IGNORED

Move

DaytonaUSA

I'm a bit confused here. The Move has to be one of the most exciting things from E3, and I want to pre-order some stuff...

However, I don't know what I should get. The Move Sports Champions bundle includes one controller, an EYE, and the game. However, the main picture on Gamestop's site shows a big concern. It shows someone playing the archery game... which needs two bulb controllers.

This comes with no navigation controller, which I'm assuming is needed for games like Mortal Kombat and Sorcery.

There seems to be a main problem. I know it's very early here, but these sites don't say what all you need to play these games.

Do I need to just buy a one bulb controller? 2? A nav controller? I'm lost here...

Any help is appreciated. I'm sure this will be cleared up, but if these guys are going to sell pre-orders for this crap, they had better know what exactly they are selling! :x

you're probably better off just going for 2 wands, i know The Fight uses 2 also. from what i've read the dualshock could be used in place of the nunchuck so you might be able to hold off on that.

But does the navigator controller have an motion sensor in it? If so, wouldn't it make it integral to some games, or no? I mean, I don't know if I can play SOCOM 4 while holding a wand in my right hand and a SIXAXIS in the other. That's an awkward controller for just one hand....

If you want to pre-order, I'd suggest going for one Move Controller (I call it the Ice Cream Cone), one Nunchuk, and one Camera. I'd then wait a month as more details will be released about which controller configuration will be needed for which games. No sense buying 4 Cones and 4 Nunchuks if only one or two of each are needed.

One suggestion: Look around for a Eye of Darkness starter kit which came packed with a camera. You can still find the kits on store shelves and they are almost always priced at $10 - $15 clearance. I think both a Walmart and a Toy's R Us near me still had them in stock a couple weeks ago, and I think the Walmart one was priced at $12. By finding the EoD kit, you not only save some $$$ on the camera but you also get another game to try out.

Mendon

• 2 weeks later...

While the archery game in Sports Champions, as you noted, supports 2 Move controllers for a single player, as do the collection's volleyball and gladiator games, all of them are playable with only 1 controller. In addition, I think all of the game's multiplayer parts are hot-seat style, not simultaneous (or, at least, hot-seat is definitely an option). The only game I know of that will actually require 2 Move controllers for a single player is The Fight: Lights Out.

As for the Nav controller, xg4bx is right; the DualShock/SixAxis can fully replicate all functions of the Nav (as stated on Sony's own page for the Nav). So, if you don't want to spend the $30 for a Nav, you can just use your existing hardware. The DualShock fits my hand perfectly fine, so I don't think I'd have any trouble using it one-handed.

onmode-ky