IGNORED

Lynx HSC 2nd half May 2010 Turbo Sub

Hey, this time around it's Turbo Sub. This round ends May 31 at 11:59pm Pacific.

current leaderboard

Battlezone - 83

Eric DeLee - 77

darthkur - 46

roadrunner - 46

atari2600land - 37

PFG 9000 - 27

current high scores

Battlezone - 150,300

PFG 9000 - 129,300

roadrunner - 99,300

Hey, this time around it's Turbo Sub. This round ends May 31 at 11:59pm Pacific.

current leaderboard

coming soon

current high scores

none so far.

Great! This is my first Lynx game! I bought a new Lynx mk1 in 1991 in a computer shop, but I found Turbo Sub instead of California Games inside the box. At first I was a little disappointed because the original game was replaced by the seller but after I turned on the unit and played Turbo Sub ... I was happy to have that game. I love it!

Dscf4400b.jpg

I found this game pretty frustrating. I realize it's called Turbo Sub, but it moves along a little too fast. I didn't get anywhere until I learned to dodge stuff constantly and worry about hitting the enemies in between dodges. And I thought the illusion of a 3D world was fairly unconvincing during the underwater stages where you navigate the blue pillars and the light beam thingies. It seemed like the objects weren't moving correctly in relation to one another.

Also, I only saw the first three bosses, but it seemed like they were all identical except for their appearance. They all move and attack in the exact same way.

Not a bad game at all, but a bit more tweaking could have made it great.

I didn't do so well. I got to the light beam things and lost most of my lives...

32500 is the best I could get.

post-3390-127533285158_thumb.png

I think I need to retire from Atari Lynx High Score Club! LOL Either that or get back into the habit of playing while watching Tigers games like I did last time.