IGNORED

Member Photo Gallery Now Available

Alex

I have my picture up now, but I think the picture looks very bad, sorry.

Remind me not to get on your bad side. :)

Heh, no kidding, at least he lives up to his title... :)

Whenever that didn't happen (i. e. a LOT of people say things that make them out to be something totally different in person rather than on the internet), when I started BBSing (which would lead to the internet), my favorite would have to be a guy that I would see on a local BBS chat line (back in '87 or so) who called himself "Hunk"...who, upon meeting him in person once, would turn out to be a skinny 15 year old. :D

isnt the animosity of the internet a wonderful thing? why, if it wasnt for the inability to smack people in the face for saying something inappropriate, AOL would never have gotten as big as it was...

yes, welcome to AOL, the house that sex chat built.

but for all of AOL's crap, and the comercial fiasco it is now, and I am a former employee of that establishment. I honestly belive that if it wasnt for its populartity and ease of use. Sites like this would not exist, and home PC's and electronic online gaming as we know would not exist.

not bad for the bastard child of a failed atari perephial huh?

isnt the animosity of the internet a wonderful thing?

Not always, but lets not go there...

why, if it wasnt for the inability to smack people in the face for saying something inappropriate, AOL would never have gotten as big as it was...

yes, welcome to AOL, the house that sex chat built.

but for all of AOL's crap, and the comercial fiasco it is now, and I am a former employee of that establishment. I honestly belive that if it wasnt for its populartity and ease of use. Sites like this would not exist, and home PC's and electronic online gaming as we know would not exist.

Yeah, I agree, SOME good has to come out of everything. Don't use AOL, unless it's free...

not bad for the bastard child of a failed atari perephial huh?

Yeah, no kidding, I know exactly what you mean! I was floored when I first heard the origins of AOL, that's pretty interesting...

Im tryinto ditch AOL for DSL, but after two months of dicking around it would appear that they sold us the crap when the neighborhood was filled up, and they were waiting for someone to drop out before finalising the connection.

so now.. its come to raise holy hell , or go cable modem wich would go against my whole anti-monopoly ideal

I thought for sure that by now at least half of the Atariage members would have there pictures posted up.  Whats going on here?, I for one want to see what the other members look like.

I think many people are shy and don't want their picture posted on a public website like this for everyone to see. And many others like the browse the net anonymously, so we can't expect those people to post their pictures. But over time I expect the number of pictures in the gallery to grow, and I see new pictures every time I look at it.

Also, it's a new feature and many people probably don't know about it or just haven't gotten around to finding a photo they want to share with the rest of the world. :)

..Al

That's why there isn't a current photo of myself, since, as they say, it's more stressful being unemployed, I always get that "temporary baldness" every one or two years if it's been a while since I've worked. Sheesh...if I could just get work for one stinkin' MONTH my hair would be back to normal (it grows fast...actually in this case it might take two months, it's been so long 8) )...

Thanks for the note, I just fixed them. I'm not sure how else to prevent people from posting Avatars in their profile photo. I may restrict the file format to .jpg for the profile photo.

Well I'll tell you my experience. Within the profile menu, I thought I was updating my avatar (you know how I do the animated/non-animated deal). Anyway, it turns out it was the picture field! So I ended up accidentally uploading my avatar to the picture gallery. Those input fields really look the same. :P

Of course I was too lazy to revisit the picture afterward and simply updated my avatar as I originally intended to do ;)

I thought for sure that by now at least half of the Atariage members would have there pictures posted up.  Whats going on here?, I for one want to see what the other members look like.

:ponder:  :?  :?

Not everyone has access to digital camera equipment (or even photos that they can mail to the Al's). Probably see some more once Santa makes his rounds, though. I'd imagine that there are probably a lot of users who dont even USE the boards, much less uploading a picture into their profile. But its only been a couple weeks, anyway.

Ok, my melon is up there now as well. Before anyone starts speculating, I am 33 !  ;)

Hey I'll be going you in 3 months so it sounds just fine to me.

On another note, IceCold, is your picture in the gallery in anyway related to this newstory: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...us/obit_wallace

:?:

I thought for sure that by now at least half of the Atariage members would have there pictures posted up. Whats going on here?

Probably mostly lack of awareness and people without digicams - and some people already put their photo in the photo thread - AA could transfer them over I guess. Once all the photos are posted, then we can start the AMIHOTORNOT thread.