IGNORED

Offical Xbox Mag subscription w/ monthly DVD $5

moycon

Check it out....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005QDWQ?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00005QDWQ

I've been a subscriber for awhile. I think I paid $10 though. The mag is decent enough, I enjoy the pages that go over the DLC and let you know if they think it's worth it or not (surprisingly for an official magazine, often times they tell you it aint worth it). You get a free DVD every month that has demos and videos (most of which are on Live) but it also usually comes with free gamer pics, and sometimes premium themes. On one of the disks they had a demo for a game that wasn't released in the US. I think it was a darts game and it was only released in Europe, that was kind of cool. Anyways, totally worth the $5 a year!!

IMO, it was worth it at the $25 yearsubscription (that's packed in with the mags) If you haven't gotten one, this is a great way to get in entry level, and if you don't like it (which I find unlikely) you haven't lost much.

[edit]If you already got a subscription like I do, it says you can get an extension by posting your original shipping info, so I picked up one for me anyways :P

Edited by Video

• 2 months later...

I signed up for this and NEVER got my magazine. Estimate was August 22, and that time passed with nothing but the usual mail(ie junkmail) in my mailbox. I already reported it on Amazon. Thankfully, Amazon had a feature setup to bitch about never getting your mag, so this could be common.

Maybe it was too good to be true.

I got mine, and it had no disc :P Not that I can play it anyways, but I thought it was weird.

Magazines always take forever. I never understood the whole "6 to 8 weeks" thing, I think it's utter bullshit, just so they can sit on the money and earn a little interest or something. But then, they run out two months early too, so there's always an offset to doing something like that. Magazines are the only thing that I know of that still does this, though I still see the occasional other thing have the 6-8 week thing listed, though I think it's just to cover their rears in other businesses cases, as I've never had anything else take over two weeks.

Yup it takes forever. I got mine last week. CD as usual doesn't work. :P

Really that is odd. I've been getting this mag for well over a year and all the disks worked so far. Just curious you are playing the disk in your 360 right? Just making sure you're not thinking it's a CD and trying to play it in a PC because I'm not sure it would work if you did (I've never really tried tho)

Yup it takes forever. I got mine last week. CD as usual doesn't work. :P

Really that is odd. I've been getting this mag for well over a year and all the disks worked so far. Just curious you are playing the disk in your 360 right? Just making sure you're not thinking it's a CD and trying to play it in a PC because I'm not sure it would work if you did (I've never really tried tho)

Nah...its happened before to me. I bought an issue a year ago from the newstand and the CD would not play in my older 360. I went to the Xbox Mag website and ordered a replacement CD and it worked fine.

I now have a Call of Duty model 360 and when my first issue arrived the CD would not play. LOL. Just my luck.

I didnt bother requesting another though. It does have a ton of scuff marks on it maybe from shipping. Does yours or anyones come in a clear plastic bag? Its very thin, its amazing it doesnt get ripped to shreds from the postal service.

Yep, plastic bag for the mag, and the paper sleeve thing for the CD.

Yep this is how mine arrive also. No issues with any disks being damaged so far.

Might be a local thing cimerians. Gorilla postal??

To be honest I only play the disks with free gamer pics or themes which isn't every month, so maybe I have had some bad ones and never tried them.

Yep, plastic bag for the mag, and the paper sleeve thing for the CD.

Yep this is how mine arrive also. No issues with any disks being damaged so far.

Might be a local thing cimerians. Gorilla postal??

To be honest I only play the disks with free gamer pics or themes which isn't every month, so maybe I have had some bad ones and never tried them.

Yeah I think so! LOL

My second CD I ever got and it doesn't work, oh well. Maybe the next one will.