IGNORED

Master System HSC reloaded Round 15: After Burner

4Ks

gfs_3801_2_1.jpg

You're a Navy Air Captain. At your control is the most advanced fighter jet ever to set the sky on fire! You supply the skill, reflexes, and guts. Your F-14 Thunder Cat gives you Mach 2+ speeds, unlimited firepower and a state-of-the-art battle computer which targets your enemies for destruction. Fire guided missiles, then blast away with your Vulcan cannon. Roll your F-14 left and right! Enemy missiles slide under your wings. Your afterburners roar as you dive for the wave tops! In this sky battle you're outnumbered. But that's O.K. When it comes to flying the unfriendly skies, you're the one they call "The Ace."

Deadline for high scores is 12:00am June 11, 2010.

Hints and Tips:

Tip #1. Hold down-left or down-right and you will be invulnerable to enemy missiles. This only works up to a certain stage though (Don't remember which, but I think it's roughly halfway through the game). ~ Austin

Current HSC Points:

roadrunner 94

zylon 78

Austin 54

Sonic R 60

4Ks 29

JibbaJabba 20

darthkur 20

JayWI 14

davepesc 12

Edited by 4Ks

I fell out of doing the Hi-Score Club thing, but I picked up a Power Base Converter this week and received Afterburner in the mail yesterday.. I guess playing on real hardware versus emulation inspired me to join in on another round.

Score (I think I died at Stage 7):

post-24675-127505109112_thumb.jpg

Edited by Austin

My first game made it to level 12 but only had 396k, this one's a bit better but only made level 4? 1,687,780

Hm, interesting. The majority of your points actually come from the bonuses you receive every four or five stages or so (You get a generous set amount of points multiplied by the number of enemies you shoot down). It's possible that when you die, this resets.. I'm not 100% sure because I didn't lose a ship until later into the game, but I have a feeling that's how it works. Needless to say, if you fail to lose a ship and you are shooting down plenty of enemies, you should at least be getting a few million points every time you hit those checkpoint/refueling areas. If you think you are going to die, swerve hard left or hard right and you won't get hit (Not by missiles, anyway).. Again this works up to about stage 12.

Edited by Austin