ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/2328

Twin Galaxies M.A.M.E. World Record: 44,940

Leaderboard

1. 37,630 mightymage

2. 16,850 LarcenTyler

3. 13,640 roadrunner

4. 7,550 rmaerz

Juno First

A vertical-scrolling shoot-em-up. Pilot a space fighter through waves of aliens, using warps and the "mystery" to escape danger and gain extra points. Aliens mutate into more dangerous forms the longer they survive.

Game Information

Game Name: Juno First

Released By: Konami, 1983

MAME ROMset: junofrst

Dip Switches:Lives: 3; Difficulty: 8 [Hardest]

Chosen By: rmaerz

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/2216

Twin Galaxies M.A.M.E. World Record: 711,220

Leaderboard

1. 526,530 mightymage

2. 138,290 rmaerz

3. 68,720 roadrunner

4. 12,570 LarcenTyler

Competition ends Sunday, May 23 @ 12PM EST

Season Standings

Calculations through week 40

1. darthkur 413

2. roadrunner 385

3. rmaerz 233

4. aftermac 177

5. retrorussel 164

6. LarcenTyler 115

7. Dr Galaga 64

8. mightymage 54

9. Mister VCS 50

10. SpiceWare 44

11. Fallout_002 38

12. Kurt_Woloch 36

13. Shannon 33

14. MaximRecoil 21

15. 4Ks 19

16. rsiddall 11

16. Zoyx 11

18. joeypsp 10

19. maximebeauvis 9

20. HatNJ 8

21. Gamemaster_ca_2003 6

Edited by rmaerz

Juno First

A little better, up to 68,720

This game seems to be easier if i keep going backwards while i shoot instead of going forward.

I don't know if that's how everyone else is playing this or not.

Maybe you figured this out but on stage 3 (which is like a "Challenging Stage") drift backwards and then the bad guys will converge allowing you to blast the heck out of them. The next group is double file and you can just bounce left-right-left-right and kill them all. After those guys, move over one line to the right and you'll be able to blast the last wave of bad guys. Maybe you miss two - no big deal they'll move counter-clockwise where you can kill the remainder. If the clock reads "90" when that stage is done you've done well.

Also, those little guys that start chasing you in stage 4 you can zap with the flames coming out of the nose or tail of your ship.

The points also pile up when you capture the astronaut and start blowing away the bad guys. It's imperative to capture the astronaut in every level.

Lastly, I imagine my ship as a kick returner on a football field and I'm going North, South, East, West dodging tackles. So, yes I'm moving in all directions especially Level 4 on up when the game picks up in tempo.

I'm still trying to figure out the strategy to the second challenging stage.

Juno First

A little better, up to 68,720

This game seems to be easier if i keep going backwards while i shoot instead of going forward.

I don't know if that's how everyone else is playing this or not.

Maybe you figured this out but on stage 3 (which is like a "Challenging Stage") drift backwards and then the bad guys will converge allowing you to blast the heck out of them. The next group is double file and you can just bounce left-right-left-right and kill them all. After those guys, move over one line to the right and you'll be able to blast the last wave of bad guys. Maybe you miss two - no big deal they'll move counter-clockwise where you can kill the remainder. If the clock reads "90" when that stage is done you've done well.

Also, those little guys that start chasing you in stage 4 you can zap with the flames coming out of the nose or tail of your ship.

The points also pile up when you capture the astronaut and start blowing away the bad guys. It's imperative to capture the astronaut in every level.

Lastly, I imagine my ship as a kick returner on a football field and I'm going North, South, East, West dodging tackles. So, yes I'm moving in all directions especially Level 4 on up when the game picks up in tempo.

I'm still trying to figure out the strategy to the second challenging stage.

So that's what that thing i pick up after i shoot it is, a Astronaut.

One last go at Juno First before the deadline and i only got 55,090