IGNORED

no excitement for Crackdown 2?

xg4bx

the first one was a blast and available for like $10 now so it's definitely worth checking out.

heres a trailer for part 2-

it looks like even more fun than the first one. despite it's totally underrated status, crackdown is probably one of the best superhero/action games around.

i believe it comes out the 7th of next month if you're interested.

I enjoyed the first one, so I'll definitely check out the sequel. Much like S1500, I think I'll wait for the price to drop down. The price of the original Crackdown dropped like a rock. There seems to be something about sandbox games - Red Dead can already be easily had for $40 on the used market. Is it even a month old?

Chris

I'll get it. I'm a sucker for fun sandbox games, plus I loved the first one.

With the first one, I would love standing by the roadside and shooting tires of civvies just to watch them careen out of control off a cliff or into the ocean. Just good fun.

How long does it generally take for a game to go from $60 to $20 anyway? Many moons ago, I remember Simpsons Road Rage stayed at $50(its base price) for the longest time.

If you're willing to wait a bit, you save dough. I'll buy Fallout New Vegas for full price since I really like it, but for most everything else, I'll wait until it gets into "greatest hits" territory. So even if it's a dud, I'm only out a bit of money.

I realized this when I bought Saints Row 2, played it for 30 minutes(after buying it for full price) and it gathered dust in favor of Fallout 3, which I also bought for full price.

The first one was one of my favorite 360 games.

Pre-ordered the sequel weeks ago. Amazon gives a $10 credit for a future game purchase when you pre-order this so I'm going to use that towards the purchase of the collectors edition of Fallout Vegas.

Really looking forward to Crackdown 2, although my main co-op partner on the first one is M.I.A these days, so I'm not sure the experience will be near as fun. Co-op was definitely the way to go! :thumbsup:

OThe first one was one of my favorite 360 games.

Pre-ordered the sequel weeks ago. Amazon gives a $10 credit for a future game purchase when you pre-order this so I'm going to use that towards the purchase of the collectors edition of Fallout Vegas.

Really looking forward to Crackdown 2, although my main co-op partner on the first one is M.I.A these days, so I'm not sure thee experience will be near as fun. Co-op was definitely the way to go! :thumbsup:

it's actually one of the very few games i've playrd through twice. its a very cool feeling literally watching your guy get more powerful.

I played and finished the first one. Although I didn't go for any of the achievements at all which for some reason is very different from everyone else. I killed the last guy, and that was pretty much it.

Anyway, I have to say I did enjoy Crackdown and will be going for the sequel. Why the heck not. :P Snagging the demo right now :D

I played and finished the first one. Although I didn't go for any of the achievements at all which for some reason is very different from everyone else. I killed the last guy, and that was pretty much it.

Anyway, I have to say I did enjoy Crackdown and will be going for the sequel. Why the heck not. :P Snagging the demo right now :D

You're not alone. I've got something like 60 games on my gamer list thing, and almost all of them have in the range of 50 to 100 points on them. Only a few games actually have close to 1000, but I don't think a single game has 1000 (except maybe Avatar, just because you can pull off a single move and get all five points :P )

I don't know, the "points" thing just never did it for me. Iplay the games based on how I like the game

Played the demo.

I can say if you enjoyed the first one, you'll probably enjoy the second.

The are pretty similar, in fact many locations are from the first although the overall layout seems fresh. I actually think i enjoyed the first game better, but it probably has to do with the fact your officer isn't very powered up and you don't really have enough time to get him leveled more than 2 or 3 times.

I snagged all the achievements on the first game except one, the rooftop race one. I plan on going for them all in this game as well. In the first game I liked the game AND enjoyed the challenge of going for the different achievements, especially snagging all the orbs.

Had I not cared to go for them Crackdown probably would have lasted what 10-15 hours? As it stands I played through the game 3 or 4 times with various co-op partners, had a blast each time and probably got 80 hours of play time out of it.

For those the care, You can actually snag 100GP in the Demo and have them count towards you gamerscore when you load up the actual game! (Wish more demo's did that for folks who like achievements) :thumbsup:

Apparently there's a way to get unlimited Demo time... this is just a straight paste from IRC so sorry if it's badly formatted. :P

[04:21] <vbrk0> btw did you guys see that there's a way to get unlimited demo time?

[04:21] <vbrk0> <@cma20> 1. Start the demo.

[04:21] <vbrk0> <@cma20> 2. Choose your agent and his colour up until you press A to "deploy agent".

[04:21] <vbrk0> <@cma20> 3. Disconnect from the internet. I personally pulled out the ethernet cable in the back.

[04:21] <vbrk0> <@cma20> 4. Quickly press A after disconnecting from the internet. When trying to join the game is should pop up a menu saying that friends can't join because you're online or something.

[04:21] <vbrk0> <@cma20> 5. Hit B to cancel.

[04:21] <vbrk0> <@cma20> 6. Reconnect to the internet and start up another game.

[04:21] <vbrk0> <@cma20> 7. Demo time remaining will be stuck at 30 minutes for as long as you don't start any races or things like that.

[04:23] <vbrk0> with how much the ability level ups are increased that should make getting everything to 5 a breeze

Edited by NE146

Tried it. Doesn't seem to work.

At step 6. After starting a new game it just says Times Up the demo is over.

Bummer.

Edit : Got it to work. You have to reconnect the internet and log back in to your profile in step 6.

Played today for a couple hours. Leveled up some of my skills to max. Definitely made the game funner and more familiar to what I remember Crackdown being. That said. There isn't a whole lot new here and I miss taking out real bosses. (Haven't come across any yet anyways) Like I said I really liked the first game so I'm looking forward to this, but I can pretty much say I don't think anyone that didn't like the first one would bother with the second. Some new enemies, and some new (and very redundant) missions is all this seems to offer based on the demo. Most everything else seems about the same...except I think the first one visually looked a little better, can't quite put my finger on it but that's just the impression I'm getting. This one looks dingy or something. Maybe it was by design.

• 2 weeks later...

i picked this up tonight and have been playing for awhile. it's great. right off the bat theres quite a few changes that make it feel like a new game. the happiest surprise is that you can power up your character alot more. in the first game each stat could only improve 4 times, now each can go up 7 or 8. the weapons and items you have access to are affected by your skills in those areas, which makes sense. there looks to be alot of sweet weapons and items to get.

so far i'm very pleased.

Unfortunately I'm the exact opposite. The more I play the more I realize how little thought went into the game. In the first game you took on giant criminal organizations, starting with the lower toadies to soften up the gang as a whole before taking out the boss who was heavily guarded in out of the way fortresses. Simple but fun. A little redundant but each gang member you took out had their own personality and were housed in cool and unique locations that made the searching for and taking them down interesting in my opinion.

Now there's Crackdown 2. First off I don't think the graphics are as good as the first. They all have a muddled water color look ment to suggest the city is tarnished and rusted I guess. The graphic dont suck, I just think they look dreary compared to the first. The missions so far? Find some generic beacon, guarded by generic cell members, activate it, now find two more, activate those as well. Ok now where the beacon's rays cross, go and request a weapon (basically yet another beacon) drop, that always has to charge up, hold off the freaks until it does. Done with that? Ok now go do it again and again now cross the bridge, and do it again in the other areas and again and again.

You can also take over advantage points, again, they are all the same, faceless gang members coming at you and you have to hold them off. You can do this about 28 times in various areas. *yawn* All the personality is sucked out of this game in my opinion. Sure jumping around looking for orbs is fun, doing the races, stunt markers (all done perfectly fine in the first game) is fun, but far from innovative. In fact it's simply more of the same and nothing more than that. I'll admit I am looking forward to some items (the jetpack and helicopter) you obtain later in the game, beyond those two things which are ONLY new to Crackdown and pretty mundane in that they abound in other modern games, it sure doesn't seem like much thought went into the game.

Even the achievements are pretty lame, some of the few unique ones, borrow from or outright steal from the first game. (Use Harpoon Gun to pin 5 enemies to a single vehicle.)

How hard is it to come up with fun achievements in a game like this!!?? LOL

Not a bad game, just kinda meh. Worth waiting for a price drop if you ask me.

I also am not too impressed with it. The whole game just feels like a user-made mod for the first game. Too much is the same, and what is different feels sloppy.

It's fun, it just feels like MS grabbed the first dev studio to raise their hand and told them to "make more Crackdown". I doubt I'll finish it. It's too bad too, I was really looking forward to it. It makes me more curious how the game would have been if Realtime Worlds had made it. (And seeing the reviews for APB, I bet RTW is wondering the same thing.)

• 3 weeks later...

This game has grown on me.

There is a twist to the story as you activate beacons, and even though the missions are redundant, the difficulty level ramps up nicely to keep things challenging. Right now I'm just doing side things, leveling up, storing cars etc... I have one more beacon to activate so i don't know how the twist will play out yet but I'm looking forward to finding out. I won't say this is better than first but I am enjoying it. If you see the game for < $30 and you liked the first Crackdown, you could do worse than pick it up.

There is a twist to the story as you activate beacons, ... I have one more beacon to activate so i don't know how the twist will play out yet but I'm looking forward to finding out.

You'll be disappointed. I'd complain more but I don't want to spoil it for you.

• 2 months later...

Well I just started playing crackdown 2 but so far I like it. Yea it's very similar to the first crackdown but what's wrong with that? The original crackdown was one of the best games I ever played. I'm glad they didnt change it too much. Hopefully it stays as good as it started for me...

The original crackdown was one of the best games I ever played.

I agree with this statement 100%!!

It's sequel pales in comparison.

Crackdown 2 is not a terrible game, but far from a great game.

After playing through it, I'd say it's worth a < $29.99 price tag.