IGNORED

Tutorials and starter images for CF7+ wanted

retroclouds

In the last few years the CF7+ compact flash adapter has become the de-facto standard device for the "unexpanded" TI-99/4A.

Still, it's kinda surprising that there is hardly any proper documentation or tutorials available on how to use this great device.

What I'm looking for is:

* Video Tutorials and/or text format tutorial on how to use the CF7+

* Video Tutorials and/or text format tutorial on how to use TI99Dir, CF2k, ...

* Starter CF7 image dumps with the most common utilities/games

Any volunteers? Would be more than happy to add the tutorials/images to the development resources thread ;)

They're scattered throughout this forum... They're here, just no all in one place.... I have a bunch of stuff I can send u.

In the last few years the CF7+ compact flash adapter has become the de-facto standard device for the "unexpanded" TI-99/4A.

Still, it's kinda surprising that there is hardly any proper documentation or tutorials available on how to use this great device.

What I'm looking for is:

* Video Tutorials and/or text format tutorial on how to use the CF7+

* Video Tutorials and/or text format tutorial on how to use TI99Dir, CF2k, ...

* Starter CF7 image dumps with the most common utilities/games

Any volunteers? Would be more than happy to add the tutorials/images to the development resources thread ;)

I have been wanting to do a CF7 video and I certainly will soon. I'm out on the road for the next few weeks, so before I left, I intended to make the video as had been requested previously. However, my cheap Chinese-made CF reader on my PC went bad and I didn't have the time/money to invest in a better one. Whether someone does this soon or not, I will be doing a 3 part series on the CF7.

1) Preparing your card and your system

2) PC-->TI CF "transfers"

3) TI-->PC CF "transfers"

may take me a month, but it'll be good when I can get it going. :)

Yeah, started to finally set up stuff on my CF7, but didn't get it done. Too many issues with tools... I'll try again. I just ordered another one...

I have been wanting to do a CF7 video and I certainly will soon. I'm out on the road for the next few weeks, so before I left, I intended to make the video as had been requested previously. However, my cheap Chinese-made CF reader on my PC went bad and I didn't have the time/money to invest in a better one. Whether someone does this soon or not, I will be doing a 3 part series on the CF7.

1) Preparing your card and your system

2) PC-->TI CF "transfers"

3) TI-->PC CF "transfers"

may take me a month, but it'll be good when I can get it going. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Went through another eBay CF reader debacle!!! The one I got as a replacement has a bad USB cable and it's hardwired into the board itself. I need to get a decent one so I can make this video series!!! If anyone has one they want to sell or get rid of, please let me know so I can make you an offer. There are only two places locally who sell them, one is sold out and they aren't planning on re-ordering, the other place has good ones, but they're 50$ a piece. Blast!!

Went through another eBay CF reader debacle!!! The one I got as a replacement has a bad USB cable and it's hardwired into the board itself. I need to get a decent one so I can make this video series!!! If anyone has one they want to sell or get rid of, please let me know so I can make you an offer. There are only two places locally who sell them, one is sold out and they aren't planning on re-ordering, the other place has good ones, but they're 50$ a piece. Blast!!

If it's really just a bad cable, I'd be happy to fix it.

-H

Thanks Howie. I'm not sure what's wrong with it... It looks like a cable, due to the symptoms I mentioned. But it may be the solder on the board itself. I am going to get my money back and just get a good one locally. Spending the extra money to know I have a quality product is worth it... I've just been procrastinating and I've also been cheap. :)

Haha. I've loaded mine up, but still haven't actually used it.

Thanks Howie. I'm not sure what's wrong with it... It looks like a cable, due to the symptoms I mentioned. But it may be the solder on the board itself. I am going to get my money back and just get a good one locally. Spending the extra money to know I have a quality product is worth it... I've just been procrastinating and I've also been cheap. :)

It could be also interesting about Hxc interface. i contacted the genious maker this week bec some few bug left in image conversion, and he released a updated converter working perfectly.

About CF7+, it could be so interesting to manage also module images, as it's connected to the IO port of TI99...