST game of all time!

Now, you guys may have thought you've seen some stinkers, such as Superman 64 (N64), Action 52 (NES) and the only game ever to get the lowest possible score (1.0) at Gamespot, Big Rigs Off the Road Racing (PC). But after seeing this "game" reviewed by the AVGN, it makes those previous two games actually look pretty decent by comparison:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/52921?type=flv

I doubt a worse video game could exist. You really have to see this "game" to believe it. Though whether it even qualifies as a game probably makes it all the worse. I'm not even going to bother to describe it; this is one of those things where you have to watch the video and see it with your own eyes.

BTW, absolutely nothing in that game is a Photoshop job or a joke; that is the REAL game, if you can possibly believe it.

Edited by Dittohead Servbot #24
  • Like 1

I still say the Make My Music Video games beat it for title of WURST GAEMZ EVAR!

At least Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is, loosely speaking, a choose your own adventure novel. It's story is a trainwreck, but it can be somewhat entertaining.

The Make My Music Video games are video editing of public domain clips to music and bands which were never good to begin with. There really isn't any entertainment value to be wrung from them, other than to marvel about how utterly horrible an idea they are.

seeing how there was virtually no restrictions on content for third parties on the 3DO, PDWT be disquallified on a technicality as the worst game of all time. basically it would be no different than calling a terrible flash game the worst game of all time.

PDWT is funny, just to see how bad it is, with the lack of video(stillshots + audio), the bad menu systems that make Jaguar games' menus look wonderful, the atrocious voiceovers on the menus, and the overall weirdness(like the "host" of the game in his funny hat). I think it's actually now playable on YouTube, via YT's interactive features.

I still contend that Panic! for the SegaCD trumps all in the worst game ever category. It's about as mindless and pointless as reality television.

Holy crap! Never heard of that one. XD

Actually, as f*cked up as that game is... it's kind of interesting, except I don't see how it actually works, it's like random trial and error/process of elimination most of the time. (odd Monty-Python-esque surreal humor... and the art kind of reminds me of squigglevision too)

Takeshi's Ultimate Challenge

"-Sing karaoke into the microphone installed in the Famicom's second controller for hours straight

-Leave the game alone for at least an hour without pressing a single button: however, if you left it alone for more than one hour and ten seconds, the entire game restarted. This meant you couldn't just leave the room and do something else for a long time.

-Try to jump over a gap that was exactly one pixel wider than your character's maximum jumping length

-Hit the final boss twenty thousand times to defeat it"

I collect fami and I want this pretty badly actually... i've been combing ebay for over a year. Haven't looked recently though.

And to be fair, it's supposed to be bad. If a game is supposed to be bad (like Kuso-Ge stuff), does it count? The Museum of bad art will only accept works that were intentional, sincere attempts at art. As far as they know, anyway.

Edited by DickNixonArisen

I just watched this and I have to say this guy isn't funny at all.. I never bothered to check out AVGN before, and I'm glad of that now. He's like the crystalized essence of the opposite of funny. I guess i'd have to admit this looks worse than Takeshi's Ultimate Challenge.. there's got to be at least a little playable game in that.

Not true!!!

In order to be the "Worst game of all time", it has to actually be "a game."

It obviously has no relation to gaming in any way at all.... ;)

PDWT is the worst bits of code and data ever placed on a CD tho, I'll agree with that.

desiv

Hm. It's interactive entertainment, but not a game? I guess I don't consider a DVD which you can change the viewing angles on a game. I guess I do consider choose-your-own-adventure things to be gamebooks and thus partly game, so I would say this is a game. Although websters has a Really broad definition that would include the majority of most people's lives. And self-stimulation. "Hey, I'm just a gamer... that's all"

"1 a (1) : activity engaged in for diversion or amusement : play (2) : the equipment for a game b : often derisive or mocking jesting : fun, sport <make game of a nervous player>

2 a : a procedure or strategy for gaining an end : tactic b : an illegal or shady scheme or maneuver : racket

3 a (1) : a physical or mental competition conducted according to rules with the participants in direct opposition to each other ..."

I just watched this and I have to say this guy isn't funny at all.. I never bothered to check out AVGN before, and I'm glad of that now. He's like the crystalized essence of the opposite of funny. I guess i'd have to admit this looks worse than Takeshi's Ultimate Challenge.. there's got to be at least a little playable game in that.

It wasn't one of his best (the jaguar one is a really poor example too), I find quite a bit of his stuff funny though, but a fair bit is hit an miss.

Now, you guys may have thought you've seen some stinkers, such as Superman 64 (N64), Action 52 (NES) and the only game ever to get the lowest possible score (1.0) at Gamespot, Big Rigs Off the Road Racing (PC). But after seeing this "game" reviewed by the AVGN, it makes those previous two games actually look pretty decent by comparison:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/52921?type=flv

I doubt a worse video game could exist. You really have to see this "game" to believe it. Though whether it even qualifies as a game probably makes it all the worse. I'm not even going to bother to describe it; this is one of those things where you have to watch the video and see it with your own eyes.

BTW, absolutely nothing in that game is a Photoshop job or a joke; that is the REAL game, if you can possibly believe it.

For me the absolute worst game ever made is a tie between Sega CD's Bug, and X-box 50 Cent.

It does not get much worse than that.

I don't think video editing programs are bad, even for a game system, but it certainly wasn't meant to be made as a series of Sega CD games with its type of compressed video output. Make My Video might have more merit released on a current-generation system, but who knows?

I don't think video editing programs are bad, even for a game system, but it certainly wasn't meant to be made as a series of Sega CD games with its type of compressed video output. Make My Video might have more merit released on a current-generation system, but who knows?

I'm not sure it was even compressed, a ton of the video on the Sega CD is uncompressed. (Sonic CD most definitely and some digital pictures stuff) Some used compression and some used "cinapak for sega" (Road Rash, for one), but others didn't, and I'm not sure if make my own video was or not.

That doesn't have all that much to do with the game though, even with Cinepak at 2x CD bitrate (ie what 3DO usually used), or MJPG or H.261 (on PSX) it wouldn't have been made for a good game.

This was in no means a 3DO only title but a port from the PC - it is however a great example of what not to do with a powerpoint presentation icon_wink.gif ... and yes it encompasses all that was wrong with the initial CD generation.

..........and it makes an easy target for 3DO baggers - whilst I do find AVGN amusing at times for the most part they are sponsered advertisements that appeal to lovers of toilet humour and simply rehashes wikipedia entries with no real insight.

This was in no means a 3DO only title but a port from the PC - it is however a great example of what not to do with a powerpoint presentation icon_wink.gif ... and yes it encompasses all that was wrong with the initial CD generation.

Anyone ever found the PC version?

I'm not sure I'd count it as a game, as much as a interactive multipath movie (minus the multipaths, as I recall, you have to select the right one to continue, though it has multiple choices)

Thing is, it's crap, but it's completeable, and there are plenty of similar games that aren't, so I'd have to disagree with it being the worst :P