Radar Scope

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Junior

Donkey Kong 3

Crazy Kong

Mario Bros.

VS Super Mario Bros.

Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat

The tourney will begin Thursday, May 27th at 5PM EDT and conclude Wednesday, June 2nd at 5AM EDT.

Please note respective game's Dip Switch settings! (especially Super Mario Bros.)

Tournament Standings

Final Results

1. rmaerz 77 pts

2. FlyingTurtle 74 pts

3. roadrunner 72 pts

4. Dr Galaga 31 pts

5. mightymage 20 pts

6. homerwannabee 11 pts

Radar Scope

Your ship moves horizontally at the bottom of the playfield. Shoot at alien ships in the rows at the top and as they dive-bomb you.

Game Information

Game Name: Radar Scope

Released By: Nintendo, 1980

MAME ROMset: RadarScp

Dip Switches: Lives: 3; Bonus Life: 7,000

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/3799

Twin Galaxies World Record: 82,500

Leaderboard

1. 41,150 rmaerz

2. 13,350 roadrunner

3. 12,750 FlyingTurtle

Donkey Kong

Jumpman -- known today as Mario -- must traverse levels (structures) to save his girlfriend, Pauline, from Donkey Kong before time runs out. The levels include Girders, Rivets, Elevators, and Conveyor Belts. Mario must avoid flames, barrels, and bouncing rivets to reach his goal.

Game Information

Game Name: Donkey Kong [uS Set 1]

Released By: Nintendo, 1981

MAME ROMset: DKong

Dip Switches: Lives: 3; Bonus Life: 7,000

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/6355

Twin Galaxies World Record: 1,136,400

Leaderboard

1. 65,500 Dr Galaga

2. 26,300 rmaerz

3. 19,400 roadrunner

4. 15,900 FlyingTurtle

Donkey Kong Junior

The player controls a small monkey who must leap from platforms, climb vines, and avoid enemies to rescue Donkey Kong from Mario. The game has several distinct levels with similar goals. Fruit can be dropped on enemies (leg traps and birds) to kill them.

Game Information

Game Name: Donkey Kong Junior [uS]

Released By: Nintendo, 1982

MAME ROMset: DKongJr

Dip Switches: Lives: 3; Bonus Life: 10,000

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/6364

Twin Galaxies World Record: 921,900

Leaderboard

1. 108,300 mightymage

2. 35,200 Dr Galaga

3. 18,300 rmaerz

4. 15,700 FlyingTurtle

5. 14,100 roadrunner

Donkey Kong 3

Stanley must shoot insect repellent at Kong to drive him to the top of the screen while avoiding/shooting insects. He must protecting five plants at the bottom of the screen from being carried off by the various insects.

Game Information

Game Name: Donkey Kong 3 [uS]

Released By: Nintendo, 1983

MAME ROMset: DKong3

Dip Switches: Difficulty: Medium; Lives: 3; Bonus Life: 30,000; Additional Bonus: 30,000

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/6358

Twin Galaxies MAME World Record: 725,600

Leaderboard

1. 2,781,100 homerwannabee ***New Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record!!!***

2. 205,700 Dr Galaga

3. 199,600 mightymage

4. 57,800 FlyingTurtle

5. 56,900 rmaerz

6. 41,700 roadrunner

Crazy Kong

That crazy monkey has carried off your girlfriend. You've got to climb ladders, ride elevators and not get hit by barrels, fireballs and mudpans while trying to reach the top of the screen and rescue your girlfriend.

Game Information

Game Name: Crazy Kong [set 1]

Released By: Falcon, 1981

MAME ROMset: CKong

Dip Switches: Lives: 3; Bonus Life: 10,000

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/953

Twin Galaxies World Record: 638,700

Leaderboard

1. 31,500 rmaerz

2. 18,000 FlyingTurtle

3. 17,800 roadrunner

Mario Bros.

Turtles, crabs, and flies come pouring out of the waterworks. Hit the floor beneath them to flip them over, then kick them into the water. Collect coins for bonus points.

Game Information

Game Name: Mario Bros. (US)

Released By: Nintendo, 1983

MAME ROMset: mario

Dip Switches: Difficulty: Medium; Lives: 3; Bonus Life: 20,000

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/6788

Twin Galaxies World Record: 1,484,760

Leaderboard

1. 68,540 roadrunner

2. 47,900 rmaerz

3. 29,000 FlyingTurtle

VS Super Mario Bros.

Mario (or Luigi) sets out on a quest to free the Mushroom Princess Toadstool from the evil King Koopa and restore the fallen kingdom of the Mushroom People. The player character moves from left to right over a horizontally scrolling terrain. Avoid obstacles, destroy enemies by jumping on them, collect coins and power-ups and reveal several hidden items throughout the various levels.

Game Information

Game Name: Vs. Super Mario Bros.

Released By: Nintendo, 1986

MAME ROMset: suprmrio

Dip Switches: Lives: 2; Bonus Life: 250; Timer: Fast; Continue Lives: 3

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/7493

Twin Galaxies World Record: N/A for these settings

Notes: The Turtle Stair Hop trick is banned and use of it will result in IMMEDIATE disqualification of your score, accidental or not. [This also would include the use of a single enemy to get increasingly larger amounts of points by repeatedly jumping on it] Waiting to grab the Golden Axe, at the end of every Bowser level until the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND, causing the timer to revert to 999 is BANNED and use of it will result in IMMEDIATE disqualification! Use of the Wall-Jump tactic is NOT allowed! You MUST access the Underwater area of 8-4 by using the pipe across the lava pit. Doubling back and using the pipe before the pit to do so will equal Disqualification. Use of ANY Pipe to go somewhere different then the programmers intended is BANNED! Warping IS permitted!

Leaderboard

1. 80,700 FlyingTurtle

2. 68,000 roadrunner

3. 49,100 rmaerz

Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat

A three-player, Indy style racing game with five cars that each race around 15 of Danny Sullivan's favorite tracks. Players can turbo, crash, catch fire, and lose fuel, but they may pit stop for repair. Danny himself always races (yellow car) and players can earn money for more turbo, faster pit crew, acceleration, brakes, and tires.

Game Information

Game Name: Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat

Released By: Leland, 1991

MAME ROMset: indyheat

Dip Switches: N/A

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/1059

Twin Galaxies World Record: 56

Note: One player, one credit and no continues

Leaderboard

1. 76 FlyingTurtle <<< unofficial World Record!!! (we didn't record it)

2. 56 rmaerz

2. 56 roadrunner

Edited by rmaerz

I signed up my son the other day and for some reason he doesn't have rights to post to the forums so I'm going to enter his scores under my ID. His user ID is "FlyingTurtle."

FlyingTurtle's scores:

Radar Scope 12,750

DK 13,300

DK Jr 15,700

DK3 57,800

Crazy Kong 12,300

Mario Bros. 29,000

Super Mario 29,750

My scores:

Radar Scope 19,900

DK 13,600

DK Jr 14,100

DK3 56,900

Crazy Kong 31,500

Mario Bros 44,670

Super Mario 46,200

I know my kid can do better on Super Mario. I think he just needs to get used to the fast timer.

Also, I had my fill of Mario Bros. from our HSC not too long ago. That game ticked me off that week. ;)

Donkey Kong 3 2,294,600

By the way it would be really, really cool to break the marathon record while while the tournament is running. :D :cool:

Turn off the flash on your camera, please

It's amazing to me that this game comes easily to you...your scoring 2 million consistently which is just totally out of my league...

Congrats and I hope you do break the record during this tourney. I think it's safe to say you'll get at least 11 points out of it. :)

OK, I realize it is impossible to prove a score of over 2 million with just a photograph, so I will just post the score. I just played it again, and got a score of 2,514,900. I am happy I can record to this amount now. I went to Best Buy 2 days ago, and overpaid for a battery for the camera. But it was all worth it in my opinion. You know the interesting thing about this is that I had a horrible start, and I still came ever so close to the actual record which is 2,583,000.

OK, new record score of 2,781,100. Glad to break the record during the tournament week!

Congrats guy! I've been cross-posting your progress over at ClassicArcadeGaming.com and the folks over there are totally impressed.

How about a screen shot?

Indy Heat

Yeah, the game does have turbo. It took me awhile to figure out the controls for this game. I kept remapping the buttons.

I mapped turbo to one of the mouse buttons.

Indy 500 this weekend, Go Helio!

I'll try that...hitting the default Left ALT key did nothing