IGNORED

Vectrex - Just wondering...

ChronicChaos

When I was a little kid (5yrs old) my mom and dad got me this Vectrex. Over the years I have been upgrading, I got a Nintendo, then SNES, 64... you get the point. I have got rid of all my game consoles over the years, except for one, my original vice, the Vectrex. I have this thing sitting in my attic with 18 games some of the screen overlays and original game manuals. I'm getting ready to move and I'm thinking of finally getting rid of this relic. I was wondering if anyone knows how much this is worth, I am trying to see if its worth selling or if I should just hang on to it for sentimental reasons.

What do you guys think?

When I was a little kid (5yrs old) my mom and dad got me this Vectrex. Over the years I have been upgrading, I got a Nintendo, then SNES, 64... you get the point. I have got rid of all my game consoles over the years, except for one, my original vice, the Vectrex. I have this thing sitting in my attic with 18 games some of the screen overlays and original game manuals. I'm getting ready to move and I'm thinking of finally getting rid of this relic. I was wondering if anyone knows how much this is worth, I am trying to see if its worth selling or if I should just hang on to it for sentimental reasons.

What do you guys think?

At a rough guess, your collection might sell for somewhere between $200 and $250. But unless you need the cash, I'd recommend getting it out of the attic and enjoying it - especially since it was your first game system!

Fully working console is worth around $100. Games prices vary... $10-$20 for most non-boxed if you sell individually. A little less if you sold them all as a lot. A couple rare games like Pole Position, Polar Rescue are worth $$. 3D Imager is worth $$$.

You'd have to play first to see if it's still working, so give it a shot and see if you still enjoy it. There have been a lot of new Vectrex homebrews released over the last 10 years. Larger cart roms than were possible back in the 80's so some newer games are better than anything in the original lineup. Vectrexcarts.com has a lot of great games available, and they're only $10-$20. Protector/YASI (Defender/Space Invaders) and Gravitrex Plus (Gravitar) are excellent. Thrust and Space Frenzy are a lot of fun too.

It's a great, unique console and if you still like playing it then keep it. If you'd rather have a few hundred bucks you could offer it for sale in the marketplace here and probably find someone who'd enjoy it.

Edited by boog

Thanks guys for the info. I think I will be putting it up for sale since I am moving across the country and in to a smaller house. If anyone is interested, let me know.

How small a house is it if you don't have room for a Vectrex? :? ;)

desiv

Thanks guys for the info. I think I will be putting it up for sale since I am moving across the country and in to a smaller house. If anyone is interested, let me know.

How small a house is it if you don't have room for a Vectrex? :? ;)

desiv

Right!?

Seriously dude, you should keep it. But what games do you have?

Some go for well over $80.