IGNORED

CCS64 (or) VICE

Keatah

VICE allows you to maintain a 4:3 aspect ratio on a 16:9 display. CCS64 does not support this feature. So if you have a widescreen display, the game image will always be stretched in CCS64, whereas VICE allows you to keep it looking the way you remember and how the game was intended to look.

VICE allows you to maintain a 4:3 aspect ratio on a 16:9 display. CCS64 does not support this feature. So if you have a widescreen display, the game image will always be stretched in CCS64, whereas VICE allows you to keep it looking the way you remember and how the game was intended to look.

THANK YOU for bringing this up. In my opinion, this makes or breaks emulation for me. I was pissed when all PCs abandoned (needlessly, in my opinion) the 4:3 aspect ratio for the mere reason that [insert brand name here] could too boast of "widescreen" as a "feature." I'd take "tallscreen" if I could get it, so I could play MAME games closer to the original, and see more of a web page (or DTP page) at the same time. I thought things were going to progress towards those rotate-able monitors to do exactly that, then cheap-ass PC companies started touting "widescreen" as a feature - as if I would ever watch a movie on my P.O.S. little PC screen. Now there's no choice but "widescreen" but an emulator that compensates with a true-to-the-experience 4:3 aspect ration "full-screen" mode is an A+ WINNER IN MY BOOK. I hope other emulators will do this as well.