IGNORED

Quadrun rarity downgraded to 9

Alex

Bringing bad a very old thread here....

A recent discussion in the 2600 forum made me look here to see if the rarity of Star Strike had been discussed before and hey, it had!

Whether the 25,000 figure is correct, or even an accurate reflection of current availability doesn't seem to change the fact that Star Strike is far more difficult to find than a Rarity of 5 would suggest. I personally believe it should be a 7, though other people have suggested ratings of 6, 8 and even 9.

I found mine in a HUGE box of M-Netowrk games. Since they're an odd size and don't stack normally, the guy had put them in a seperate box. Out of an estimated 50+ carts in the box, only one was Star Strike. Now that's pretty rare.

Tempest

I found mine in a HUGE box of M-Netowrk games.  Since they're an odd size and don't stack normally, the guy had put them in a seperate box.  Out of an estimated 50+ carts in the box, only one was Star Strike.  Now that's pretty rare.

Tempest

It's the only M-Network game I don't have, and that includes label variations (black or white).

I found mine in a HUGE box of M-Netowrk games.  Since they're an odd size and don't stack normally, the guy had put them in a seperate box.  Out of an estimated 50+ carts in the box, only one was Star Strike.  Now that's pretty rare.

Tempest

It's the only M-Network game I don't have, and that includes label variations (black or white).

I have a white-label star strike for sale if anyone`s interested.

Honestly, I don't think Star Strike is all that rare. I certainly don't believe it's a 8 or 9?!!. Star Strike can be found on ebay almost all the time. True, it's often buried in large lots, but it is available. I saw a loose copy go for 99¢ earlier this year (forgot to bid). Maybe a bump to 6 is justified, but IMO there are several carts that have stronger cases for reassignement than Star Strike.

Star Strike = 25.000 copies produced = Rarity 5

Does this number include White and standard labels together? I think the White label version is much harder to find than the standard black label. Although it took me awhile to find both of them. Out of all of the rarity 5 games Star Strike tends not to pop up as much and as often.

Which Star Strike variation are we talking about, the white INTV label, or the Black M Network label?

I picked the M Network label variation of the game up in a large lot from a private deal a long time ago. I only paid a few bucks for the cart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Air Raid should be given its own rarity number for being so ungodly impossible to find anywhere. An 11 (along with any other games that have had run of 20 or less)

Of course there's still a silm change there are hundreds of Air Raid sitting at a former Menavision building, some of them returns due to defect (rolling picture) and others never sold. Whoever finds that lot can retire very easily.

• 1 month later...
Why was this downgraded and not Obelix? :?  I've definitely seen more Obelix's than I have Quadrun's anywhere. Also, why isn't River Patrol a 10?  :ponder:

It's my perception too that Quadrun is harder to get than Obelix, I certainly paid three times as much for the former as the latter. But of course, the price may reflect demand.