IGNORED

Classic Data East titles coming to PSN

Atariboy

G1M2 and Majesco are going to be bringing classic Data East titles to PSN for use on the PS3 and PSP as part of the PSP Minis lineup.

Lock 'n' Chase will be starting things off on June 8th and supposedly has been improved over the rather poor emulation job it saw on the recent Nintendo Wii compilation.

More Data East titles will be coming to PSN in the future and they're also looking for title suggestions. This suggest that perhaps their PSN releases won't be limited to just the titles included on the Wii compilation.

In addition, G-Mode whom owns much of the Data East library has stated through their Facebook page that they're thinking about a Data East Arcade Classics Volume 2 release and stated that Magical Drop II/III may possibly see a XBLA release. So looks like we might see some new Data East classics being released in the coming months.

Edited by Atariboy

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up Lock n' Chase. Express Raider came out and now Burnin' Rubber. According to the brass load\save games are implemented etc, pretty cool:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/23/now-available-on-psn-burnin-rubber-for-psp-and-ps3/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

I was very disappointed in the Data East Collection for the Wii simply because the games are frustratingly hard (though I still play Magical Drop). And since I'm an Intellivision fan, I would really be interested in buying Lock 'n Chase and Bump and Jump. But with no idea whether these PSN versions are any better than the Wii versions, I'll pass.

Until Sony gets off its corporate butt and starts insisting that demo's of downloadable games be available online (just like MS does), there will be no purchases for me. After being VERY disappointed with Lead & Gold and Section 8 and feeling like I totally wasted $25, I'm sticking to my pledge: No demo = No sale.

Mendon

I was very disappointed in the Data East Collection for the Wii simply because the games are frustratingly hard (though I still play Magical Drop). And since I'm an Intellivision fan, I would really be interested in buying Lock 'n Chase and Bump and Jump. But with no idea whether these PSN versions are any better than the Wii versions, I'll pass.

Until Sony gets off its corporate butt and starts insisting that demo's of downloadable games be available online (just like MS does), there will be no purchases for me. After being VERY disappointed with Lead & Gold and Section 8 and feeling like I totally wasted $25, I'm sticking to my pledge: No demo = No sale.

Mendon

I agree, I have no idea what they are thinking. How in the world can you just buy a game blind? With these games you can try them on MAME etc but what about original games? I usually go to my 360 and try it out. :lol:

Idiots.

I agree, I have no idea what they are thinking. How in the world can you just buy a game blind? With these games you can try them on MAME etc but what about original games? I usually go to my 360 and try it out. :lol:

Idiots.

I refuse to pay $50 a year to get what I can get from MS for free.

But with no idea whether these PSN versions are any better than the Wii versions, I'll pass.

The developer says they're much better. Missing sound in Express Raider is back and Bump 'n' Jump and Lock 'n' Chase have been improved.

I can't afford the $20 for a PSN points card at the moment or I'd just buy them and post some videos up on YouTube (After all, the primary issue with them was the audio side on the Wii compilation). But hopefully someone takes the time to post some videos soon on YouTube so they're not blind buys.

With the assurances of improvements from the developers, I'm certain all the glaring issues like the engine sounds in Bump 'n' Jump have been improved.

Edited by Atariboy

I can't afford the $20 for a PSN points card at the moment

Can't you just use your credit card?

I don't want a credit card linked to my PSN account.

But that's not what I meant, money's a bit tight at the moment so I can't justify much videogame spending at the moment.